Sign in to follow this  

PayPal and EBay - My PayPal account DISAPPEARED?

All by itself. Well, my PayPal account HAD been in the negative, for $2200. I used to be able to log in and check and see the negative balanced, AND my linked BillMeLater account (which is now closed.) When I saw the negative balance in a letter, I sent the address on the letter a DV, letting them know that I disputed the accuracy. Nothing happened, at first.

Now, out of the blue and more than amonht later, I cannot log into my account. I tried logging into a different PayPal account; (family member's) and they work fine.

I have not tried to log in to EBay in awhile, and my BillmeLater account (closed) still has a balance.

But, if the account disappeared, then so did the debt...

What could have happened? AND, can I ever use PayPal in my own name again? :blink:

P.S.: My truck needs a new engine, so if the $2100 "debt" (?) ever pops back up.. I am taking my time to pay it. Not right away. No. Have other things to do first, much more pressing things with my money.

How long was it negative? They probably charged it off, in which case you can assume that a CA now has it.

How long was it negative? They probably charged it off, in which case you can assume that a CA now has it.

I want to say that it was in the negative for some months.

So then why has no CA yet contacted me?

Think my DV letter scared them?

Perhaps my collections score is so low and this debt may be sold/sold/sold so long that YEARS from now, could be an easy DV/delete?

Let me see if I can log in to EBay.. and can I ever have PayPal again??? ?

How long ago did it first go negative, and how did it happen?

It first went negative in about June, and it was because someone that advanced me basically $2000 basically then turned around and said "No I didn't" and I didn't have a spare $2000 laying around to cover my butt (like some do.) So it sat, I paid $100 on it when I could and it just said Balance: -$2100 and now I all of a sudden cannot log in.

I can agree that something happened to the account.. just wondering if it was deleted vs sold to a CA. (The other one, family member's, the one that advanced me the money off credit cards that then was used as credit, I can log in and it says "Account restricted." This one, I can no longer log in at all, and CAN log in to EBay.)

So how will I buy stuff on EBay now..............

I don't know what happened to the account but I can tell you my experience with paypal after having a restricted/closed account.

I had a paypal account for years that I used for my business for items sold on ebay as well as international payments from my wholesale customers. I never had a negative balance but I had quite a few large transactions coming from European accounts.

I received payment for an invoice for $6800 from a European customer and paypal decided they didn't like the transaction for some reason and they restricted my account and held my funds for 6 months. They could not give me an explanation why and there was nothing I could do. They insisted that I had to wait six months to get my money Incase the customer initiated a chargeback, despite the fact that I had received around 20 payments from the same customer with no problems.

After this happened it took about 8 years till I could open a paypal account again. Before that I would open an account and they would automatically close it in a day or two.

I would imagine if you left them with a negative balance as well as a large transaction that may have appeared to be suspicious it will be quite some time till you can open a new one.

Not sure if this applies to your particular situation, but PayPal seems to have two categories of crap list. One is the Malicious User List and other the Non-Malicious-But-Still-Caused-Us-A-Loss-User list (names invented by me).

I was on the second because a guy had delivery confirmation for an item he sent me and that meant PayPal refused my claim. Still, no matter what the Post Office said, that package was never delivered to my house. I prevailed with a credit card chargeback. PayPal ate the loss. It never went to collections. After several months they let me open another account.

The first list, though, seems to be a different story. A neighbor used his credit card to send money to himself and then did a chargeback. It's been years, but they still refuse to forgive him. Trying to sneak back in has not worked because they compare SSNs he says.

Good luck! Hope it works out for you.

So how will I buy stuff on EBay now..............

Just wondering ... how could you use it to buy stuff on eBay if they left it open anyhow since you were already $2,000 in the hole?

Paypal is stupid and no one should be using them.

Why?

http://www.screw-paypal.com/

Not totally convincing. The same can be said about <insert name of almost every bank in the US here>.

Some people get shafted, but many are not so innocent or even guilty as hell.