Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Gor a text this morning

The last post in this topic was posted 2554 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

(YW-ID: UHV958BHU .You are required to contact us ASAP:_845-357-0723.MSG-iD: ACCT_Limited_Bank0f_America.Sorry for the inconvenience

Got this text at 7:18 this morning. Not sure who it is. Maybe a collection agency for BOA? Did a quick google search bit didnt come up with anything definitive. If this is a CA isnt that to early to contact someone?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I google the name on the text it comes up ronrayco.com which is a parts supplier out of Indiana but the number comes up NY...

If this is a CA isnt that to early to contact someone?

Yes.

Had you previously given BofA permission to send you text messages?

Not that I recall it has been awhile. What are the rules on contacting people at certain times.

Not that I recall it has been awhile. What are the rules on contacting people at certain times.

§ 805. Communication in connection with debt collection [15 USC 1692c]

(a) COMMUNICATION WITH THE CONSUMER GENERALLY. Without the prior consent of the consumer given directly to the debt collector or the express permission of a court of competent jurisdiction, a debt collector may not communicate with a consumer in connection with the collection of any debt --

(1) at any unusual time or place or a time or place known or which should be known to be inconvenient to the consumer. In the absence of knowledge of circumstances to the contrary, a debt collector shall assume that the convenient time for communicating with a consumer is after 8 o'clock antimeridian and before 9 o'clock postmeridian, local time at the consumer's location;

Definitely a scam. I've gotten those before from "Bank of America" and I haven't had an account with them for years.

I got a call at 6:30AM Thanksgiving morning with a preapproval for an auto loan. Do you guys think this was legit? :D

I got a call at 6:30AM Thanksgiving morning with a preapproval for an auto loan. Do you guys think this was legit? :D

Probably. I would of taken it, but that's just me ;)

The last post in this topic was posted 2554 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.