Sign in to follow this  
cv91915

American Express Platinum Benefits - A Running Tally

In some cases I've used the same offer as many as five times - once per card for each of my Amices.

Mr. Grammar Nazi may be going too far with "Amices"

In some cases I've used the same offer as many as five times - once per card for each of my Amices.

Mr. Grammar Nazi may be going too far with "Amices"

More than one index = indices

More than one appendix = appendices

More than one fex =

Oh, never mind. :angel:

I was just about to place a gift order for some complete meals for my elderly grandparents (I had six of them in my cart) when I remembered an offer I saw on my Platinum card. As it turns out the prices were the same as without the card (no surprise), but I did get free shipping, which took almost $20 off the order I was about to submit.

ScreenShot2013-12-16at101711AM_zpscf8e83

+$100 for Global Entry reimbursement

+$125 in "free" future spending on my preferred airline via reimbursed gift card purchases (one more to come)

+$750 in MR points from the signup bonus

+$100 for use of airport lounges for two travel days*

+$ 10 for credit on Small Business Saturday

+$ 25 for credit on Amazon promotion

+$ 20 for Omaha Steaks promotion

Benefits so far: $1,120, vs. the $475 annual fee.

cv91915 - thanks for sharing all the savings you have received from this card. I was approved for mine right before traveling in Europe and was bummed that the card came the day after I left for several weeks. I at least can try and make up for some of the missed perks with the airline spending, Global Entry reimbursement and hopefully have time for some airport lounges. I had been using my BCP card for all of my sync deals so now I can link this one through twitter etc.

Glad you're finding this useful. When I started this thread it never occurred to me that I'd be adding up the savings from using these spending offers also; in fact I never paid much attention to them until the Amazon promotion a few weeks ago. In some cases I've used the same offer as many as five times - once per card for each of my Amices.

None of the spending offers from any other issuer even come close to being as useful as Amex's.

Well thanks to your encouragement, I already have my $100 credit for the Global Entry reimbursement, and $75 towards the $200 limit for the airlines. I added some SYNC offers for Exxon and Costco as well. I am only waiting on the Costco credit to post but will keep on making money off this one. I was too late to get the Amazon offer on this card but received it on a different Amex. I still have to crank out a about $1800 or so in spending to get the signup bonus but it should happen quickly.

I was just about to place a gift order for some complete meals for my elderly grandparents (I had six of them in my cart) when I remembered an offer I saw on my Platinum card. As it turns out the prices were the same as without the card (no surprise), but I did get free shipping, which took almost $20 off the order I was about to submit.

ScreenShot2013-12-16at101711AM_zpscf8e83

+$125 in "free" future spending on my preferred airline via reimbursed gift card purchases (one more to come)

+$100 for use of airport lounges for two travel days*

Benefits so far: $1,120, vs. the $475 annual fee.

cv91915 - thanks for sharing all the savings you have received from this card. I was approved for mine right before traveling in Europe and was bummed that the card came the day after I left for several weeks. I at least can try and make up for some of the missed perks with the airline spending, Global Entry reimbursement and hopefully have time for some airport lounges. I had been using my BCP card for all of my sync deals so now I can link this one through twitter etc.

Glad you're finding this useful. When I started this thread it never occurred to me that I'd be adding up the savings from using these spending offers also; in fact I never paid much attention to them until the Amazon promotion a few weeks ago. In some cases I've used the same offer as many as five times - once per card for each of my Amices.

None of the spending offers from any other issuer even come close to being as useful as Amex's.

Well thanks to your encouragement, I already have my $100 credit for the Global Entry reimbursement, and $75 towards the $200 limit for the airlines. I added some SYNC offers for Exxon and Costco as well. I am only waiting on the Costco credit to post but will keep on making money off this one. I was too late to get the Amazon offer on this card but received it on a different Amex. I still have to crank out a about $1800 or so in spending to get the signup bonus but it should happen quickly.

Awesome! The Amex offers are really great... I'm using them all the time now, mostly on our household SPG.

Today I'll be arriving at Terminal C at DFW. My connecting flight is leaving from Terminal B.

Centurion Lounge is in D. :(

Oh, well... I do have plenty of time.

Ok, that was a delicious buffet. Carrot and jicama slaw, pulled chicken enchiladas, chips, rice, beans...

Relaxing now with my feet up on a leather chaise lounge... with an oatmeal cookie.

This doesn't suck.

Ok, that was a delicious buffet. Carrot and jicama slaw, pulled chicken enchiladas, chips, rice, beans...

Relaxing now with my feet up on a leather chaise lounge... with an oatmeal cookie.

This doesn't suck.

That's it?

This doesn't suck.

That's it?

They were offering 15 minute massages or a manicure also, but I didn't think I had time...

What were you expecting?

I've tracked my use of platinum this year and have more than broken even when taking into account all the promos. $25 back on $75 at amazon, etc. I also use the global entry kick back and $200 airline fee. The CEnturion lounge at LAS has been my home more than I wished but it is very nice; one of the best domestic lounges I've used.

This doesn't suck.

That's it?

They were offering 15 minute massages or a manicure also, but I didn't think I had time...

What were you expecting?

048c3130f885045e53b0c037ec5c1a0c_zps1af3

I'm going to add $50 for the use of the Centurion Lounge. If you value that more or less you should mentally adjust my total instead of bitching at me about it. :P

+$200 in "free" future spending on my preferred airline via reimbursed gift card purchases (corrected from previous post)
+$100 for use of airlines' airport lounges for two travel days

+$ 50 for use of Centurion lounge once

Benefits so far: $1,255 vs. the $475 annual fee.

NOTE: I also corrected the reimbursed airline spending total above. I received all $200 in benefits in 2013 by purchasing American Airlines gift cards for future travel. Somehow that didn't carry all the way through my running tallies. Sorry about that.

Edited by cv91915

This doesn't suck.

That's it?

What were you expecting?

Really. That's it?

This doesn't suck.

That's it?

What were you expecting?

Really. That's it?

I'll repeat: What were you expecting?

It's an airport lounge.

I'm going to add $50 for the use of the Centurion Lounge. If you value that more or less you should mentally adjust my total instead of bitching at me about it. :P

+$200 in "free" future spending on my preferred airline via reimbursed gift card purchases (corrected from previous post)

+$100 for use of airlines' airport lounges for two travel days

+$ 50 for use of Centurion lounge once

Benefits so far: $1,255 vs. the $475 annual fee.

NOTE: I also corrected the reimbursed airline spending total above. I received all $200 in benefits in 2013 by purchasing American Airlines gift cards for future travel. Somehow that didn't carry all the way through my running tallies. Sorry about that.

That is a lot of value! I'm going to have a REALLY hard time staying away from app'ing after the 1st!!! :blush2:

Merry Christmas CV!! :wave:

Merry Christmas, BDK.

Cold as #%^& here in the Midwest!

Stay Frosty! :wave:

H & B? Unlimited bar? Prime Rib & Lobster? Shall I go on...? :lol:

It was too early to drink, (for me, but apparently not for others :D) but there was an open bar.

The food was excellent for a buffet.

What's H & B?

I do have plenty of time on the way back, so I'll probably get a massage.

Edited by cv91915

It was too early to drink, (for me, but apparently not for others :D) but there was an open bar.

What's H & B?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=H+%26+B

What's H & B?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=H+%26+B

Maybe the massage features a happy ending.

Like I said, I didn't have time on the outbound portion of my trip. :D