Sign in to follow this  
CreditEmpire

Pen Fed loves me again...

Zeroed out my debt a few months back and my scores skyrocketed as a result. Figured it was time to REFI my truck

loan and PenFed hooked me up with an instant approval 1.99% 60 month loan. I then asked them if they can boost

the limit on my $17,500 Visa with the same inquiry and they said "no problem!". After a couple days of "pending"

status it turned to "approved" for limit of $25,000! I finally figured them out. If you have any CC debt showing they

treat you like an unwanted red-headed stepchild. No CC debt, you become their cherished son. I also hit up Andrews

and got the 3rd degree for pay-stubs, probing questions, etc. Hope I get at least $10K out of them for all the hoops.

Sweet! Don't think it's as simple as no cc debt with PenFed though it can be a deal breaker fo' sure.

Edited by virtualtreasure

Got the word back from Andrews FCU. Approved for a wimpy $5000 limit. I will take it though in the hopes they bump me up later down the road.

Pretty good run so far. I wonder where to pull the trigger next...