cv91915

OMG Do I Hate Discover

13 hours ago, cv91915 said:

EOqZAO7.jpg

I just called this number to find out how long my new account will be subject to extended holds on funds transferred in via ACH from the same bank accounts I've been using to pay my Discovery credit card bill for six years.

I got voicemail.  :rofl: 

I just found this inside another envelope that Discovery mailed to wrong address.

1HP0W0E.png

Posted (edited)

Oh this adventure is going to bring me an immeasurable amount of enjoyment, I know it.  It like watching a joke pay off after a long setup.

Wait until it takes 27 voicemails (since obviously they aren't available 24/7) to get your double cash back for this year, or they start screwing up the cashback math like they do on their credit card.

I think Barclay's and Discover should merge...it might cause you to spontaneously self-combust.

Edited by CTSoxFan

10 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I just called this number to find out how long my new account will be subject to extended holds on funds transferred in via ACH from the same bank accounts I've been using to pay my Discovery credit card bill for six years.

But it was 100% U.S.-based voicemail!

29 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

cRKndVh.png

Finally got an agent.  Took 21 minutes from the time I initiated the chat until I got the answer to my yes/no question.

Four business days is standard hold time for an ACH.  It's going to be like this forever.  :lol: 

It’s like there’s someone monitoring your account just so they can screw with you. 

I’ve had no issues with my card. And the couple times I’ve called customer service they answered quickly and were very friendly. 

Not that I like or value the card. I just use it for the 5% back quarterly. I have no problem taking $25 of their money each month. 

Edited by DPB

1 hour ago, DPB said:

It’s like there’s someone monitoring your account just so they can screw with you.

:ph34r:

25 minutes ago, Kat58 said:

:ph34r:

I've no doubt now that the various issuers have a back-channel communication medium in which "messing with cv" has become a topic of sport ...

Edited by hdporter

6 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I couldn't even make this up.  :lol:  

r5K1PEk.png

When you call, you should ask if they offer "Frozen Account Protection."

On 7/7/2019 at 6:24 AM, cv91915 said:

It doesn't get more 'merican than that ;)

On 7/7/2019 at 7:44 AM, CTSoxFan said:

Oh this adventure is going to bring me an immeasurable amount of enjoyment, I know it.  It like watching a joke pay off after a long setup.

It took less than a week.  Must be my lucky week.

On 7/11/2019 at 12:29 PM, cv91915 said:

I couldn't even make this up.  :lol:  

r5K1PEk.png

Quick summary of transactional activity to date.  

- Four ACH transfers INTO the account from two external checking accounts that I've been using to pay my Discovery bill for the past six years.

- Trial deposits/withdrawal from linking one of the accounts described above.

- Lease payment on my car, paid with the debit card, in exactly the same amount as the single largest ACH transfer into the account.

1 hour ago, CreditChica2020 said:

Just got approved for a Discover It Cash Back last night. I'm going to just hope I don't have any of these issues lol. 

Congratulations!!! :wave:

2 hours ago, CreditChica2020 said:

Just got approved for a Discover It Cash Back last night. I'm going to just hope I don't have any of these issues lol. 

you have my condolences :lol:

37 minutes ago, hegemony said:

you have my condolences :lol:

Ha ha ha! Hopefully I won't have too bad of any issues. I really just applied to see if I could be approved and intend to only use it as a stepping stone card till I get to the cash back cards that I actually want. 

5 hours ago, CreditChica2020 said:

It's only 14 pages of issues in 6 years.  :lol:  

This is also required reading: