Sign in to follow this  

Defaulting on EVERYTHING

My Mother was bat chocolate crazy & couldn't get SSI or SSD. The process the Government put my family though was purple. The women had real issues & was unable to work. After a while we just gave up. Thankfully my Father made enough money to support both of them. She had to wait til she was 62 like everyone else to start collecting SS

It makes me very angry when I see people abuse the system & I have no pity for those that do so knowingly & than get caught.

I do hope this was just a general comment and not directed toward the OP personally.

General comment, butif he is trying to scam the taxpayers for a free life time ride it's directed at him.

/>

My Mother was bat chocolate crazy & couldn't get SSI or SSD. The process the Government put my family though was purple. The women had real issues & was unable to work. After a while we just gave up. Thankfully my Father made enough money to support both of them. She had to wait til she was 62 like everyone else to start collecting SS

It makes me very angry when I see people abuse the system & I have no pity for those that do so knowingly & than get caught.

I do hope this was just a general comment and not directed toward the OP personally.
General comment, butif he is trying to scam the taxpayers for a free life time ride it's directed at him.

The comments of that nature show that you don't know the situation.

/>

Joseph, I kinda sorta agree. You shouldn't be posting on an internet forum that you are going to try to commit fraud. I know your situation is messed up but fraud is pretty messed up as well. I truly sincerely hope you get the help you need mentally and financially but you won't get that locked up in a cell.

Keep your head up, Joseph. I have seen many of your posts, and it seems pretty obvious that you have truly been struggling for a while. I'm not sure where the fraud comments are coming from, it seems to me that if the government has a threshold of earnings that they will allow before reducing or eliminating your SSI / SSDI benefits, it only makes sense that one would want to know where that line is. This isn't fraud, it's about trying to make one's life as good as possible under trying circumstances, just like a retired person whose pension or retirement accounts got downsized or eliminated in the recession and who now has to take a job as a greeter at Walmart.

Like the saying goes, "Before you criticize, walk a mile in the other man's shoes." (or something like that) :wave:

The job appeared not to be serious, so.. I still pursue "Under the table" first, if it fits.

As to whether to earnestly seek work or not? Bump////

And thank you to everyone that understands, and is pulling for me. Sick of dealing with the Romneys of the situation, that have not a clue about how the real world works.

Keep your head up, Joseph. I have seen many of your posts, and it seems pretty obvious that you have truly been struggling for a while. I'm not sure where the fraud comments are coming from, it seems to me that if the government has a threshold of earnings that they will allow before reducing or eliminating your SSI / SSDI benefits, it only makes sense that one would want to know where that line is. This isn't fraud, it's about trying to make one's life as good as possible under trying circumstances, just like a retired person whose pension or retirement accounts got downsized or eliminated in the recession and who now has to take a job as a greeter at Walmart.

Like the saying goes, "Before you criticize, walk a mile in the other man's shoes." (or something like that) :wave:

See quote above for reference to the fraud comment.

hang in there Joseph. I hope some of these posters get mad when business owners skirt taxes or waiters under-report their tips.

The job appeared not to be serious, so.. I still pursue "Under the table" first, if it fits.

As to whether to earnestly seek work or not? Bump////

And thank you to everyone that understands, and is pulling for me. Sick of dealing with the Romneys of the situation, that have not a clue about how the real world works.

>Keep your head up, Joseph. I have seen many of your posts, and it seems pretty obvious that you have truly been struggling for a while. I'm not sure where the fraud comments are coming from, it seems to me that if the government has a threshold of earnings that they will allow before reducing or eliminating your SSI / SSDI benefits, it only makes sense that one would want to know where that line is. This isn't fraud, it's about trying to make one's life as good as possible under trying circumstances, just like a retired person whose pension or retirement accounts got downsized or eliminated in the recession and who now has to take a job as a greeter at Walmart.

See quote above for reference to the fraud comment.

OK, so if the threshold is $1100/month, as mentioned above, and given Joseph's comments on his employment history / employability, do you seriously think that this is something that merits any negativity?

