Sign in to follow this  
Ron1

New Wells Fargo Amex Propel 365 Credit Card!!!!

I read it from the fatwallet.

The card offers:

Key Notes:
$45 annual fee / no fee first year
10k points with $3k spend in 3 months
3x gas
2x restaurants
1x everywhere else

annual relationship bonus:
10% with Wells Fargo checking and savings accounts
25% with PMA package *
50% with PMA package and balance of $250,000 or more

no cap on points, never expire

*PMA is their "VIP" bank account type. If you get one of these accounts, a special note appears on your file each time you call / go into branch. You get best rates on mortgages, etc. No fees for 90 days, then $25k minimum balance total across all personal accounts so no fees on any personal account.

http://www.fatwallet.com/static/attachments/293073_carddetails.pdf

Ron.

Edited by Ron1

I am definitely not impressed. How can they push it as an affluent/private bank type card when it doesn't even offer any bonus earnings for travel/airlines/hotels?

The first thing that I thought of was "Oh, it's the same base earnings as the (no-fee) Costco Amex, but Costco gives you 2% on travel. And then they're throwing a Chase-like little annual bonus thing in." And the Costco Amex is cash, not points.

Such a paltry annual fee is kind of ridiculous too. It's small enough to be an insult, but not large enough to convey value (Amex, Sapphire Preferred, BCP).

Lastly: Are their points 1 for 1, like Chase, or nerfed, like Citi's and PenFed's? WF reeeeeally wants me to open some of their cards from the amount of mail I get from them, but they really have no useful rewards (that last beyond six months).

Edited by Shigeru

Thanks, Ron.

There's no way I'm moving $250,000 back to Wells Fargo for the top-level point bonus, after getting"fee'd" to death as a former PMA customer.

I saw the special notation on the screen at the branch when they pulled up my account. It said very clearly "High Value Customer", but for the life of me I can't list one thing it got me in over ten years as a customer, aside from 100 free brokerage trades a year... However...

The fees that they were charging me for other things ($100 a year to "hold" a stray $10,000 IRA, for example) drove me crazy, and I moved almost all of my accounts/money elsewhere. I'm very sure I paid dearly for those "free" stock trades. They also charged me something like $15 per transfer for four transfers beyond the monthly limit from my savings account to my checking account - the FIRST AND ONLY TIME I ever inadvertently exceeded the "maximum number of transfers" limit.

I hate Wells Fargo.

Edited by cv91915

Bank Of America Privilege credit cards got the same rewards as Wells Fargo. It required $50,000 as a combined balance in your Bank of America deposit accounts and/or your Merrill Edge brokerage accounts.

link:

https://www.bankofamerica.com/platinumprivileges/frequently-asked-questions.go

https://consumer.bankofamerica.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=VABTNN&mboxSession=1379795241005-44558#b

1% cash back on purchases, 2% at grocery stores and 3% on gas for the first $1,500 in combined gas and grocery purchases each quarter Plus, get a 50% customer bonus when you redeem your cash back into a Bank of America® checking or savings account, or a Cash Management Account® with Merrill Edge® or Merrill Lynch Wealth Management® Get a $100 cash rewards bonus after you make at least $500 in purchases within 90 days of account opening Introductory 0%† APR for your first 12 billing cycles for purchases, and for any balance transfers made within 60 days of opening your account. After that, a Variable APR that’s currently between 12.99% and 22.99% will apply. 3% fee (min $10) applies to balance transfers. Please see Terms and Conditions for payment allocation information

It said very clearly "High Value Customer", but for the life of me I can't list one thing it got me in over ten years as a customer, aside from 100 free brokerage trades a year... However...

I'm a PMA customer and I have the same experience. Two years ago, I opened a CC with them and they gave me APR was 18%. I was stunned...I closed it immediately.

Edited by cranston3

For those interested, these cards finally launched and were much better than I expected. I'm going to sign up for the Propel World, $400 cash bonus after you spend $3k in three months (easy to meet with Amazon payments) and $100 in incidental airline charges.

$45 AF... lol

Go home Wells Fargo, you're drunk.

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/products/cash-back-credit-card.go

Same benefits (save for the 0% FTF), no fee.

I agree. I have the Privileges version of that card from B of A. It has the same 3/2/1 reward structure as this WF card -- and the same 50% bonus and NO AF for Privileges customers. B of A only requires $50,000 in deposits to qualify for the AF waiver and the 50% bonus. WF doesn't waive the fee and requires 5x in deposits to get the bonus. They give you $100 in annual travel reimbursement, but - wait for it - the AF is $175.

It's just like WF to roll out something new that breaks no new ground. Knowing them, they'd only give me a $1,000 credit limit on this stupid thing.

https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/propelworld/

The black card with the gold horses looks pretty sexy. The design reminds me of the Dubai First Royale Mastercard.

http://creditcardforum.com/blog/most-prestigious-credit-cards/

$175 a year. Instead, during the summer I plan on applying for the Redneck Bank debit card account. The smiling horsey/donkey on that card is free.

$175 a year, waived the first year, $400 minimum cash to open (looks to go up to $600 possibly if used towards airfare), $100 towards airline incidentals. Uncapped 3x airfare, 2x hotels.

I'm not saying it's a card to keep for life, but it sure doesn't look bad for at least the first year. Reevaluate at 12 months and see if Wells does anything for retention offers.

Anyone know if Wells Fargo does PC? I have a useless flat 1% no AF card with them I havent touched in months and I am looking to get into the AMEX network for my Costco spend but my EX isn't good enough yet for one issued from Centurion

Edited by Luminosity

I have a question. When they say $50000 in deposits, does that mean you need $50000 currently in an account, or that you have deposited $50000 in the time you've been with that bank?

It means that your average daily balance is at least 50K or higher in your PMA accounts.