Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

I C Systems Collections

The last post in this topic was posted 2633 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I recently pulled my three free credit reports from annualcreditreport.com only to find out that I C Systems Collections had placed this "Individual Account" in collections. The OC is apparently AT&T U-Verse and the amount is $62. It was apparently placed 6/12/2013 but it didn't show up until I pulled the reports again this month. I never received a letter, call, email - not one form of communication saying I owed AT&T anything.

How should I proceed?

Sometimes accounts that recently assigned are still on the books of ATT. If you can locate an ATT account number, mail a check to them, and get them to zero out the account, you can often get a company like I.C. Systems to delete.

Edited by SBA

Thanks SBA - I looked and looked and I just cannot find a copy of my AT&T account number anywhere. Do you think mailing them the check is still the thing to do? If I do locate the account number, will AT&T zero out the account automatically? Then would the DV letter to I C Systems that Steven suggested get them to delete?

/>Thanks SBA - I looked and looked and I just cannot find a copy of my AT&T account number anywhere. Do you think mailing them the check is still the thing to do? If I do locate the account number, will AT&T zero out the account automatically? Then would the DV letter to I C Systems that Steven suggested get them to delete?

Maybe it is still showing in your online profile at att.com?

You cannot send them a check without them knowing which account to apply it towards.

I just called AT&T. I didn't have the account number but they found it through my old phone number. I paid it in full and then sent letters to the CRAs to delete since I paid directly toAT&T and not IC systems.

/>I just called AT&T. I didn't have the account number but they found it through my old phone number. I paid it in full and then sent letters to the CRAs to delete since I paid directly toAT&T and not IC systems.

Great news! IC Systems US reporting, though, so until IC Systems knows it is paid, they'll likely verify with the CRA's.

I'd find a way to get IC proof right away, to make sure they don't verify. Fax to IC maybe?

I just called AT&T. I didn't have the account number but they found it through my old phone number. I paid it in full and then sent letters to the CRAs to delete since I paid directly toAT&T and not IC systems.

Thanks, dixiecup. What letters did you send to the CRAs once you paid it in full directly to AT&T?

/>

Thanks, dixiecup. What letters did you send to the CRAs once you paid it in full directly to AT&T?

It doesn't matter what was sent, most likely. Until IC Systems has proof of payment, the result of a CRA dispute is likely going to be verification.....

/>

It doesn't matter what was sent, most likely. Until IC Systems has proof of payment, the result of a CRA dispute is likely going to be verification.....

Pardon my ignorance, but if I pay AT&T in full, what will keep IC Systems from just reporting the account as paid/closed when I dispute it with the CRAs? That seems to be where the letters sent would matter...

/>

/>

Pardon my ignorance, but if I pay AT&T in full, what will keep IC Systems from just reporting the account as paid/closed when I dispute it with the CRAs? That seems to be where the letters sent would matter...

Send the receipt to IC Systems.

Along with some sort of letter, or just the AT&T receipt showing that the bill has been paid? Surely it can't be that easy to have this collection removed from my report...

I did the same thing with DISH. I have to admit my mouth fell open it was so easy. But it's about time! Nothing ever goes my way!

/>Along with some sort of letter, or just the AT&T receipt showing that the bill has been paid? Surely it can't be that easy to have this collection removed from my report...

Dear IC SYSTEMS:

I have included a copy of my receipt from ATT. You are reporting this on my three credit reports. Please delete any information from my credit reports.

Sincerely,

Me

The last post in this topic was posted 2633 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.