Hopefully, you will never be in a position where you are looking at $1100.00 as the top cap for your earnings.

anyone correct me if I am wrong but don't credit cards have insurance if one is disabled and won't the insurance

make at least minimum payments? and if so can you see if you have that insurance for it. I know at one time

I had Sears and when I could not work (only lasted for 6 months) they cover the minimun payments.

Wouldn't exactly call taking $80.00 for helping a friend move fraud. Nor is working under the legal cap for these programs.

Sending positive thoughts your way, Joseph.

The thing that I don't get, and gogogophers pretty muc echoed everyone that said "Don't get a job," is.. If I make minimum wage, even working decent hours but under SGI limit, (and I will tell the job this?) and it shows up on W2s, then they put it to my Foodstamps etc etc OK OK and this job is in NJ btw.. but if it is consistent with the limited skills I have, and I want to keep working to put into SSI and I can't wait for an iffy approval.. Am I missing something here?

Earning money isn't what sets you up for a long approval process or outright denial. The problem is that you're demonstrating skills that will lead to some extrapolation on their part. All they need to see is that you can answer a phone, work a cash register, push a cart, or even greet people at a store entrance. You'll have to jump through extra hoops to show that in your case it isn't about having some base-level skills for getting a job, it's about holding the job long term. And that takes a lot longer to prove.

By getting a job (and I DO understand the need for income) and earning money in the short term, you may actually be shooting yourself in the foot long term. No one gets rich on SSDI or SSI but sometimes its the access to other programs that can really hurt to lose. Medical insurance, housing programs, food programs etc.

Joseph, I've seen your posts long enough to know you go through some rough cycles and holding a job becomes very challenging as a result. I hope you've seen my posts long enough to know that my responses to you have always been neutral and non-judgmental (it's intentional because I'm personally familiar with the hurtfulness of quick judgments and the stigma that goes along with mental health issues). Whatever you choose to do, I hope the best for you.

I am not trying to be negative. I am just simply stating a fact that it is fraud and tax evasion to work under the table. I am not saying for him to not and everyones situation is different. I am also not saying that I have never done it either. I am just simply saying that he should not advertise it on a public forum where anyone can read it including people that he may know and may turn him in.

anyone correct me if I am wrong but don't credit cards have insurance if one is disabled and won't the insurance

make at least minimum payments? and if so can you see if you have that insurance for it. I know at one time

I had Sears and when I could not work (only lasted for 6 months) they cover the minimun payments.

they do if you enroll in the program and pay monthly for it.

I agree with Gophers. This is why it is imperative to work with your doctors and your attorney on the difficult decisions you will be making.

Joseph, whatever happened to your car flipping business that you were set on doing?

Been doing it. And now, we have the larger issues .Hence, my crisis.

Flipped one, got screwed on the sale (NEVER take partial payment.) $250 of a $500 car. :angry:

I now have another.. let's say $1500 takes it. I LOVE THIS CAR. Have attachment issues.

I wish members could contact me.

ONLY think it needs is a water pump, and A/C recharge> Rest of the car is MINT and I have service history.

I have the title ready to go..

But, even then, if it hits my bank, they will know about it???

And I can't take that money, to then make money??????

:(

As to "being turned in"... Check out the haters at http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums I have done actual real-life police battle with them before.. Long story. But they lie. So I no longer give a flip. I prevailed with facts. Right, NotAGreenDress? :P

Now, as to that car. 167,759 miles; 3000 of them put on by me in a few weeks. Light scratches since the guy that helped me fix my Blazer's dog jumped on it, yes I am mad about that. og lights and other assorted hardware included. 2.4L Turbo I5. Leather seats. Moonroof. Heated leather seats. Cruise control. Tilt. AWD. Has new recently replaced timing belt, radiator, waterpump, rebuilt alternator, and battery. Previous owner says top end of the motor was rebuilt, I have no documents to support this claim though. Have receipts for the repairs. Turbo spools good, and awd works great. Trans shifts smooth and the car handles wonderfully.

Most pics were taken at the moving job I took. Advertised on Craigslist.

