Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Payment for Delete, PFD duration

The last post in this topic was posted 2500 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hi everyone,

Recently, a collection item popped up on my credit report for a dental bill from 6 years ago. I called up the number of the agency from my credit report and immediately paid the bill in full. I did receive an email and a pdf attachment from the collection manager saying this:

"This letter shall confirm that the above-mentioned account has been paid in full as of date YYYYMMDD. Payment of $XXX has been
received and posted to the account referenced above. We have also requested that it be deleted from the credit bureaus. Note that
we can only request that it be deleted and you must follow up with the credit bureaus to ensure its deletion."

While going through the forums, I saw that people use paper mail to get a request such as this. I was curious if the pdf and email I received is as valid as a "paper" letter.

How soon can I expect to see that the account has been paid and deleted?

Thanks

AK

Hi everyone,

Recently, a collection item popped up on my credit report for a dental bill from 6 years ago. I called up the number of the agency from my credit report and immediately paid the bill in full. I did receive an email and a pdf attachment from the collection manager saying this:

"This letter shall confirm that the above-mentioned account has been paid in full as of date YYYYMMDD. Payment of $XXX has been

received and posted to the account referenced above. We have also requested that it be deleted from the credit bureaus. Note that

we can only request that it be deleted and you must follow up with the credit bureaus to ensure its deletion."

While going through the forums, I saw that people use paper mail to get a request such as this. I was curious if the pdf and email I received is as valid as a "paper" letter.

How soon can I expect to see that the account has been paid and deleted?

Thanks

AK

Read WhyChat's HIPAA letters. Dental bills fall under HIPAA.

You should not have paid the CA. I would use Why Chat's HIPAA letter program to obtain a removal from this point.

Start your own thread in the medical forum and Why Chat will guide you through the process.

The last post in this topic was posted 2500 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By MCoryB
      Hi, all.

I've been following CB for a few months now and have made some major cleanups to all my reports thanks to the awesome advice here. Now I have just two baddies in each report, which I'd like to tackle somehow. One is a series of ten 30-day-lates in 2012 and 2013 on my American Honda Finance auto loan, and I've read many people say goodwill letters won't work with them, but here's the situation I feel sure I can clean up somehow, with your advice:

I left an apartment in late 2009 to move to another complex from the same owners and ended up owing them $1443 for carpet replacement and leaving the lease early. In 2010, they turned it over to a local collection agency here in Vegas called Sentry Recovery & Collections, whom I've heard are real a-holes. They've tacked on fees bringing my total up to $1627 but have not tried to contact me for quite a while (March 2014 was the last time they updated my credit reports). I'm not completely convinced I should wake a sleeping dragon, but I'd love to see this collection disappear.

Should I:

A — Try to PFD with the CA for less than I owe?

B — Try to pay the apartment complex either in full or a lesser amount *if* they'll clear up my record in whatever tenant tracking system they use AND ask the CA to delete the collection from my reports?

C — Something else?

Thanks for your help!

Cory
    • By kaa05
      Hi all - I've been trying to clean up my credit & like many people have some bad marks from years past..unfortunately, two of them relate to Portfolio Recovery Associates which is seeming to be IMPOSSIBLE to deal with.

1. I had a store credit card that I fell late on and it went to collections in Feb. 2013. I called and for someone to agree to a Pay for Delete so I paid the entire balance in Dec. 2013. I later found out this was the worst idea ever because they didn't delete anything and seeing I trusted their word, I have no proof that that was the agreement. So now I have this account sitting on my credit report as Paid in full, was a collection.

2. I had a Capital One card with a limit of $300 that went to collections in Mar. 2013. It's now showing as purchased by PRA in June 2014 with a original amount of $581.00. I'm not sure what happened to Mar 2013 - June 2014? I don't see anything else on my report for this account in these months..

Any ideas on what to do with this company, they won't agree to a Pay for Delete but I'm really hoping to get this thing of my reports! I've seen people mentioned requesting validation and I've thought about that but I'm a bit confused on the whole process..

Thanks in advance!!
    • By TJ88
      Hi all,

After I graduated college I began consolidating all of my student loans. However, I somehow missed a loan from the university totaling around $8,0000, and received no notice about payments until the loan went into collections. I have sent a debt validation to the collection agency, and they responded with a copy of the signed promisory note and balance. Can I try to negotiate a pay for delete even though the debt is a student loan? Or do I have to try to set up a payment plan with the collection agency?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
      TJ
    • By Dragonfly66
      I filed BK13 back in 2010. DriveTime was included in that. I had the BK dismissed in 2011 because I couldn't maintain the high payments. Since then, they had been reporting an outstanding balance of $8,494.37, even though I originally owed $15K+ on the car that I voluntarily surrendered right before the BK13. This leads me to believe they re-sold the car and this is the outstanding balance. I never actually got any paperwork saying they did that, though.

In January 2013 DriveTime sent me a letter offering to settle with me for 10% of the $8,494.37 balance, so they were willing to take $849.44, and they would update the CRA's to reflect my account as "settled" (their word). By this time I had just purchased a new car a month before, so I am assuming they must have realized the likelihood of me paying them was slim and none. I never responded to the settlement offer.

Now I am looking at it again and thinking they may be willing to do a PFD now, if they were willing to settle for so little back then. My thought is that they have probably all but written this off and they aren't expecting anything from me, so they would be more amenable to a PFD to collect on an account that they had written off.

My questions are:

1. Does my rationale make sense, or am I dreaming? I know DriveTime is supposed to notoriously difficult to deal with.
      2. Has anyone out there had any success in getting DriveTime to do a PFD? If so, how did you get them to do it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I'm in rebuilding mode and would love to get them off my credit, or at least have them reflect more positively.
    • By mizliz1011
      For all to know, Unifund Pilot Receivables just posted a CA for an account from CITI that had been settled with prejudice for no listing due to the precarious legal basis of the claim (Citi had knowledge of CARD ACT violations). This agreement was prepared by a top credit attorney in NYC with notarized signatures on both ends. Had I not had alerts, I would not have known about this. My scores are plummeting and I am hopping mad. Is this a $1000 violation? I paid the attorney and he is on it but I would love to sock it to them...deliberate misrepresentation of a legal agreement and fraudulant inducement to pay?

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    dreamst8
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines