Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

NFCU

The last post in this topic was posted 2708 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I've heard of people just saying they're a relative, without them verifying. But guess I'm SOL.

Do a search here for NFCU and security. I wouldn't recommend it.

I've heard of people just saying they're a relative, without them verifying. But guess I'm SOL.

That would constitute fraud. We don't support that method.

And they will verify. has happened many times on CB...

Forget it. My mother is a member and their security department flagged my membership app. They instantly approved my sisters, instantly approved my brothers, but stuck me in member hell. I had to fax in my driver license, social security card, and us passport card both front and backside. I also had to fax over my birth certificate proving my relationship to my mother. And I'm still not approved.

/>I've heard of people just saying they're a relative, without them verifying. But guess I'm SOL.

They'll lock and shut down your accounts when they find out you're not really eligable, and it will happen eventually even if you slip through the cracks initially. Do a search on CB and you will find some examples.

LOL @ foeplay!

Yes, they will verify, don't believe the hype. Thing is, SOME people slip through the cracks but for how long? You can't live that, knowing that one day you'll wake up and ALL of your money will be locked out and all of your Navy credit will be shut down, thus screwing up whatever good credit you got on your report. I went through it and it was terrifying. I wouldn't recommend it.

krimzon7, on 20 Aug 2013 - 19:54, said:

I'm super stoked right now! I wanted to get into Navy Fed in a major way. I have a grandfather who was in the army, but he passed away when i as a kid. I didn't have any information about his services. I called Navy Fed, and told them just that...they took my application and set my account up anyways! I have to be honest, I was just shopping around because my BK doesn't discharge until 9/16/13. I can't wait to apply for their credit products. I'm pleased as punch.

Sooo....you're telling me I should be cautiously optimistic. I have my Grandfather's name and branch information...how much should my sphincter tighten?

Ok, I'll drop this then. And to foeplay - thanks for the offer, but I'm already happily married for 8 years and 3 kids (that I'm aware of so far). Keep looking. Maybe well change this to datingcreditboards.com or something. ;-)

Just to update this. So after having my membership application sent over to their BSA dept (security) and providing them with documents proving identity and eligibility they finally opened my account. I immediately apply for a Flagship rewards card and was approved. The rep could not tell me the credit line or apr and asked that I call in later. I call in this morning to find out Ive been stuck in security review again, I mention I just went through this and their BSA dept verified my identity. Apparently the BSA dept doesn't share info with the lending department. Also, the lending dept asked for completely different documentation than the BSA dept. Many hoops were jumped, docs sent, and now I'm in limbo again hoping they'll approve my credit application. If it weren't for you guys telling me this lender is so worth it I'd say screw it all. So scubafanatic be thankful you didn't apply with a sideways connection. I had a legitimate in and look at what I've had to go through.

Just to update this. So after having my membership application sent over to their BSA dept (security) and providing them with documents proving identity and eligibility they finally opened my account. I immediately apply for a Flagship rewards card and was approved. The rep could not tell me the credit line or apr and asked that I call in later. I call in this morning to find out Ive been stuck in security review again, I mention I just went through this and their BSA dept verified my identity. Apparently the BSA dept doesn't share info with the lending department. Also, the lending dept asked for completely different documentation than the BSA dept. Many hoops were jumped, docs sent, and now I'm in limbo again hoping they'll approve my credit application. If it weren't for you guys telling me this lender is so worth it I'd say screw it all. So scubafanatic be thankful you didn't apply with a sideways connection. I had a legitimate in and look at what I've had to go through.

Sorry to hear all that you've had to go through. But when you do get in completely and never have to go through any of it again it will definitely be worth it. I really believe NFCU changed my life for the better. they aren't perfect, no CU is but they've really been head and shoulders above most everyone.

Some things I like about them besides the super high CL's they give out for people with so-so or less credit scores is the fact that most of the time when you recon something you get approved. I've had 4 loans with them and have 3 credit products. Love how I get my APR decreased every year too.

Good Luck and hope you get out of limbo fast. Just hang in there.

The last post in this topic was posted 2708 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.