Sign in to follow this  
mmalone120

Judgment from Palisades/Pressler n Pressler

Good Afternoon All,

A family member of mine has a judgment filed back in Sept of '08 from Palisades Collections and/or Pressler and Pressler law firm. The amount is under $800. I had him call to allow me to work with the account. So today I called in and tried to get it vacated for payment. I've recently had luck with this myself earlier this year on two old judgments. But of course, after placing me on hold for a while the rep said they can only show it as satisfied and paid in full. Which obviously doesn't do me much good.

I received the same responses to the two judgments I had vacated for myself when I called at first, so I had to visit the offices in person. It was only when visiting in person that I was able to get them to agree to have 'em vacated for payment. Now I'm planning on doing the same with this one, but just wanted to see if anyone had any helpful info.

Any good contact info for lawyers at Pressler?

Being it's five years old already, will they really garnish pay or take other action (they've recently threatened to do so)? I'd usually just tell them to wait two years 'til it dropped off, but they need the decent credit for a home purchase next year.

Any other advice?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by mmalone120

If you can get Pressler & Pressler to drop the judgment from reporting by visiting their lawfirm, then more power to you. Phone: 972-752-5100, FAX 973-753-5353

be careful that you don't fall foul of UPL statutes.

you cannot legally represent anyone but yourself if you are not registered with the State bar Association.

Good Afternoon All,

A family member of mine has a judgment filed back in Sept of '08 from Palisades Collections and/or Pressler and Pressler law firm. The amount is under $800. I had him call to allow me to work with the account. So today I called in and tried to get it vacated for payment. I've recently had luck with this myself earlier this year on two old judgments. But of course, after placing me on hold for a while the rep said they can only show it as satisfied and paid in full. Which obviously doesn't do me much good.

I received the same responses to the two judgments I had vacated for myself when I called at first, so I had to visit the offices in person. It was only when visiting in person that I was able to get them to agree to have 'em vacated for payment. Now I'm planning on doing the same with this one, but just wanted to see if anyone had any helpful info.

Any good contact info for lawyers at Pressler?

Being it's five years old already, will they really garnish pay or take other action (they've recently threatened to do so)? I'd usually just tell them to wait two years 'til it dropped off, but they need the decent credit for a home purchase next year.

Any other advice?

Thanks in advance.

Previous post was epic fail. Just noticed now. Lol. Sorry. Anyhow, I have past experiences with P&P and informed by many attorneys they are the bottomfeeders of collectors. They ABSOLUTELY will garnish wages. I had it happen to me. Before I knew better, I just paid what I owed and took the satisfaction of judgement on reports. Hope that you can negotiate a PFD!

Was your friend properly served back in 2008?

This is always the relevant question with Pressler. They are currently defendants in a class action suit in New York over allegations of rampant sewer service.

Was your friend properly served back in 2008?

I'm trying to figure this out today. Actually wnt to their office Friday and didn't have any luck. Guess they're a big enough firm that when even going in person, I still couldn't see an actual lawyer. When I had luck getting two judgments vacated for myself, the firms were small enough that I could see a lawyer directly.

At Pressler some guy (guessing a regular rep) met with me in a room that was recorded. Basically equivalent to calling I imagine. Looks like they had the address correct, but they couldn't generate any proof of a certified delivery. If they didn't get a certified delivery, think there's a case there?

Other than that, today I'm heading to the court to get all the paperwork. Mainly to find iut who the actual lawyer was in hopes of then finding some direct contact info (assuming he/she is still working there).