Launching a Jack Attack on that A$$

The last post in this topic was posted 2694 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I'm getting ready to launch this good ol' jack attack on the few remaining baddies on my EQ. I was hoping someone would take a look and give it the CB stamp of approval before I do it. Here's my jack attack below:

American General Finance (908XXXX):

• This account shows a scheduled payment amount of $160. This is incorrect. Please correct or delete.

• The account number does not match any original creditor’s file that I have. Please correct or delete.

• This account shows last payment date of 05/2012 but yet the payment history shows it was charged off as of 05/2010. Please correct or delete.

• The High Credit reporting is not correct. Please correct or delete.

Apollo Group Inc./University of Phoenix (909XXXX)

• This account is reporting as an “open” account, which is false. Please correct or delete.

• This account shows date opened as 09/23/2009, but also shows date of First Delinquency as 09/2009. Please correct or delete.

• This account is listed as an unsecured loan. They have never provided me with a loan. Please correct or delete.

• The account status is showing “Charge-Off” , which means the account balance should show $0. Please correct or delete.

• Payment history shows that payments were made from 09/2009 - 05/2010 and then charged-off from 06/2010 - 11/2010, then a payment was made in 12/2010 and then the account was charged-off again from 01/2011 - 12/2011 and then more payments were made from 01/2012 - 06/2012 and then the account was charged-off from 07/2012 - 03/2013. Please correct or delete.

• This account number does not match any original creditor’s file that I have. Please correct or delete.

• The balance of $1165 is not correct. Please correct or delete.

• The date of last payment is not provided. Please correct or delete.

First Premier (51XXXX)

• This account is reporting as “revolving”. This is incorrect as the company is reporting it as “charged-off”. Please correct or delete.

• This account shows that it was transferred or sold. Please correct or delete.

• This account shows an actual payment amount of $30. This is incorrect. Please correct or delete.

• The account number does not match any original creditor’s file that I have. Please correct or delete.

• This account shows as reporting 120 days past due in 02/2009. Please correct or delete.

• Payment history shows that the account was charged off in 12/2010 but also shows payment history continuing until 08/2012. Please correct or delete.

• Payment history shows that account was transferred or sold in 10/2010 but also shows a payment made in 11/2010. Please correct or delete.

Jefferson Capital Systems (26XXXX)

• The type of loan is listed as “Factoring Company Account (debt buyer)”. It is not. It is, in fact, illegal to falsely characterize an account as a “factoring company account” (15 USC 1692e). Please correct or delete this account.

• The account number listed does not match any original creditor’s file I have. Please correct or delete.

• The type of account is listed as “Open”. This is incorrect, as this account is closed. Please correct or delete.

• The high credit is listed as $676. This is incorrect, I have never had any type of loan or agreement with this company—as they state in their comments section, they are a collection agency. Please correct or delete.

• This account is showing as an individual account. This account is a collection account as stated by this company, which is a collection agency. Please correct or delete.

• This account shows date of First Delinquency as 01/2009 but date opened as 08/04/2009. This is incorrect. Please correct or delete.

• This account shows scheduled payment amount of $35. This is incorrect. Please correct or delete.

• Date of First Major Delinquency is reported as 10/2009, but payment history does not reflect. Please correct or delete.

I know this is long but what jack attack isn't? I'd appreciate any advice given before sending this off to EQ. Thanks and of course, I will update results once sent! :D

Edited by stroked89coupe

The account number is the serial number a JDB or CA assigns to their new account. High credit reporting may be a result of interest and or fees. JDBs assign the new reporting date as the one they were assigned or bought the account. Revolving credit accounts are those that can show an unpaid monthly balance. A credit report showing transfered or sold is reporting correctly if it shows a zero balance.

Jefferson Capital was extremely easy to get rid of for me. They were reporting both " scheduled payment amount" and an "actual payment amount" on EQ. I filed a complaint through the BBB for FDCPA violation for falsely reporting payments and scheduled payments. I told them I would consider the matter resolved if they permanently deleted the alleged accounts from all credit reporting agencies and agree not to transfer/assign/sell account ever. They agreed including canceling the balance to $0. I wasn't concerned about a 1099 C because the balance was well under $600 including the junk fees they added.

Go read their BBB profile and you will see tons of complaints from people with similar situations and similar positive results.