1146507_539478192785398_454656341_n.jpg

544819_539476809452203_40166210_n.jpg

23362_539476349452249_2059628503_n.jpg

999440_539476132785604_816729367_n.jpg

556406_539475552785662_1897909739_n.jpg

1150252_539473782785839_1560092924_n.jpg

Hey NAGD, this is for you and the GDF you ruined, at least for now, until the Gods bless me back in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCSqzLjf4oc

^^^^ Again.. Issues as to selling it, because then, how can I make that money make money? I almost feel like I should WORK, and USE THE CAR FOR WORK, (???) and KEEP THE CAR.

Mom is out of money.

I am scared. I CANT UN-do this progress!! BUT selling the car I WILL NOT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY... BTDT!! So might as well KEEP THE CAR...

So if I "Default on everything" I have the car? :blink:

I love this car.

I suggest taking the pix down with the plate numbers showing. Not a good idea.

You really think they are my plates. Put on for purposes of photos. Thought of that already.

Now, my BLAZER has the actual plates on. But you don't see pictures of that.

Now, before I forget.. That Taurus? .. had a grand total of about $2000 into it.Ended up getting $250 for it. No more charity work for me. :(

(* $800 initial purchase + $700 in repairs the next day + ~$500 rotors, transmission stuff, etc.) UPSIDE DOWN and SCREWED OUT OF OTHER $250 on the sale.

As to "being turned in"... Check out the haters at http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums I have done actual real-life police battle with them before.. Long
story. But they lie. So I no longer give a flip. I prevailed with facts. Right, NotAGreenDress? :P

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=482118

<-- This user is from Dimensions and created an account here just for the purpose of stalking me. She, or he, since they play games.. promptly received encouragement from
the GDF crew This person only comes out when summoned and is likely "TraciJo67," when I had researched it. But I can't know. Only IP address people can know. Maybe. In any case.. Main hater, NotAGreenDress. Moron. Liar. Quick Google search: - And is dormant, for now.

/>

No I don't know the situation & you haen't gone into very much detail. You should know that NJ doesn't take to any type of Sociual Security fraud lightly, they may or may not catch you. But if they do they will love making ab example out of you by walking you in out of court or perp walking you so the Asbury park press or Star ledger can get pictures of you are tell the world about any alleged crimes that you have committed. Just be carefull.

You are a good poster & have helped me out a few times on my own threads I apologise if I offended you, but the truth is what the truth is, & only you know what it is.

Edited by T77125

You're a young man. Here's a recipe for a good life:

1. Take care of yourself. Seek out low or no cost treatment options. If you have some mental struggles, work through them, own responsibility for that. You're not a *Admin removes vulgarity*-up and you probably are too hard on yourself sometimes but you DO own responsibility for it. Part of being an adult is managing things like... getting enough sleep. Eating good (or at least good enough). Getting some exercise. By doing these things you're treating body AND mind. Seriously man, own it. If you're over 20, you're too old to not own it.

2. Get a job. Really. The fact that you're thinking about working, that you're totally functional on a computer, that you have ideas for business ventures, etc, all these things make me believe that you CAN work. And if you can, going on SSDI is morally questionable. But even if you can get them to give you a free check every month, dude, what kind of LIFE is that? You have DECADES left here. DECADES. Your work can help give your life meaning.

3. Spend less than you make. Save. Be generous. Be a good and decent man. Be honest.

4. YOU ARE NOT A VICTIM. Nobody owes you anything. Believe these things and your life will improve.

5. Don't blame everything on your "illness" (whatever that may be.). Take ownership. Fix the things about yourself that you're not proud of or happy with.

6. Work, a little each day, at becoming truly good at something. Mastery. You want to master something. Cars, computers, construction, sales, whatever. Work at it. Really. Read books. Study it. Practice. Nurture this interest and this skill. Use it to support yourself for the rest of your life.

I'm not very religious but I like the saying "god helps those who help themselves." Well, so does creditboards. And honestly, so do most people. Most people, government agencies, charities, etc, help people who are helping themselves. I'll tell ya, if I had 2 identical people needing my help and could only help one, I'd always, 100% of the time, help the person who is working harder, doing anything they can to try to not need my help.

Joseph, I hardly ever chat with you, but I'm writing this because I had a similar talk with a young cousin of mine. I'm 30, old enough to know very few things, but young enough to remember being a 20 year old *Admin removes vulgarity* up, abusing drugs, half-assing my way through school, always looking for a scheme. It's then that i defaulted on my (very low limit) credit cards.

You have a long life ahead of you. You only get one. Make it good. Maybe my tips here are all wrong for you, fine, but do something. Because you're flailing it seems. Not working, not bettering yourself, always having an excuse. I don't mean to be hard on you but you were born a white man in the United States. You have so many advantages in this life. So many. Don't squander them.

1. Take care of yourself. Seek out low or no cost treatment options. If you have some mental struggles, work through them, own responsibility for that. You're not a *Admin removes vulgarity*-up and you probably are too hard on yourself sometimes but you DO own responsibility for it. Part of being an adult is managing things like... getting enough sleep. Eating good (or at least good enough). Getting some exercise. By doing these things you're treating body AND mind. Seriously man, own it. If you're over 20, you're too old to not own it.

2. Get a job. Really. The fact that you're thinking about working, that you're totally functional on a computer, that you have ideas for business ventures, etc, all these things make me believe that you CAN work. And if you can, going on SSDI is morally questionable. But even if you can get them to give you a free check every month, dude, what kind of LIFE is that? You have DECADES left here. DECADES. Your work can help give your life meaning.

3. Spend less than you make. Save. Be generous. Be a good and decent man. Be honest.

4. YOU ARE NOT A VICTIM. Nobody owes you anything. Believe these things and your life will improve.

5. Don't blame everything on your "illness" (whatever that may be.). Take ownership. Fix the things about yourself that you're not proud of or happy with.

6. Work, a little each day, at becoming truly good at something. Mastery. You want to master something. Cars, computers, construction, sales, whatever. Work at it. Really. Read books. Study it. Practice. Nurture this interest and this skill. Use it to support yourself for the rest of your life.

I'm not very religious but I like the saying "god helps those who help themselves." Well, so does creditboards. And honestly, so do most people. Most people, government agencies, charities, etc, help people who are helping themselves. I'll tell ya, if I had 2 identical people needing my help and could only help one, I'd always, 100% of the time, help the person who is working harder, doing anything they can to try to not need my help.

Joseph, I hardly ever chat with you, but I'm writing this because I had a similar talk with a young cousin of mine. I'm 30, old enough to know very few things, but young enough to remember being a 20 year old *Admin removes vulgarity* up, abusing drugs, half-assing my way through school, always looking for a scheme. It's then that i defaulted on my (very low limit) credit cards.

You have a long life ahead of you. You only get one. Make it good. Maybe my tips here are all wrong for you, fine, but do something. Because you're flailing it seems. Not working, not bettering yourself, always having an excuse. I don't mean to be hard on you but you were born a white man in the United States. You have so many advantages in this life. So many. Don't squander them.

Yay! I'm 31! :)

Yes. I went to a place in Jersey City today. He remembered me from when I worked there in 2008. If some assignment becomes available, he will give me a call. Low hours means I won't 100% disqualify myself.. But you are right, I have to get money.

Now.. May I ask some examples of what SSI fraud is/is not? Because I am getting mixed signals here.

Even my therapist told me to work "under the table." So, if I can get a SHORT TERM job.. I always mess up any type of normal job, the longest I have ever had a job is 9 months.. and I like the car buy/sell idea..

Yes. I went to a place in Jersey City today. He remembered me from when I worked there in 2008. If some assignment becomes available, he will give me a call. Low hours means I won't 100% disqualify myself.. But you are right, I have to get money.

Now.. May I ask some examples of what SSI fraud is/is not? Because I am getting mixed signals here.

Even my therapist told me to work "under the table." So, if I can get a SHORT TERM job.. I always mess up any type of normal job, the longest I have ever had a job is 9 months.. and I like the car buy/sell idea..

You could make a decent living fliping cheap cars provided you are handy enough to get them running. The Volvo you have for sale is a great car. Very deseriable. IMO that would be a "grey" area. You are buying a car, driving them& selling them for profit (hopefully) privately & not acting as a business, you ae paying tax & title when you register them under your name.Nothing illegal about that.

