Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

HOLY COW, USAA just made my weekend (out of the Blue)

The last post in this topic was posted 2616 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Back in 2010 I applied for USAA AMEX Cash rewards card and sadly wasn't approved for that but they did offer me a USAA Classic Credit the with a limit of $1500. Fast forward 1 year and I call in for a Credit Limit increase and was told that THIS particular card was not available to receive a CLI and would NEVER be given a CLI.

I then applied for the AMEX Cash Rewards card again and thankfully I was approved this time. I just sock drawered the Visa only using it every 6 months for gas.

Last week they sent my replacement cards for the VISA and I seriously was considering canceling it. Haven't even activated the cards yet when I got a letter from USAA yesterday.

In NUT SHELL they said, CONGRATS, based on your excellent payment history USAA is pleased to upgrade your card ending in XXXX to the following features:

• No annual fee (didn't have one to begin with)
  • USAA Cash Rewards program (That was new)
  • Low variable Annual Percentage Rate of 12.900% (I like it, I like it a lot)
  • Ability to make Cash Advances and Balance Transfers with your account (That's new)
  • You have a USAA checking account, you can use your card for overdraft protection (new)
  • We've increased your credit limit from $1,500.00 to $14,000 (Holy Cow, I'm speehless)

Your account number is the same, This upgrade doesn't require that you activate a new card, so go ahead, take advantage of these great features and your new credit limit today!

So, that was all out of the blue and totally unexpected. I NEVER thought they would upgrade this card because as you know when you get a secured credit card wtih them it will NEVER be upgraded. Wife has had one for 4 years and her scores are higher than mine and I just made the 800 club last week and they've NEVER upgraded her card.

Of course we KNEW this when she got the secured card. I just figured they would not upgrade this one. for those of you out there that apply for a product and they offer yo a lessor one, "TAKE IT".

Congrats

"Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens" - K.G.

Thank you, thank you very, very much :)

What I love about it is that it was totally out of the blue. I do my very best to not carry any balances (never even had one on this card before) but it is nice that the APR is no longer 19.90 % APR.

The 2 cards that I am carrying a balance on are all at 0% from BT's so I'm not sweating that at all.

I just wish USAA would had out the love to everyone. Not a fan of Full members over partial members at all.

Anyway, thanks guys:)

The last post in this topic was posted 2616 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By MarvBear
      http://www.autodealermonthly.com/channel/dps-office/news/story/2018/10/edmunds-auto-loan-interest-rates-climb-back-to-pre-recession-levels.aspx?utm_source=email&utm_medium=enewsletter&utm_campaign=20181006-NL-ADT-Enews-BOBCD180930003&omdt=NL-ADT-Enews&omid=1000693576&ajs_uid=7122G8705801J8B&oly_enc_id=7122G8705801J8B&ajs_trait_oebid=3671F9146356B0M

No Paywall.  Auto finance/purchase related.
    • By MarvBear
      http://www.autodealermonthly.com/channel/dps-office/news/story/2018/09/fed-reserve-approves-third-rate-hike-of-2018.aspx?utm_source=email&utm_medium=enewsletter&utm_campaign=20181006-NL-ADT-Enews-BOBCD180930003&omdt=NL-ADT-Enews&omid=1000693576&ajs_uid=7122G8705801J8B&oly_enc_id=7122G8705801J8B&ajs_trait_oebid=3671F9146356B0M

No paywall.  Automobile purchase/finance related.
    • By CoverDrive
      http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2330942

There is a .pdf file to download. Lots of interesting info. The abstract is below.

Abstract:
      We analyze the effectiveness of consumer financial regulation by considering the 2009 Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure (CARD) Act. We use a panel data set covering 160 million credit card accounts and a difference-in-differences research design that compares changes in outcomes over time for consumer credit cards, which were subject to the regulations, to changes for small business credit cards, which the law did not cover. We estimate that regulatory limits on credit card fees reduced overall borrowing costs by an annualized 1.6% of average daily balances, with a decline of more than 5.3% for consumers with FICO scores below 660. We find no evidence of an offsetting increase in interest charges or a reduction in the volume of credit. Taken together, we estimate that the CARD Act saved consumers $11.9 billion per year. We also analyze a nudge that disclosed the interest savings from paying off balances in 36 months rather than making minimum payments. We detect a small increase in the share of accounts making the 36-month payment value but no evidence of a change in overall payments.
    • By mistborn
      Hi guys,

My mother and I have the same first name and last name. I checked my EQ CR and there is a negative account on the report for Verizon. It says in comments " Collection Account, Account closed by credit grantor" There is no collection agency listed on the EQ CR. Now, I don't remember signing up for Verizon and this could be my mothers'. How do I go about disputing this? Should I send a validation letter to Verizon or to EQ telling them that account is not mine?
    • By mistborn
      Hi Guys,

I pulled my Experian credit report and I saw that a law office has been pulling my credit once a year for the past two years. It's to collect a debt I owe from 2009/2010. How can I stop them from doing this? Is there a way I can find out how much time is left on the SOL on the debt? Also, when I got this debt, I was not a legal resident in the United States but I am now.Can this help in making the validity of this debt slightly illegal? Does this change anything? I also pulled my Equifax credit report but it does not have this information on it. Is this normal?

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Mike99
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines