Sign in to follow this  
mmalone120

Amex CLI Success and Discover CLI?

Not sure if I say this enough but this board is great. Never would've thought to ask for an Amex CLI so soon without learning to do so from this site. 62 days since opening the account, I was just approved for triple my initial credit line. Now up to $22,500 from $7,500. If anyone else has a relatively new Amex account, attempting a CLI of triple your initial line after 61 days really works. Painless and instant approval.

Now does anyone know of any similar advice for a Discover IT account or DCU Visa? Both opened about the same time as the Amex (end of May). If not, I wonder if I should just wait until the new Amex credit line gets updated on my credit report and then try my luck with the Discover and DCU? Maybe they'll try to match or keep up with the Amex limit.

Amex.png

Discover seems to be every 6 months. You can try for a CLI on the site. If it doesn't go through I think it will be a hard pull in which case I would wait for your Amex CLI to hit yor report first

Discover seems to be every 6 months. You can try for a CLI on the site. If it doesn't go through I think it will be a hard pull in which case I would wait for your Amex CLI to hit yor report first

Good call. I just finished a round of B* so would prefer not to have any other hards for a while. If it was going to happen though, I'd definitely want to make sure the new Amex limit is being reported to get the max benefit from the hard pull.

I just recieved the Discover it card the 1st of this month. When I called to activate the card, the girl told me to ask for a CLI after 90 days. She told me "new accounts" need the 3 month period.

Not sure if I say this enough but this board is great. Never would've thought to ask for an Amex CLI so soon without learning to do so from this site. 62 days since opening the account, I was just approved for triple my initial credit line. Now up to $22,500 from $7,500. If anyone else has a relatively new Amex account, attempting a CLI of triple your initial line after 61 days really works. Painless and instant approval.

Now does anyone know of any similar advice for a Discover IT account or DCU Visa? Both opened about the same time as the Amex (end of May). If not, I wonder if I should just wait until the new Amex credit line gets updated on my credit report and then try my luck with the Discover and DCU? Maybe they'll try to match or keep up with the Amex limit.

Amex.png

Congratulations! Out of curiosity, which Amex?

I just recieved the Discover it card the 1st of this month. When I called to activate the card, the girl told me to ask for a CLI after 90 days. She told me "new accounts" need the 3 month period.

Well that'll work out well then. Around the 90 day mark (this time next month) the new Amex credit line should be reported. So I'll wait til then.

Unlikely to have similar results with DCU or Discover (these two issuers are rather conservative IME)

Apples and oranges.

Probably. Find out for sure next month.

Thanks. It's the Blue Cash Everyday.

Well that'll work out well then. Around the 90 day mark (this time next month) the new Amex credit line should be reported. So I'll wait til then.

Unlikely to have similar results with DCU or Discover (these two issuers are rather conservative IME)

Apples and oranges.

Probably. Find out for sure next month.

Thanks. It's the Blue Cash Everyday.

Thanks. The was my hunch. :)