Sign in to follow this  
cv91915

OMG Do I Hate Discover

Preemptive post. We are at a nursery buying vegetable plants for the garden.

Will this code as a home improvement store?

Home Improvement Stores are defined as home improvement retail stores, lumber/building material stores, paint/wallpaper stores, hardware stores and lawn and garden supply centers. Certain Wholesale Club services, such as travel and cell phone purchases may not be eligible in this category. Purchases made using third-party payment accounts, tap-and-pay, mobile or wireless card readers, virtual wallets or similar technology may not be eligible.

Ding ding.

It felt weird taking the card out of the house. I'm warming it up to go on a trip.

It is sad when someone considers going to Home Depot a "trip",,,,but for some people that is all they have to look forward to

Preemptive post. We are at a nursery buying vegetable plants for the garden.

Will this code as a home improvement store?

Home Improvement Stores are defined as home improvement retail stores, lumber/building material stores, paint/wallpaper stores, hardware stores and lawn and garden supply centers. Certain Wholesale Club services, such as travel and cell phone purchases may not be eligible in this category. Purchases made using third-party payment accounts, tap-and-pay, mobile or wireless card readers, virtual wallets or similar technology may not be eligible.

Ding ding.

It felt weird taking the card out of the house. I'm warming it up to go on a trip.

It is sad when someone considers going to Home Depot a "trip",,,,but for some people that is all they have to look forward to

85cefaa10f686352e2b2890df9e8628d.jpg

this is not a formal setting,,,,,,,you can use whatever punctuation you want,,,,,if it bothers you,,oh well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I just tried to access www.discover.com from my hotel in The Netherlands, where I told Discovery I would be on this date.

I got a security alert via email that someone tried to access my account from outside the US. :lol:

I just tried to access www.discover.com from my hotel in The Netherlands, where I told Discovery I would be on this date.

I got a security alert via email that someone tried to access my account from outside the US. :lol:

I've logged into my account two more times today, once in Belgium and once in France.

Every single time I log in I have to go through an additional authentication process (receive a unique code via email end enter it into Discovery's site), despite having already previously indicating that Discovery should remember my personal device.

I haven't needed to do this with Bank of America, American Express, Barclaycard, US Bank or Wells Fargo, the only other financial sites I've accessed since I left the US.

Hey, at least Disco offers email as a 2-step option. I have a couple banks that require texts, which works awesome when I am out of the country and have my US mobile powered off.

Hey, at least Disco offers email as a 2-step option. I have a couple banks that require texts, which works awesome when I am out of the country and have my US mobile powered off.

True. I have a temporary SIM/number just for this trip, and I'm not turning on my employer-issued mobile phone while I'm in Europe.

With that said, somehow Wells Fargo, Bank of America, USAA, US Bank and American Express have more intelligent/friendly security protocols that have adjusted to my international travel without imposing new burdens on me.

I would like to remind everyone that any "additional security" benefits the card issuer, who is on the hook for unauthorized charges. Discover outsourced a chunk of their burden to me.

What time is it in the Neverlands?

Same as France, where I am now. It's about 7:30 a.m.

I was just paying for tickets to the Louvre with my Aviator MasterCard.

IMG_0520_zpspe3du96w.jpeg

Just for fun, I checked the Museum of Natural History in London and they also do not accept Discover. What a surprise! :lol:

Just for fun, I checked the Museum of Natural History in London and they also do not accept Discover. What a surprise! :lol:

63594749.jpg

Three?

Ménage à trois?

Edited by PotO

Three?

Ménage à trois?

Kat is joining in with CV & TD to do naughty things with their Discover cards...

Three?

Ménage à trois?

Kat is joining in with CV & TD to do naughty things with their Discover cards...

I've always wondered if Puddy Kat ever followed Mendey's advice to stick her Disco card somewhere.