Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Citi STILL has no word on my dispute! BBRZ

The last post in this topic was posted 2547 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

With the fraudulent charges from Capital One days, in June. I log into my account and I see no changes. Called them two weeks ago, they said "just wait" (basically.) Capital One sent me new card, Citi re-issued me a new account number (again)....

What is happening there????????

Are they maybe just waiting the full one month, or three months like it was in 2008 with Rushcard and then on Day 91 all the charges get reversed and I receive the credits, and I am "back on track" on my credit repair??? Should I call them again??

Again.. WHAT are they doing??

They are the only ones who can answer whats going on. Your best bet is to call them and see what they say. Escalate to a supervisor if you have to.

They are the only ones who can answer whats going on. Your best bet is to call them and see what they say. Escalate to a supervisor if you have to.

I think I may. I had a similar experience with Rushcard in 2008.. I honestly have no idea what is going on.

They keep telling me to 'wait" and assure me they are reviewing it.......

I think they have issue with the signature,s because my card was signed so whoever did it had copied it pretty well.

If I were you, I'd be also filing a dispute based on the FCBA. Must be done within 90 days of discovering the error or fraud.

Well, I just got off the phone with them and they say they resolved it in my favor... and that they mailed a letter...

So. Either they were lying, or, it is working its way through....................................

They say they resolved it on October 3rd or 4th.

I will end up LOVING Citi! I know it! :)

And can i add an AU to Citi?

Am waiting on that letter, to know for sure.

Account summary makes no sense...

Did the letter ever come Joseph?

Yes, it did! But it was vague and online still has not updated as to what they did........

Congrats. Glad you finally got it taken cared of. It paid that you didn't give up. Hopefully it will update on line. But you know how these companies are <_< But you're probably golden. Hope things are going better for you now.

Congrats. Glad you finally got it taken cared of. It paid that you didn't give up. Hopefully it will update on line. But you know how these companies are <_< But you're probably golden. Hope things are going better for you now.

Well. Turns out they only credited SOME of it.... $54??

My balance is still $1208?

The fight continues!

Off to fill out my fraud packet...

To Whom it May Concern at Citi Fraud Department:
Good morning. It is now my third, possibly fourth time writing Citi about this fraud incident that occured between June 3rd and June 7th, 2013 - and June 7th was my birthday. I say again, that I did not make any of the charges from Philadelphia, PA from June 3rd to June 7th, nor did I make any of the charges to Germantown Cab Company. The billing and credits of these have become very garbled from the Capital One to Citi transition, and I feel was not handled properly.
Enclosed is my re-submission of 7 pages, including a previous letter, police report (again,) statement showing disputed charges, all that I have left (again,) and a photocopy of my ID and signatures. Again, as to what happened: I lost my card in Bayonne NJ sometime the first few days of June, and I had a signed car,d so whoever had it has copied my signature from it. I did no thave the card in my possession and this may have been a sticking point from earlier investigations.
Please credit the ~$500 or so of fraudulent charges that have occured. May even be more than that. Sincerely, - Joseph C

Yesterday, for the first time in this ordeal, I filled out ANY type of "Fraud packet" from Citi, and sent it back in.

Feeling more hopeful this time.

My balance is not the $1208...

Citi has always been very protective of it's consumers when it comes to ID theft etc. Many years ago, I had multiple cards with them. Someone, tried to apply for several new cards in my name but didn't have all of my info correct. Citi contacted me immediately and sent me their ID theft packet with affidavit to fill out. They were all over it and really wouldn't leave me alone. Overly protective. I believe in the end, they will do the right thing and find you not responsible.

Citi has always been very protective of it's consumers when it comes to ID theft etc. Many years ago, I had multiple cards with them. Someone, tried to apply for several new cards in my name but didn't have all of my info correct. Citi contacted me immediately and sent me their ID theft packet with affidavit to fill out. They were all over it and really wouldn't leave me alone. Overly protective. I believe in the end, they will do the right thing and find you not responsible.

They say they are reinvestigating again, and a rep said "If I was looking at this dispute, I would wait for the tickets to come back.." -- What are "tickets?"

They also said that there are a lot of "notes" on my account.

They say they are reinvestigating again, and a rep said "If I was looking at this dispute, I would wait for the tickets to come back.." -- What are "tickets?"

They also said that there are a lot of "notes" on my account.

AND.. the previous rep, when I explained how Capital One just kind of "stuck on" all the disputed fraud charges to my account just before the changeover.. said: "Yeah, C1 did that to a lot of accounts. And there isn't any follow-up or way to verify, they just did so..."

Subject: Re: My fraudulent charges
Date: September 19, 2013 8:02 EST

Dear Joseph C,

We have received your police report. Thank you for sending that in. These disputed sales were previously worked by Capital One and now your Best Buy account is handled by Citi bank. Please allow us more time to complete our investigation. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have and the situation you are in. We are here to help you.

Thank you for your business.

^^ Who else thinks what will happen next?

bump

Does anyone else feel that I will get justice this time?

bump

?

Projected outcome?

Seems like they will take a long time again...

The last post in this topic was posted 2547 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.