Newbie Trying to Make a Few Decisions

bjrdalbk

The last post in this topic was posted 3840 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hi all:

I joined credit boards a few days ago and have been fascinated with the wealth of knowledge on the boards. Thanks to all who take the time to assist, comment and give their opinion.

I just pulled my credit report at have TU: 696, Ex: 683, Eq: 696 on 8/7 but then 708 on 8/12 from another source.

Questions:

1. Is it possible to have a credit score jump 12 points in 5 days?

2. I have a few issues:

a. ratio of debt to limits is too high. I have paid down to about 30% on each card. I am thinking of applying for a credit card or two to establish more trade lines, I only have 7 open accounts today including a mortgage and 2 student loans and increase debt to limit ratio. Got an invite from Discover but honestly would get more use from a Starwood card. Should I try with these scores( they seem on the edge)? Or wait a while?

b. 4-30 days late from chase mortgage in 2008. None since - does it make sense to try a good will? I read in another post that that was a long shot

c. I have a paid collections account from NCO last reported 2010. I was thinking of asking for verification/validation. Can anyone verify if that collections account can only appear for 7 years after last 180 days report from the OC? If so, it seems in order to keep this on, they would have to verify OC and last 180 days report..difficult.

d. I have a paid judgement from 2008. (2008 was a tough year for me) - anything to do here? I feel realistically, I am stuck.

Any suggestions would be welcome

Thanks in advance for any advice

Each source that you pull a score from will be slightly different. The only real score is your FICO. All others are FAKO's

I am confused. How do I get my FICO versus a FAKO?

myFico.com

+1. Use the promo code E1308BDY20FST for a %20 discount (worked for me the other day). You can also get your TransUnion FICO score for free if you have the Walmart Store or Discover credit card.

Each source that you pull a score from will be slightly different. The only real score is your FICO. All others are FAKO's

myFico.com

+1. Use the promo code E1308BDY20FST for a %20 discount (worked for me the other day). You can also get your TransUnion FICO score for free if you have the Walmart Store or Discover credit card.

Thanks! the promo code worked. Ex-677, EQ-708, TU-680

More derogatories than I previously thought although most are pre-2011. One in 2006. That will drop off in November. Nine from the 2008-2009 (student loan and mortgage) timeframe. And one in January 2011 (Mortgage). Going to try good will letters with student loan and mortgage. Has anyone had any luck with these for a student loan and a mortgage?

myFico.com

Thanks! the promo code worked. Ex-677, EQ-708, TU-680

More derogatories than I previously thought although most are pre-2011. One in 2006. That will drop off in November. Nine from the 2008-2009 (student loan and mortgage) timeframe. And one in January 2011 (Mortgage). Going to try good will letters with student loan and mortgage. Has anyone had any luck with these for a student loan and a mortgage?

Did you pay one price for all 3 scores or was each score $19.95?

The last post in this topic was posted 3840 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.