Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

The Master How to Sign up for USAA CreditCheck Monitoring Premium (CCMP) Thread

The last post in this topic was posted 2027 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

This is for non-members.
Members, just login and add CCMP to your services.

For non-members:
Go to
www.usaa.com
URL will be
https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_logon/Logon?redirectjsp=true

Click on Our Products dropdown,
Choose Credit Monitoring & ID Protection
Scroll down to “Sign Up Today” and click on

In the Not a member? Box, choose Get Started
Answer No to “Are you already a USAA member?”
If you get eligibility checkboxes, start over again

If you get the “Tell us about your military affiliation” checkboxes,
And you answer no,
You’ll get the “Sorry, we can’t open this account for you” message.
If you get that message, you were trying to sign up for something other than CCMP.

You should now get the eligibility form:
https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_membereligibility/CpModularPersonalInfo?action=executeTask&target=ModularPersonalInfoTask&operationName=INIT

Complete it and you should be able to access CCMP

I have tried twice to join. Followed your steps as written. When I get to "Not a Member" and choose Get Started and answer No, I get a form to establish eligibility and I start over and still can't seem to join.

Try clearing ALL your cache, history & cookies,

or use a different browser.

You need to start with a clean slate of ONLY applying for CCMP.

Other option is to have someone who has a USAA login,

That might leave a cookie that marks the machine as "acceptable"

And any discounts you got for daily pull service :blush:

Call up and speak to a rep for the monitoring service and you should be able to get the Unlimited for $16 a month.

AFAIK anyone can join USAA, don't have to be affiliated with military.

That has changed recently for banking products it seems. USAA has been sending letters indicating that "USAA Federal Savings Bank products are now available only to veterans, those currently serving in the military, and their eligible family members". I haven't received one as I'm a full member so I can't verify the contents of the letter but there are plenty of threads on multiple sites on this matter that can be referenced. Existing account holders appear to be grandfathered.

Edited by takeshi

AFAIK anyone can join USAA, don't have to be affiliated with military.

That has changed recently for banking products it seems. USAA has been sending letters indicating that "USAA Federal Savings Bank products are now available only to veterans, those currently serving in the military, and their eligible family members". I haven't received one as I'm a full member so I can't verify the contents of the letter but there are plenty of threads on multiple sites on this matter that can be referenced. Existing account holders appear to be grandfathered.

I can. :wave:

ScreenShot2013-10-10at64348AM_zps194ec47

The last post in this topic was posted 2027 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Aahz
      So, when I signed up for MyFICO recently I didn't actually read , so didn't realize I'd only be getting one 3-in-1 report per year. Not acceptable, but totally on me

So, I poke around CB per usual when I have a credit related question and eventually stumble across BW's Master How to Sign up for USAA CreditCheck Monitoring Premium (CCMP) Thread. Cool.

I follow along his steps and, after entering my SSN the site returns a message asking me to confirm that I am [NAME REDACTED]. Now here's the "funny" part - the name they showed was my birth name, which I haven't used (and hasn't been on my Social Security card, credit reports or ANYthing else) in over two decades!

Clearly, I think, they're connecting to some bizarre, totally outdated database. But I soldier on (so to speak), confirming that I am, indeed this person and managed to get signed up.

After checking out my reports and learning my way around the CCMP site I return to the USAA site and notice that I actually entered my address wrong. So, I go to change it and, after entering the correct info and clicking next, the site informs me that it can't change info for MY MOTHER because we live at a different addresses. Now, I haven't spoken to my mother almost a decade and I certainly didn't enter her name anywhere at USAA or CCMP, (other than her maiden name as requested, but the name they posted back to me was her (third) married name) so I'm compleely flumoxed.

I poke around a little more and it seems I not only signed up for CCMP, but also managed to join USAA, which I thought was impossible for me. My father was in the Air Force and the Navy, but I haven't spoken him since the day I graduated from high school in 1987, so I would have no idea any of his relevant required info. My maternal grandfather was also in the Navy, but he died over 20 years ago, so again, I have no access to his info.

Yet, alas, I've somehow not only (literally) stumbled into USAA membership, but my account has somehow been created under a name that is no longer legally mine and been connected to my estranged mother's account.

DO things get any more bizarre?
    • By Quietman
      Well, one more step for the DW. Approved for $16K on their Rate Advantage Platinum MasterCard, HP on EQ.

Her Scores:

Exp : 789
      TU : 798
      Eq : 806

Over the last twelve days, she's scored:

AMEX EDC - $9,400 to $28,200
      NFCU Flagship - $10,000
      NASA Visa - $13,000
      BECU - $25,000
      BOA - $8,200 > $16,400
      USAA - $16,000

For a total of $91,000 in new credit!

I think this evening she'll apply for a second NFCU and a Citi card, then off to the garden!

• By I don't even...
      Has any one else noticed CCMP's questionable math? I get that they are counting all revolving accounts as both Retail and Bank cards, but how does 5+1=7 or 1+4=6? Any ideas? Any one else with similar results?

Edit: grammar &c.
    • By mizliz1011
      the last two inquiries shown on this report have long been B* from Equifax Complete. Does USAA not report updated Inquiries (hard) on a timely basis or do I have a problem? and it doesn't show a legit HI from Oct. 9th... May I assume that USAA is not at its finest on the latest and greates of HI reporting? Also, it is showing a CA that was removed almost immediately as the entry was in error... but it is still zinging my experian score...it is dated 9/15 and was removed by CA almost immediately after call from my lawyer...
      Alert Date 09/06/2014 THIS HAS BEEN BUMPED Business Name NAVY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION Inquiry Date 09/04/2014 Alert Date 08/31/2014 Business Name NAVY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION THIS HAS BEEN BUMPED Inquiry Date 08/11/2014 Alert Date 08/31/2014 THIS HAS BEEN BUMPED Business Name PENTAGON FCU Inquiry Date 07/26/2014  

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    alanmana
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines