Sign in to follow this  
nocredit2mocredit

Midland reporting old debt as recent after DV and refuses to delete or correct

I have three entries on TU placed there by Midland within the last few months.

I am working with a "professional" credit repair person who has gotten several baddies off all three CRAs but he has no idea how to approach this one.

We asked for DV about two months ago, and Midland responded with a simple "we checked, it's a valid debt" and reinserted the three listings on TU. The "professional" has no idea what to do now and suggests we may have to live with this being reported this way if Midland refuses to cooperate. Ummm... hell no.

The debt is all from 04/2009, far past SOL in my state. Midland is reporting the debts as going to charge off in 02/2013, 05/2013 and 08/2013. So, they have reported the age wrongly and it is tearing up my TU score. They have not reported to EX and EQ.

How can I deal with this to get the debt either removed from TU, or at least dated to correctly reflect to charge off date of 04/2009 ?

The good news is, by EQ score has risen to 645 and my EX score is at 638 as a result of the professional help I have hired. My TU score is 571 and that is causing me to be denied credit from my recent mini app spree.

Also, EX and EQ don't show any baddies, but the outstanding debt still shows the totals of all the baddies that were removed. This is screwing up my debt to income ratios. Any idea how to deal with this ?

My first priority is to remove the items reported with current dating from TU, the second priority is to clear up the numbers on EQ and EX to reflect correct debt to income ratios.

Any suggestions ? I'm feeling pretty defeated here and could use some serious help.

TIA

Edited by nocredit2mocredit

you have disputed thru the CRA's yet?

you need to do that - then you have rights under the FCRA to file suit if they verify inaccurate information - a DV won't do that for you.

threaten to sue.

Dear CRA

the following information on these accounts is incorrect

( list out the reporting exactly as it appears on your credit report , specifically list out each inaccuracy)

when midland verifies the information is correct as reported, send this letter to midland

RE ; account #'s ______________________________

Dear midland

I have disputed the reporting of the above mentioned accounts as inaccurate with the CRA's you have verified that the reporting was correct;

I am going to turn this over to an attorney for review and legal action for the following violations;

FDCPA violations;

15 USC 1692e(8) providing false information to credit reporting agencies

FCRA violations;

15 U.S.C. § 1681i duties of furnishers to provide accurate information.

15 U.S.C. § 1681s-2 - failure to provide accurate information, failure to correct reporting.

if your firm does not delete the collection accounts, I will turn this matter over to an attorney for review and legal action in federal court. with additional counts as follows.

15 U.S.C. § 1681n Civil liability for willful noncompliance
15 U.S.C. § 1681o Civil liability for negligent noncompliance

Please note that statutory damages awarded under FCRA violations are culmative , and compensation for actual damages are seperate.

Your False reporting is may cost me ( rate increase on mortgage or insurance, denied credit, etc, etc. ) ; hence, if actual damages are awarded, these may prove to be very expensive for your firm........

Your Firm has 5 days from the date of the letter to delete these accounts with the CRA's, and don't tell me it can't be done in that time frame