Edited by SunnySideUp32

Jefferson Capital was extremely easy to get rid of for me. They were reporting both " scheduled payment amount" and an "actual payment amount" on EQ. I filed a complaint through the BBB for FDCPA violation for falsely reporting payment and scheduled payment. I told them I would consider the matter resolved if they permanently deleted the alleged accounts from all credit reporting agencies and agree not to transfer/assign/sell account ever. They agreed including canceling the balance to $0. I wasn't concerned about a 1099 C because the balance was well under $600 including the junk fees they added.

Go read their BBB profile and you will see tons of complaints from people with similar situations and similar positive results.

JCS is doing the same thing to me! So rather than include them in my jack attack, should I dispute through BBB? I have another post where I explained that I recently received a letter from them stating that they can't locate my info in their system. This should be fairly easy with all of this in my arsenal now, right?

The account number is the serial number a JDB or CA assigns to their new account. High credit reporting may be a result of interest and or fees. JDBs assign the new reporting date as the one they were assigned or bought the account. Revolving credit accounts are those that can show an unpaid monthly balance. A credit report showing transfered or sold is reporting correctly if it shows a zero balance.

Thank you, Sandscrit! The FP does show transferred/sold with a $0 balance and luckily, the CA assigned to this isn't reporting on my credit -- at the moment. I am just trying any and everything possible to nip it in the bud before it does.

Jefferson Capital was extremely easy to get rid of for me. They were reporting both " scheduled payment amount" and an "actual payment amount" on EQ. I filed a complaint through the BBB for FDCPA violation for falsely reporting payment and scheduled payment. I told them I would consider the matter resolved if they permanently deleted the alleged accounts from all credit reporting agencies and agree not to transfer/assign/sell account ever. They agreed including canceling the balance to $0. I wasn't concerned about a 1099 C because the balance was well under $600 including the junk fees they added.

JCS is doing the same thing to me! So rather than include them in my jack attack, should I dispute through BBB? I have another post where I explained that I recently received a letter from them stating that they can't locate my info in their system. This should be fairly easy with all of this in my arsenal now, right?
Don't include them in your jack attack now, you can always do that later if necessary. In my complaint to the BBB, I told them that JCS was reporting false payments, and I hadn't received any verification from them. I listed how they were in violation of the FDCPA § 807. False or misleading representations [15 USC 1692e] and § 808. Unfair practices [15 USC 1692f]

You will find their false payment reporting seems to be their practice by the number of people complaining about the same thing.

During the BBB complaint, if they tell you they can't find the info in their system, you will be able to upload a copy of the listings they are reporting (not the entire file, just their listing). I didn't have that issue though.

Anyway, JCS deleted in less than three weeks later from all bureaus and haven't heard from them since.

I just spoke to Shirley Smith of Jefferson Capital's consumer relations staff and told her that I was faxing over proof of the incorrect information to her (nothing more, nothing less). I told her that I wanted it deleted from my reports immediately and that I would also be following up with a BBB complaint for their unsavory business practices. She seemed to become upset that I stated this and practically begged me not to file the BBB complaint -- that she would personally look at my information and get it taken care of ASAP. I am reluctant to trust this and am tempted to go ahead and file the complaint anyway since they have been a thorn in my side for a very long time now.

I just spoke to Shirley Smith of Jefferson Capital's consumer relations staff and told her that I was faxing over proof of the incorrect information to her (nothing more, nothing less). I told her that I wanted it deleted from my reports immediately and that I would also be following up with a BBB complaint for their unsavory business practices. She seemed to become upset that I stated this and practically begged me not to file the BBB complaint -- that she would personally look at my information and get it taken care of ASAP. I am reluctant to trust this and am tempted to go ahead and file the complaint anyway since they have been a thorn in my side for a very long time now.

IMO, you really should have just filed the complaint and not given them the heads up because they can correct the info and you might lose your leverage. Unless she has already faxed you over a deletion, you should submit the complaint. I've never known of a JDB or CA I could trust.

They care about their BBB accredited A+ rating so when you have a legitimate complaint, they are quick to respond. I know you want to get this done quickly but it is better to take the longer route at times for a more permanent result. For example: if they try to park on my credit report again or transfer the accounts, I not only have a record of our agreement but I also have a big organization (BBB) to back up my records with their records as mediator.

IMO, you really should have just filed the complaint and not given them the heads up because they can correct the info and you might lose your leverage. Unless she has already faxed you over a deletion, you should submit the complaint. I've never known of a JDB or CA I could trust.

