The last post in this topic was posted 2789 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

My daughter asked for some advice about credit, she had a big bill from a bank over 10k they offered a really good settlement, less then a third of the amount but they ignored it. She got another nasty letter again but this time she contacted me and replied to them in a letter offering to settle with them (they are trying to buy a house) for the amount that they offered her originally and they accepted it.

So today she calls me and tells me a CA put a great big ding on her husbands report that was not there before the offer, I thought she was dealing with the bank or within the bank not a collection agency that's why I didn't tell her to put that clause in, if I knew it was a CA I would have told her to include a clause that they do not report it to the CRA.

So what can she do now ? She acknowledged the debt by making arrangements, the debt is over 10K so they will go after them if they if she stops paying them.

One other thing though this card was soley in her husbands name and he got it before they were married so could that be an out as far her making all the arrangements and not him? Could he turn around request a DV letter?

The company is Cach LLC the attorney is Scott Lowery... From what I read he is a real bottom feeder and is already in trouble for him doing this.

http://www.consumerlitigators.com/2496/consumer-news/cach-llc-buys-millions-in-uncollectable-credit-card-debts/

how old was it,

what state is she in,

CACH is a JDB.

does she have this payment agreement in writing?

is she signing the checks, or is her husband?

how was it that the original debt didn't show up on her reports when they were applying?

there should have been a OC charged off account - listed as sold to another lender or transferred

The debt is just over 2 years

It's in Arizona

It's auto deduction

I'm not sure what it said as far as what was on his report but we know for sure it was not on there she never mentioned that she was dealing with CA she always said the OC or this would be a mute point lol

One other thing though this card was solely in her husbands name and he got it before they were married so could that be an out as far her making all the arrangements and not him?

Arizona is a community property state, they will go after either party. You'll have to read up on the property laws and see how to get around this.

The last post in this topic was posted 2789 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.