Sign in to follow this  
Baddies4Breakfast

Is DCU Incompetent? Trying to become new member

I was never able to join for this very reason. They are pretty incompetent about this issue. You can't be Digital Credit Union if you can't manage your business electronically!

Dcu is digital employee credit union. Digital was a big company here in mass, and this was the employee credit union. It has nothing to do with the digital age. I have had no problem with Dcu using them as my primary bank. They have been able to fix every problem I had even a problem with a chex entry that chex would not delete. Then again I can walk into a branch and talk to a real person.

Timely bump. Forgot I had started this thread. So the business checking account I had orginally opened was closed for inactivity (no warning of course) many months ago. I can live with that and will just be more cognizant of keeping activity on the account.

Since I already have an existing business relationship, there's a 1 page form at https://www.dcu.org/business-banking/business-checking-free.html one can fax in instead of providing a dozen business documents (which they already have).

On the 1st page it says:

What you can expect

* Once you've delivered the completed form [in person]... your request will be processed immediately.

* Once you've faxed the completed form... your request will be processed within 24 hours.

It's been longer than 24 hours. More like another week. Way to set expectations with the client and then fail completely. Ha!

I might try US Bank or Navy Federal for free business checking accounts if this annoys me enough...

So I got an email this morning saying I was approved for membership (applied yesterday) but I didn't get a member number yet, therefore I can't log into the site. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to be able to log-in so you can see your FICO ? The email said to wait 7-10 days for documents to be sent or something, but I'm hoping I can log into the site sooner than that…

So I got an email this morning saying I was approved for membership (applied yesterday) but I didn't get a member number yet, therefore I can't log into the site. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to be able to log-in so you can see your FICO ? The email said to wait 7-10 days for documents to be sent or something, but I'm hoping I can log into the site sooner than that…

I had to wait. Not much you can do but be patient. Then it will take more time before the Fico shows up after you've enrolled for it.

Baby Joe you must wait for them to send you the member number and welcome information in order to access anything online....it took mine the full ten days....but once in its worth it for auto loans I'm told!

I was never able to join for this very reason. They are pretty incompetent about this issue. You can't be Digital Credit Union if you can't manage your business electronically!

Dcu is digital employee credit union. Digital was a big company here in mass, and this was the employee credit union. It has nothing to do with the digital age. I have had no problem with Dcu using them as my primary bank. They have been able to fix every problem I had even a problem with a chex entry that chex would not delete. Then again I can walk into a branch and talk to a real person.

Right. The Digital comes from Digital Equipment Corporation.

As in, you have to go way way back to the Microcomputer revolution, you know, the TRS-80 and the Apple ][. Remember way back then, in the early 1980's? Thats good, but you still haven't gone back far enough... try the 1960's and 1970's, Digital pretty much started the Minicomputer revolution (not the Microcomputer revolution).

I have several of their computers from the 70's.

Since it's been mentioned a few times in this thread, where exactly is the EQ FICO on the DCU website? I'm a member, and "enrolled" to receive it, but all it says is "you're enrolled to receive the FICO score each month", but WHERE is it?

Since it's been mentioned a few times in this thread, where exactly is the EQ FICO on the DCU website? I'm a member, and "enrolled" to receive it, but all it says is "you're enrolled to receive the FICO score each month", but WHERE is it?

When it's ready you will get a message in your inbox and you will be able to see it there.

Great for auto loans- got mine with a low interest rate for 60 months. Everything else-meh.

My girlfriend just signed up for membership a few days ago. PreApproved for an auto loan and a credit card. She refinanced her Jeep and was able to lower her APR from 12.99% to 1.49% saving her lots of money. Everything was smooth. Asked to email a few documents and that was it.

Although she is still waiting for her debit card and pin. That part seems to take awhile because mine took 9 business days to get to me.

And for those going for credit products with them. They told me during a 6 months old account CLI request that they like to see 12 months of use prior to a request.

So, don't waste a hard INQ for a CLI till 12 months. I got 4 from them on my EQ and it bugs me (1 for account, 1 for loan, 1 for card and 1 for INQ).

Besides the fact they like to pull hards more than a $5 hooker, I'm content with our mutual relationship.

And for those going for credit products with them. They told me during a 6 months old account CLI request that they like to see 12 months of use prior to a request.

So, don't waste a hard INQ for a CLI till 12 months. I got 4 from them on my EQ and it bugs me (1 for account, 1 for loan, 1 for card and 1 for INQ).

Besides the fact they like to pull hards more than a $5 hooker, I'm content with our mutual relationship.

:rofl:

DCU is awful. I attempted to join by only opening a savings account. After the computer spit out the approval and new member number I thought I was all set. Two days later I was locked out of my account. When I called they advised me I was flagged for an internal audit. Weeks passed and they didn't raise a finger. All over a savings account with $10 sitting in it. I just closed it out and moved on.

Do you mind sharing what country that is? Thanks in advance!

Now hold on a sec...that's a very important question. Five bucks is waaaay overpriced in a LOT of countries.

You also shouldn't be Digital Anything if you require your members to use their member numbers as login IDs instead of something they create for themselves, yet they do...

Digital as in digits, numbers, integers. The member number is badass.

And so meaningful and easy to remember :P

Well, it seems cv91515 agrees with you!

Now hold on a sec...that's a very important question. Five bucks is waaaay overpriced in a LOT of countries.

Oh Lynne.

The direction I could go with this but I've grown fond of you.

Oh Lynne. The direction I could go with this but I've grown fond of you.

:angel:

Oh Lynne. The direction I could go with this but I've grown fond of you.
:angel:

Ha ha ha ha ha.

two dolla

me love you long time

fi dolla

me love you rest of your life

Edited by nateinva

DCU is awful. I attempted to join by only opening a savings account. After the computer spit out the approval and new member number I thought I was all set. Two days later I was locked out of my account. When I called they advised me I was flagged for an internal audit. Weeks passed and they didn't raise a finger. All over a savings account with $10 sitting in it. I just closed it out and moved on.

How did you get a member number online? DCU snail mails out your member number and also your PIN after your docs have been reviewed by a human.

I don't even know why I still have mine open. To this day, I still can't log into my account and I'm not gonna go through all that trouble just to get my PIN again from them.