They care about their BBB accredited A+ rating so when you have a legitimate complaint, they are quick to respond. I know you want to get this done quickly but it is better to take the longer route at times for a more permanent result. For example: if they try to park on my credit report again or transfer the accounts, I not only have a record of our agreement but I also have a big organization (BBB) to back up my records with their records as mediator.

:good:

• The account status is showing “Charge-Off” , which means the account balance should show $0. Please correct or delete.

Charging off an account does not mean they need to update to a $0 balance. Only when sold or transferred.

I thought this was the idea of the jack attack, to create confusion...

Charging off an account does not mean they need to update to a $0 balance. Only when sold or transferred.

I thought this was the idea of the jack attack, to create confusion...

It can also flag a consumer for sending frivilous dispute.

UPDATE!! Jefferson Capital has agreed to delete the tradeline...that fast!! :yahoo::yahoo:

I sent my complaint off that night (11/5) and it read as follows:

Filed by :

Lakegro
Filed against :
Jefferson Capital Systems, LLC
Complaint:
Jefferson Capital Systems has reported to my Equifax credit bureau incorrectly but has failed to validate the debt that I supposedly incurred. I sent them a letter asking them to prove that I owe them money and they replied with a letter asking me to provide them with more information because they could not find me in their system, which they should have been able to do. In addition, they have violated the FDCPA for falsely reporting payments and scheduled payments, however I have yet to receive any verification or validation from them. This is a direct violation of FDCPA §807 False or misleading representations 15 USC 1692e and FDCPA § 808 Unfair practices 15 USC 1692f.

Your Desired Resolution:
I want Jefferson Capital Systems to completely delete all negative information regarding this account from all three credit bureaus. I would also like for them to cease all communication efforts with me.

Their answer sent back today (11/7):

We acknowledge receipt of your correspondence on behalf of Ms. Grooms concerning the account referenced above. We received a communication from Lakegro on October 30, 2013 and responded on October 31st advising additional information we needed to locate the account. On November 5th, Lakegro called and advised she was faxing the information and was informed we would reply after researching our records. Our findings show Jefferson Capital Systems, LLC, acquired the Salute Visa Gold card account and balance of $XXX.XX in September 2009. Based on her stated dispute and to resolve the matter, we have closed our file and terminated collection efforts. We are also notifying the credit bureaus to delete our trade line from her credit bureau file. She should allow the credit bureaus 30 days to update their records.

We appreciate the opportunity to resolve the matter.

Sincerely,

S. Smith

Consumer Relations Staff

On behalf of Jefferson Capital Systems, LLC

I promise this would not have happened without the guidance of you guys, particularly SunnySideUp32 and Sandscrit! If it wasn't for you, I would have went ahead and sent the letter to EQ and wouldn't have a resolution so quickly. As always, I am so grateful to you all for your advice...I can't wait to see how this deletion affects my scores! :good:Hopefully, this information is helpful to someone else!

Congrats!!

Glad to see some people having some success on here with the jack attack!!

Quick question, u dv'd with the ca,then followed with a jack attack to the cra?? That sound right??

Yes, I dv'd with the CA regarding U of PHX and First Premier. I didn't get a response back from First Premier but rather received a letter from a CA several weeks later requesting that I pay the debt. However, they haven't shown up on my credit reports yet but I went ahead and sent them a DV too (no answer from them yet, either). I haven't heard a response from U of PHX yet either AND I haven't received the green card stating that they've received my DV...and this was sent over 2 weeks ago. Go figure. The AmGen is a paid charge off that I initially asked to be removed via GW and was denied. I just want these off so I am jack attacking them in hopes that they will get sick of me asking and delete.

However, I have read where some people just jack attack without DV'ing first because they didn't want to give the creditor a heads up. I suppose it's a YMMV thing. I am sure the experts will weigh in shortly with more advice.

• 3 weeks later...

The account number does not match any original creditor’s file that I have. Please correct or delete

this is apt to get a fraud alert and a request for an ID theft affidavit.

good going with the JDB.

It also screams that you have records that you are not providing to support the dispute.

• Admin

The consumer is under no obligation to provide documents or records to prove their dispute is founded in facts. The entity that is reporting has an obligation to report correct information. Personally, I don't think consumers should give info when it helps a CA or CRA to stick something to their file like crazy glue, since the CRA's and CA'ss do nto trust our information when it helps us. Maybe this is just a personal preference, but when I read the FCRA it didn't say anything about me helping them report correctly, it just says they have to report correctly or remove it.

The last post in this topic was posted 2694 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.