ShopDiscover Experience

cv91915

The last post in this topic was posted 3804 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

This card (It) is definitely on my regret list.

On 8/23 through Shop Discover I bought a new wallet from Tumi, so I could get 5% back.

The cash back hasn't posted yet. It seems like a lot of work to keep checking for $2.75.

Are they slow in paying, or are they just unreliable? This was my first experience with their shopping portal.

When I buy through AAdvantageeshopping.com the miles post in a week or less.

Last time I was on the phone with them I asked about this because mine wasn't posting either and I was told it would post when the statement cut.

Thanks.

The transaction was pending prior to my 8/20 statement, so I pushed a payment for the amount of the purchase but the charge didn't post. My 8/20 statement closed with a credit balance as a result (this was the only time I used the card for the month).

The item shipped a couple of days later and the charge posted, so my 9/20 statement closed with a $0 balance (this was also the only time the card was used during this billing cycle, so there was only the one purchase for the exact amount of the credit balance from the prior statement).

I haven't gotten credit for the 5% cash back, technically two statements after the purchase was made, but certainly one statement after it posted.

I really hate Discover.

Your experience is almost exactly opposite what mine has been using SD. I only have had an issue once, and it was because the purchase was a day before my statement cut, otherwise it is always in the next statement. I use it quite frequently, and much prefer it to Chase's UR, where half the time I don't even get the bonus points.

Your experience is almost exactly opposite what mine has been using SD. I only have had an issue once, and it was because the purchase was a day before my statement cut, otherwise it is always in the next statement. I use it quite frequently, and much prefer it to Chase's UR, where half the time I don't even get the bonus points.

Interesting.

Well, my success rate is 99%+ with AAdvantage eshopping. The only time I filed a "claim" for research it turned out that my purchase didn't qualify, and the reason was clearly stated on their site before I even placed the order. They gave me the credit anyway as a one-time courtesy.

I think I'll go back to AAdvantage whenever possible, instead of getting greedy on a single transaction where SD pays a little more.

Edited by cv91915

The last post in this topic was posted 3804 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.