Sign in to follow this  
1stepatatime

BofA approved me for my second ever CC

Just thought I'd share another small success story..I'm very happy to say the least...I've been wanting to apply for a Bank of America card and i had in mind that i would need to go the secure route because my credit files is kind of thin and it has about 15 late payments showing on them from salliemae with some of them 180 days late..Not sure yet who they pulled from but i know its EX mostly and that was my highest score 649 but my thinnest credit file...my other 2 scores are 629 and 622.

Anyway's i couldn't take it no more because i need a couple CC to build up my credit history and i hate playing the waiting game all the time so decided today i would apply for a regular visa thinking i would probably get denied and offered a secure card which i would have taken...I applied online and got the 30 day message and figured for sure i was denied....About 20 minutes later i looked up a backdoor number for them and called them up and they said congratulations your approved for $500 and will receive your card in 7-10 days..I know that's not a big limit but I'm more then happy to have it and it means a lot to me right now because thats one thing hurting my scores is not enough revolving credit...I just got my first CC this past july 26 from DCU with a $1000 limit so this will make my second CC and the good thing is both of these places will grow with me and give me higher limits down the road if i do my part...

Oh yeah i also applied for a walmart card recently was denied so lemonade on you walmart :P

Congratulations!

What was the reason for the Walmart decline? Did you call for a recon?

I did call them but the rep didnt ask no questions and said we can't make another decision once it's made..I probably should have called and tried to talk to another rep but the way they scored my credit i figured they wasn't much use in it..

One thing hurt my chances a bit more is i do have 2 old collections on TU that is suppose to come off this coming month if all goes well and the CA does what they agreed to..I might should have waited but the waiting game got the best of me and i had to try :)

Anyways here is what walmart letter said..

Your Credit

Score:

411 Date:

08/13/2013 Scores range

from a low of 300 to a high of 620. Key factors

that adversely affected your credit score:

NUMBER OF MONTHS SINCE

30 DAYS PAST DUE ON A CREDIT ACCOUNT IS TOO LOW

TOO FEW REVOLVING ACCOUNTS

ACCOUNTS IN COLLECTION OR 60 DAYS PAST DUE OR ADVERSE PUBLIC RECORDS

NUMBER OF MONTHS SINCE CREDIT ACCOUNT IN COLLECTIONS IS TOO LOW

The 411 score is not real. It's an internal score GE uses.

Yeah I know...Its crazy they use a funky scoring system but you can access a real TU fico through them if you become a card holder.