Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Does anyone knows the Genesis Credit at Best Buy!!!

The last post in this topic was posted 2433 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I went to Best Buy to return some stuff earlier today. I noticed they had another lender to finance. It offer 0% interest for 6 months. It borrows up to $1200. I think it is a subprime card. I didn't see any info on the website.

Here is the poster at Best Buy:

photo-2_zpse6c56b06.jpg

I think it is new. I don't think it is revolving credit. It is like Conn's credit. You have to apply every time you need. It is a closed end installment. They also do the subprime lending for Zales, Fred Meyers Jewelers according to website.

link:

https://www.mygenesiscredit.com/Home.aspx

Ron.

Would still be a good report builder for people with thin files, or rebuilding though.. A couple of installment loans are good alongside credit cards, so that might actually be preferable to a card.

I'd be kind of surprised if it were anything else considering they already have their rewardzone card backed by Citi, formerly Cap1, formerly HSBC.. lol

I work for a jewelry store (not the ones that Ron1 named) that uses Genesis and they give credit lines like candy. We do a SP first to see if they will be approved and then if they are pre-approved, we run the credit. They SP TU (not sure if its's good for B*) and then they HP TU. They give minimum 1K to max 5K. Ours is a revolving line of credit with 6 months 0%.

This may be what I need. I am needing a lap top for school and maybe if they approve people with no credit I can kill 2 birds with one stone. Get what I need and start building my credit.

This may be what I need. I am needing a lap top for school and maybe if they approve people with no credit I can kill 2 birds with one stone. Get what I need and start building my credit.

So much for that idea. Went to my local best buy and they never heard of this. This must be in certain states only I guess

Je-zus, who's going to finance egift cards?

I think it's so they don't have to accept the cards at POS. You want a $800 TV so you go buy a $800 gift card from the kiosk, then you take that gift card to the register with you.

Je-zus, who's going to finance egift cards?

I think it's so they don't have to accept the cards at POS. You want a $800 TV so you go buy a $800 gift card from the kiosk, then you take that gift card to the register with you.

Sketchy

I live in Katy/Houston, TX and I have a genesis credit line with Best Buy. I am not employed so I used my husbands income even though he is not on it. My credit was about 630. I got the full $1200 line credit. For Christmas I wanted to buy $400 worth of gifts from there so as long as I have that amount on there they give me a gift card/certificate with that amount and I take it to the register to pay. so until I pay the full $400 off that I took out, I can only use what is on the credit. For ex: $1200 I spent $400. I only have $800 left to spend unless I pay the $400 off. Then im back at $1200. If I pay the $400 (or whatever amount) off in 6 months I do not pay interest. And I think you can only take money out in $200 increments. Don't remember how much exactly.

Oh and you can use it for literally anything in the store. I got beats by dre and a gift card.

Congrats on your approval!!!!

Ron.

I'm going to be in the market for a new laptop soon, and since I can't qualify for the BBY card through Citi, maybe this will help me buy a new machine.

Does anybody know what the requirements are for income, residency, references, etc?

I'm going to be in the market for a new laptop soon, and since I can't qualify for the BBY card through Citi, maybe this will help me buy a new machine.

Does anybody know what the requirements are for income, residency, references, etc?

BillMeLater is a decent service I used a few years ago when buying through Lenovo. Definitely check them out. Usually offer 0% financing for a year or so.

My brother went to Best Buy to apply for Genesis Credit yesterday. He got approved instantly for $1200. They told him the BB employee will handle Genesis Credit after April 9. It is re-useable LOC unlike Conns Credit. It is easier than Bill Me Later.

Ron.

The last post in this topic was posted 2433 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.