Sign in to follow this  
pjrdn

O'reilly pulled personal credit w/o social on app!

Hi all,

I've been learning from this thread for awhile and run a stable repair business. I applied to O'reilly's about a week ago w/o including my ssn. I discovered today via an alert from Equifax that O'reilly pulled a personal credit report even though I didn't put my ssn on the application. How is this possible? I was 100% sure I didn't provide them with this as I scanned the app to my pc to send through online fax. I checked the app I sent (although I was sure I didn'tto see if I put my ssn and sure enough it wasn't there. So I'm just letting you guys know that they may be pulling you and you may not know it. I am can't for the life of me figure out how they obtained it.

SSN isn't required to pull credit. Only certain data points have to match. I'm sure some veterans can point you to the right discussions of this topic - it hasn't come up for a while.

As Breeze said they don't need your social to pull your credit.. Your name and address is enough in most cases but a date of birth and social do help. If there is a section on a app asking for a PG always put a X though it. But some apps have it written in the general legal of the app that they may pull personal credit.

Yes, I supplied dob. I didn't know I shouldn't. I figured that I was at least supposed to supply some information as to not raise red flags so to speak. Learn something new everyday

Yes, I supplied dob. I didn't know I shouldn't. I figured that I was at least supposed to supply some information as to not raise red flags so to speak. Learn something new everyday

Yeah not a big deal. Live and learn. :)