Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

New Macy's Card. Cancel it or Keep it?

The last post in this topic was posted 2673 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I was shopping with my wife at Macy's the other day, and we spent $300 at the store few days ago. The cashier offered us a little over $100 savings if I applied for Macy's card on the spot.

So after little push from my wife, I applied.

I was approved with $600 line of credit, and some of the savings were applied instantly, the other part will be on my first statement.

Granted my wife likes to shop there a lot. I was wondering how good this store card is and will it be a good mix to my existing credit as my first store credit card.

Any suggestions? Thanks! :)

Edited by Mo007

You are already taking the hit for the INQ and new account, you might as well keep it, it isn't a bad card and you might get invited for a Macy's Amex.

Edited by CTSoxFan

You are already taking the hit for the INQ and new account, you might as well keep it, it isn't a bad card and you might get invited for a Macy's Amex.

Agreed. Plus you'll get flooded with coupons for stuff you don't want or need, which is handy if your wife likes to shop recreationally.

Don't "upgrade" to the Macy's Amex, though, it's a second account and your AAOA will take another hit.

File this for later.

Agreed. Plus you'll get flooded with coupons for stuff you don't want or need, which is handy if your wife likes to shop recreationally.

Don't "upgrade" to the Macy's Amex, though, it's a second account and your AAOA will take another hit.

File this for later.

:good:

Definitely keep it. You already took the hit to your AAOA and from the inquiry.

Macy's sends regular "use your card" coupons to cardholders, and you can almost always count on an extra 15-20% off your purchase (unless it's a full-price designer brand or a department like furniture or cosmetics).

The last post in this topic was posted 2673 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.