Sign in to follow this  
cv91915

OMG Do I Hate Discover

What time is it in the Neverlands?

Same as France, where I am now. It's about 7:30 a.m.

I was just paying for tickets to the Louvre with my Aviator MasterCard.

IMG_0520_zpspe3du96w.jpeg

Three?

Ménage à trois?

Kat is joining in with CV & TD to do naughty things with their Discover cards...

I've always wondered if Puddy Kat ever followed Mendey's advice to stick her Disco card somewhere.

It's not accepted there either. :angel:

What time is it in the Neverlands?

Same as France, where I am now. It's about 7:30 a.m.

I was just paying for tickets to the Louvre with my Aviator MasterCard.

IMG_0520_zpspe3du96w.jpeg

Three?

Ménage à trois?

Kat is joining in with CV & TD to do naughty things with their Discover cards...

I've always wondered if Puddy Kat ever followed Mendey's advice to stick her Disco card somewhere.

It's not accepted there either. :angel:

Maybe too crowded in there.

I recently replaced my generic Discovery IT card with a new card with the festive gay design, and today I took the new card to Homo Depot to use it in person for the first time (5 gay percent back at home improvement stores this quarter, and I needed a new garbage disposal).

The chip doesn't work. :lol:

I've noticed most parking meters with CC payment capabilities DO NOT ACCEPT Disco.

That one is easy. Those who predominantly use Disco don't park. They ride the bus.

Or carpool with their Yugo.

Edited by PotO

I've noticed most parking meters with CC payment capabilities DO NOT ACCEPT Disco.

That one is easy. Those who predominantly use Disco don't park. They ride the bus.

That makes total sense. And then they go to Walmart and buy snacks and get that no fee $20 cash advance.

Edited by Konrad2012

That makes total sense. And then they go to Walmart and buy snacks and get that no fee $20 cash advance.

Don't forget the Boone's Farm! They can't buy Apple Dapple with their EBT card.

Don't forget the Boone's Farm! They can't buy Apple Dapple with their EBT card.

:rofl: at both of you.

Where is Puddy Kat?

It ain't no fun if she's not here to wind up.

Where is Puddy Kat?

She's been MIA since the debacle form the other morning. Hopefully she's okay and we can continue MILD banter.

Where is Puddy Kat?

She's been MIA since the debacle form the other morning. Hopefully she's okay and we can continue MILD banter.

Maybe she's busy with the painters. Hope she comes back soon.

Where is Puddy Kat?

There will be no winding up of anyone, lest you will find yourself taking a few days off, not by choice. Marv was CRYSTAL CLEAR on this.

I spent $300 on Costco.com in April after confirming with Discovery via chat that Costco.com counts for the 5% warehouse club category.

I also spent ~$60 in the same statement cycle at Home Depot and Menards (home improvement stores are also 5% this quarter).

Did I receive ~$360 x 5% = ~$18 in rewards on this statement?

NO.

They credited less than $6.

Looks like I got 1% for the Costco.com purchase. :clapping:

I spent $300 on Costco.com in April after confirming with Discovery via chat that Costco.com counts for the 5% warehouse club category.

I also spent ~$60 in the same statement cycle at Home Depot and Menards (home improvement stores are also 5% this quarter).

Did I receive ~$360 x 5% = ~$18 in rewards on this statement?

NO.

They credited less than $6.

Looks like I got 1% for the Costco.com purchase. :clapping:

Correction: I confirmed this via secure message, not via chat.

Here is the relevant excerpt from the response from the 100% US-BASED CUSTOMER SERVICE rep:

"Thank you for your message regarding your Discover account. I understand wanting to make sure your rewards are applied, and I am happy to assist you today!

Costco does classify themselves as a wholesale store.. Purchases online will also be included in the 5% back.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns about your account.

I appreciate your business and the time you have taken to contact me today. Thank you for choosing to use Discover Card since 2013!"

Edited by cv91915

I assume you kept a copy of the chat? If so they will credit...although as we have said numerous times, it shouldn't need a call for them to get it correct.

I assume you kept a copy of the chat? If so they will credit...although as we have said numerous times, it shouldn't need a call for them to get it correct.

I just found that in my secure messages. I'm going to reply and ask for an adjustment, but

G

O

O

D

L

O

R

D.

As much as I love balancing a check book...I'm glad I don't have to do it for all of my rewards earnings as well (outside a certain issuer, apparently).

Good luck with the adjustment.

I just found that in my secure messages. I'm going to reply and ask for an adjustment, but

G

O

O

D

L

O

R

D.

I just went back through my Discovery spending for 2017 (it didn't take long).

This total miss on Discovery's part represents a failure of 33% of my 5% category transactions for the year, and the specific transaction that they f'd up represents 83% of my 5% category spending for the year.

The only people who still believe that Discovery reliably and correctly pays rewards are those who never check.

This card is a pathetic joke.

Today's gem:

I was going to try to use Discovery Deals for 5% back on an iPad at W****t.com, so I just logged into my Discovery account and clicked through to the merchant's web site.

When I tried to check out at the merchant I selected from Discovery Deals my charge was flagged by Discovery as fraudulent and declined. :rofl:

Today's gem:

I was going to try to use Discovery Deals for 5% back on an iPad at W****t.com, so I just logged into my Discovery account and clicked through to the merchant's web site.

When I tried to check out at the merchant I selected from Discovery Deals my charge was flagged by Discovery as fraudulent and declined. :rofl:

apropos

Today's gem:

That's amazing. (they've read your posts on here about wally world shopping)

Today's gem:

That's amazing. (they've read your posts on here about wally world shopping)

It's now been almost 20 minutes since I replied to their text message attempting to confirm the transaction as legitimate, and their system still hasn't responded.

I paid with a different card rather than grow old waiting for them to allow me to spend < $800 on my $52,000 in available credit at a merchant where I told them I'd be shopping.

Today's gem:

Were you shipping it to your permanent house or mudland? I can see a flag if you never buy expensive items at WM, and are now shipping it to an address 2000 miles from your billing address. Especially because WM is a typical location scammers try to utilize.

Just another reason not to shop at WM!

Edited by CTSoxFan

Today's gem:

Were you shipping it to your permanent house or mudland? I can see a flag if you never buy expensive items at WM, and are now shipping it to an address 2000 miles from your billing address. Especially because WM is a typical location scammers try to utilize.

Just another reason not to shop at WM!

Mudland Manor was both the billing and shipping address. :lol: