Sign in to follow this  
DAR77

DCU

Got in to DCU, i've heard their horror stories but my experience was pretty painless. i just wish they would have asked for everything on the initial email it would have same time.

Hope to app for a credit card after i get my packet !!

Fyi, I applied for the card even before joining. Once I was approved, I then had to join. Probably no need to wait for packet unless something changed since I joined in May.

I would app for the card now. No reason not too. If they approve it, they'll just throw a stipulation on the approval that says you must first become a member before they'll finalize it.

Took the advice, apped... got this message

Thank you for choosing DCU for your loan needs! Your loan application is being processed. A DCU representative will be in touch with you shortly.

we shall see

I just joined last week and they were great to deal with. I apped with a live rep within 2 hours of joining and was approved for their Platinum card. They even asked how much I needed.

Called in, they saw 2 apps, told them to cancel one and process the other, they asked for how much i want i said 10k, 15min later DENIED, sufficient avail credit and escalating debt.

time to garden !

With DCU since i didn't get a credit product what else can i do to get the free fico ?

Called in, they saw 2 apps, told them to cancel one and process the other, they asked for how much i want i said 10k, 15min later DENIED, sufficient avail credit and escalating debt.

time to garden !

With DCU since i didn't get a credit product what else can i do to get the free fico ?

Sorry about the decline. How did the 2 apps happen?

@trevor

They have a options to start and save a app. i started it and saved it, when i became a member i when in the app all my info was there and i submitted it. that was the 2nd app. When i called they assumed the 2nd app was the dup, wanted to run my credit for 3rd time. i said it was alread run he said yes i see it, he canceled the 1st app and subsequently declined the other one :)

Are you carrying balances?

I believe you can also open checking with direct deposit for the free FICO.