Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Medical accounts in collections but not yet reporting on CRs

The last post in this topic was posted 2636 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I'm seeking guidance as it relates to two medical accounts that were turned over to collection agencies but are not yet reporting on any of my credit reports.

Two separate medical accounts of mine were turned over to two different collection agencies. Last week I contacted the hospital where the services were initially rendered and the lady told me she can't work with me because the accounts have already been turned over to collections. She did mention that she might be able to work with me if I was able to pay in full, but I was skeptical of something negative still being reported, so I decided to get advice here before agreeing to anything. Moving on, one account was sent to BullCity Financial Solutions and the second account was sent to Financial Corporation of America. Neither one of these collections accounts have shown up on any of my credit reports so far, but I have no doubt they will at some point. I'd like to settle these debts before they start reporting to save myself the headaches of trying to remove them later. Can someone please advise how I should proceed?

I wasn't sure what information was relevant, so if you need more information, just ask and I'll reply accordingly.

Thank you for any help.

If you are able to pay in full, you can pay the hospital with the HIPAA letter insert "a", be sure to follow all the instructions.

http://whychat.5u.com/hipltr.html

In the meanwhile, you should opt out and delete old addresses if you have moved since the date of medical services.

http://www.whychat.5u.com/GUIDEBOOK.html

If the accounts ARE reporting, you will need to send the follow up disputes ( they follow insert "c" in the HIPAA letter) as soon as you check your reports after the payments have been deposited.

Why Chat, thanks for the advice!

Should I send the Pre HIPAA medical dispute letter to the three credit reporting agencies BEFORE paying these two accounts in full? Your guide says to wait until I receive the letter documenting a current relationship between the reporting CA and the provider, but your post above didn't specify. Or should I go ahead and pay in full with the HIPAA letter and insert "a" and send the Pre HIPAA medical dispute letter to the CRAs at the same time? Or do I need to send the dispute letter at all since there's nothing showing up yet on my credit reports?

Once letters with insert "a" and full payment have been sent, if the accounts still don't show up on my credit reports, am I "clear"? To be sure, I only send the follow up HIPAA letter with insert "c" if the accounts are reporting AFTER my payment has been deposited, correct?

Edited by Wanttobe800

You can hold off sending the dispute letters to the CRAs until you see what happens with your payment. It is pointless to dispute accounts that aren't reporting!!

If, on the other hand, you find that it IS reporting NOW, then yes, you can send the initial dispute letter at the same time you pay the OC with the HIPAA letter insert "a". You do NOT have to "verify" that the CA who has the account is in a current business relationship as you were already TOLD that information by the OC.

Now, once you have paid it, IF it starts reporting as a paid collection, you can THEN send the follow up disputes ( posted after insert "c").

The last post in this topic was posted 2636 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.