My brother in law was doing that on the side for a while as a hobby. But he would buy with his heart because he had a desire to own the car, he did not look at it as a flip. He would drive them fix them up, update them & sell them. He got burnt a few times badly because as I said he buys with his heart & not his head & never bothered to do the proper research.

I love cars & car shopping.I would be pretty good at flipping. I just don't think I have the patenice for it & dealing with all sorts of people on a lower level than me isn't appealing. Whenyou are advertising a car for less than $2000 you are gonne get a mixed bag of nuts. I don't need that headache. However, I know more about cars & trucks (big trucks) than the average person because I research everything I can. The interweb is a great tool.There are message boards for everything, & I can turn a wrench.

Now, back on topic. Gross abuse of the system would be working in any type of trade & making a certain amount of money under the table. Not sure if your issues are physical or mental but if it's bad enough that you can't hold a job you don't want to be caught doing somthing that would clearly demonstate that you are fully capable of working in a structed, physical & menatly challenging field that requires you to interact & play nice with others.

You could make a decent living fliping cheap cars provided you are handy enough to get them running. The Volvo you have for sale is a great car. Very deseriable. IMO that would be a "grey" area. You are buying a car, driving them& selling them for profit (hopefully) privately & not acting as a business, you ae paying tax & title when you register them under your name.Nothing illegal about that.

My brother in law was doing that on the side for a while as a hobby. But he would buy with his heart because he had a desire to own the car, he did not look at it as a flip. He would drive them fix them up, update them & sell them. He got burnt a few times badly because as I said he buys with his heart & not his head & never bothered to do the proper research.

I love cars & car shopping.I would be pretty good at flipping. I just don't think I have the patenice for it & dealing with all sorts of people on a lower level than me isn't appealing. Whenyou are advertising a car for less than $2000 you are gonne get a mixed bag of nuts. I don't need that headache. However, I know more about cars & trucks (big trucks) than the average person because I research everything I can. The interweb is a great tool.There are message boards for everything, & I can turn a wrench.

Now, back on topic. Gross abuse of the system would be working in any type of trade & making a certain amount of money under the table. Not sure if your issues are physical or mental but if it's bad enough that you can't hold a job you don't want to be caught doing somthing that would clearly demonstate that you are fully capable of working in a structed, physical & menatly challenging field that requires you to interact & play nice with others.

Think I should asl for $2000 for the car? Needs a water pump.

Must remove "heart" from this one because it has entered, lol

The bold reminds me of me. :D

Now, if i could take the $2000 and really flip it.. I put the "feelers" out on a board that I feel doesn't actually want it at $1500. Just to see...

Someone even suggested that I put it out there as $2500 and take best offer? :shrug:

School me on business, I can't start robbing banks or selling drugs here, no matter how movies or music make it seem.

My text, as to the "feelers:"

Also, I a seriously considering selling the car for $1500. Any interest?

* 1999, 167,509 miles as of this morning and the trans fluid (1 gallon)

changed. Oil changed. Front rotors resurfaced; new pads. Needs brakes,

most likely (no noises just age.) New line and motor mount. RUNS

PERFECTLY. NEEDS WATER PUMP AND AN A/C RECHARGE. NEEDS NOTHING ELSE. NO LIGHTS. OCCASIONAL P0455 EVAP CODE.

And, apparently, the timing belt was done by p/o... DO not have

documentation of, but rebuilt alternator and lines, yes, I have receipts

for those.

Putting the feelers out. Price low due to need for a water pump 95% sure that is what that is some scratches and slight wear on seats, not a lot but noticeable. Still super comfy. Interior is all black.

Consequences of Not Reporting Work

Social Security is cracking down on individuals who knowingly do not report work activity. What will happen when Social Security finds

unreported work activity? At the very least, you may find yourself in the situation of owing Social Security money (an overpayment), and at the worst you may find yourself being charged with Social Security fraud.

If you have an overpayment with Social Security, your benefits may be suspended until they collect all the money owed, or you may be allowed to make a payment arrangement with Social Security to pay back any money owed. Reporting all work activity will prevent overpayments and will allow you to receive information that may prevent your disability benefits from being suspended or terminated. For more information, see our article on what Social Security does when it finds an overpayment.

ALSO

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_tax_implication_regarding_being_paid_under_the_table