Sign in to follow this  
PeakGirl

NMAC (Nissan) Post BK Friendly?

Specifically, if they were included in BK for $2K. Discharge in December of 2012. Scores are mid to upper 600's now. Low DTI.

TIA!

If I loaned you money, and you took me out with a bankruptcy proceeding, I would never again loan you money.

I, personally, as a finance manager, would not even ask my captive for that favor.

But other banks will finance Nissan products.

Well, thanks for being snarky about it. You don't even know why we had to file. It wasn't our first choice, many years of try before we did it.

Well, thanks for being snarky about it. You don't even know why we had to file. It wasn't our first choice, many years of try before we did it.

I'm sorry I did not answer the way you wanted me too.

Snarky I was not, honest yes.

I've been there before, I've also filed for bankruptcy protection, my former lenders that I took down with me, don't really care about the reason. (as respects automotive product)

This line "If I loaned you money, and you took me out with a bankruptcy proceeding, I would never again loan you money." is the one that bugged me. Don't feel like I'm being sensitive...but don't need to be talked to like a little kid.

I had to ask because we have had different creditors who have already extended us credit again who we did IIB. I didn't know if that was a possibility with NMAC.

No worries. We will get the best deal when the time is right. No big rush. Just initial questions.

He wasn't being snarky just a right to the point answer.. Some banks will blacklist you forever if you IIB no matter if it was $1 or $100k and some will blacklist you for a period of time. Chances are if your not blacklisted your probably about 5 to 7 years off from getting a loan though Nissan financial.

MarvBear wasn't being snarky but just being honest. Likely a moot point as pointed out other lenders will finance Nissan products.