Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

iPhone / iPad Automated B* pulls using free App

The last post in this topic was posted 2742 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I have been researching ways to automate pulls for B* using an iPhone / iPad (especially while traveling). I give much credit to Michael D. for the thread on Automate B* Puller using Macros & Firefox, but sadly I am not home very often and I needed a solution while traveling + I do not feel comfortable leaving my home
computer running 24/7 (especially while on the road).

This method is free and it will save lots of time and energy. From now on, pulls will only require one "screen tap" to login, navigate, and initiate a pull towards B*. This will semi-automate B* pulls. It saves lots of time (and yes... time is money).The only thing missing is an auto-timer to initiate the pulls.

I felt this would be beneficial to many of us here on CB. The name of the App is called "AutoWeb" (one word all-together) and is completely free on the App-Store.

I have successfully accomplished automated B* Script on my iphone / ipad for the following websites:

1. The USAA website (must click on “switch to full USAA website” at the bottom of the page, cannot auto-pull in mobile format)
  1. EIDT website (works great on the mobile website, it appears that mobile/non-mobile website are identical.)
  1. The EQ website (mobile version of the site works just fine to pull toward B*, just loads slowly)
  1. SC Website (untested, may need to switch from mobile site to full website)
  1. TUP Website (untested, may need to switch from mobile site to full website)
  1. AX Site (untested, may need to switch from mobile site to full website

Installation Instructions:

Step #1: Once you have downloaded “AutoWeb” from the app-store on your iphone or ipad then simply open up the file.

Step #2: Click on the “+” character to add a website (I think the 1st time you open it you can skip to Step #3 as you may not need to press the "+" character).

Step #3: Add the name of your choice (this is for your reference to assign the name of the puller)

Step #4: Enter in puller URL (http://yourpullerhere.com)

Step #5: Reset Cookies to “ON”

Step #6: Click on “Record” this will open up the application web-browser and then input your username and password,keep clicking on the screen through all the prompts to pull your updated CR.

Step#7: Click on “Done” in the upper right hand corner to stop your recorded session. To save your recorded pull session click “Done” again and your session will be saved, then you’ll exit to the home screen. If you mess up while recording simply click “Done while recording & then click on “Record” again select “YES” to overwrite your previous recorded session.

Step #8: Test your automated script by simply clicking on name you assigned to the puller. (please keep in mind that the app is running through all the steps for you and may take some time to process). You’ll see a progress bar on your screen to indicate the progress. You will not see your login and password being typed in, they are invisible. You will however see the screenshots cycle as it goes through the motions of logging you in and pulling your CR. Be patient here as the processes are working.

Step #9: To add a 2nd puller simply click on the “+” character and repeat steps above.

Step #10: Add an alarm to alert you of when it is time to start your next pulls (+2 minutes to be safe).

Step #11: Once your alarm has alerted you to pull, everything can be done by opening up the app and simply pressing one button. (easy as pie)

** As an added note there is no password on this App used to automate (semi-automate) pulls, so please take precautionary measures and add a password to your iphone / ipad if you have not already done so.

ENJOY Accomplishing B* while on the road & saving much needed time and energy! :D

Edited by creditmmax

I'm asking Mom to promote you. :D

Thank you Bob :wave: - I'm always looking for ways to improve and share valuable information here on CB.

Excellent work LI. I personally don't have an IOS device, but I'm sure this will help others.

Excellent work LI. I personally don't have an IOS device, but I'm sure this will help others.

May be another reason why you should have one :P

So much for all those naysayers who thought the iPhone was a solution in search of a problem. :lol:

A well-deserved promotion, congrats BI LI!

Thank you everyone for all the positive feedback.

BW = +1 Awww yes ...JET LI a distant cousin (found one of my favorite Jet Li Clips below, enjoy - there are some funny parts in it too :rofl: !)

Edited by creditmmax

/>

May be another reason why you should have one :P

+1

iConverted :)

/>So much for all those naysayers who thought the iPhone was a solution in search of a problem. :lol:

A well-deserved promotion, congrats BI LI!

I only use mine for FaceTime with one person. Otherwise, I would have a Note 2....

I had a 4S...just sold it on ebay for $225. I have a mac mini and my brother has lots of IOS devices if I ever need them.

/>I had a 4S...just sold it on ebay for $225. I have a mac mini and my brother has lots of IOS devices if I ever need them.

4S here as well. Typing and posting here from Safari.

If my friend wasn't a dedicated Apple head and wanted specifically FaceTime, as opposed to Skype or Tango, I'd have some kind of Samsung Galaxy.. Probably a Note 2.

But, FaceTime it is, so ill let my 14-day window close. It's not a bad phone ; it's just small, and I don't like it.

Kudos to creditmmax!!! I'm going to set this up tomorrow when its time for me to pull again so that I can go thru all of the steps. I too am out and about a lot so this will definitely be put to use!!

And now I don't have a reason for missing a day anymore.

After this round I should be able to let go of these services and save some $$$$!!

THANK YOU!!!!

Kudos to creditmmax!!! I'm going to set this up tomorrow when its time for me to pull again so that I can go thru all of the steps. I too am out and about a lot so this will definitely be put to use!!

And now I don't have a reason for missing a day anymore.

After this round I should be able to let go of these services and save some $$$$!!

THANK YOU!!!!

Your welcome. I hope it comes in as a handy tool to help with B*...

kudos.jpg

BTW thanks for the Kudos --- I was hungry :grin:

This is great!!!

Glad you like it!

So I set it up today and its just like using any other macro. Just do what you normally do to pull your report!

However on the first time, due to the websites not recognizing the computer (iPhone), I had to answer some security questions and then mark this computer (iPhone) as a device to remember.

I might have to re-record the steps again to remove those security clicks, but so what! This is fantastic! Now what bugs me is that $%&^#*& Equifax....Lawd is there site slow and clunky!

But at least I can jut run the macro, sit back and continue working :grin:.

So I set it up today and its just like using any other macro. Just do what you normally do to pull your report!

However on the first time, due to the websites not recognizing the computer (iPhone), I had to answer some security questions and then mark this computer (iPhone) as a device to remember.

I might have to re-record the steps again to remove those security clicks, but so what! This is fantastic! Now what bugs me is that $%&^#*& Equifax....Lawd is there site slow and clunky!

But at least I can jut run the macro, sit back and continue working :grin:.

Great feedback! Glad it is working out for you ... this method has saved me lots of time :good:

The last post in this topic was posted 2742 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.