Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Wish I had found WhyChat's credit confusion earlier

The last post in this topic was posted 1851 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

An OC health care provider can NOT report directly to the credit bureaus.

On the accounts that are still "stuck" to your reports have you sent the medical DV to the CAs?? have you sent the follow up dispute to the CRAs??

Is this ( the follow up dispute) the reason for the response from any CRA??

Give it a rest for a few weeks and then go to the back door of ALL your reports to see what is actually going on.

An OC health care provider can NOT report directly to the credit bureaus.

Hello Why chat......Optimum is not the original creditor. Sentara is and they sent the collection to optimum. I think they are stiil in a relationship with sentara the original creditor. Optimum reported to the CA not the OC (sentara). Can I pay them?

On the accounts that are still "stuck" to your reports have you sent the medical DV to the CAs??

Yes

have you sent the follow up dispute to the CRAs??

Yes, but I sent the wrong acct# in one of the dispute letters can I resend with the correct acct#?

Is this ( the follow up dispute) the reason for the response from any CRA??

Huh not sure I understand ?

Give it a rest for a few weeks and then go to the back door of ALL your reports to see what is actually going on.

Edited by angeliceyes22

The back door is a way of checking your current reports.

You go to the CRA website and click on new dispute, ( be careful to NOT opt back in)

DO NOT ACTUALLY FILE A NEW DISPUTE

The only way you can tell what is going on is to see if the accounts you disputed are still there, or showing as "disputed by consumer" or "investigation pending" It is pointless to send another dispute with a "correct" account # unless and until you see what is actually going on.

Hi Why chat sorry I forgot to mention this but I have already received my results in the mail from Equifax and Experian.

Experian I have 4 remaining

Optimum

reported 08/2013

date of 1st delinquency 04/12

ARS

reported 08/2013

date of 1st delinquency 01/2011

Equidata

reported 03/2013

date opened 05/2011

Equidata

Date opened 11/2007

reported 01/2008

Equifax

Optimum

reported on 08/2013

1st delinquency 04/2012

ARS

reported 08/2013

date if 1st delinquency 01/2011

When I sent out the follow up letter to the CRA it had the wrong account number. Why Chat can I send the follow up letter again?

Also I received a reply from all the CA I think optimum might still have a relationship with the original creditor. The OC is Sentara and Sentara sent the collection to optimum. Optimum still has the collection, does this mean they are still in a relationship with the OC? Optimum date of 1st delinquency was in April of 2012.

Thanks Why Chat for all your help this is so confusing to me.

Hi Why chat sorry I forgot to mention this but I have already received my results in the mail from Equifax and Experian.

Experian I have 4 remaining

Optimum

reported 08/2013

date of 1st delinquency 04/12

ARS

reported 08/2013

Equidata

reported 03/2013

date opened 05/2011

Equidata

Date opened 11/2007

reported 01/2008

Equifax

Optimum

reported on 08/2013

1st delinquency 04/2012

ARS

reported 08/2013

date if 1st delinquency 01/2011

When I sent out the follow up letter to the CRA it had the wrong account number. Why Chat can I send the follow up letter again?

Also I received a reply from all the CA I think optimum might still have a relationship with the original creditor. The OC is Sentara and Sentara sent the collection to optimum. Optimum still has the collection, does this mean they are still in a relationship with the OC? Optimum date of 1st delinquency was in April of 2012.

Thanks Why Chat for all your help this is so confusing to me.

You do not understand, The ONLY party you can or should EVER pay is the OC ORIGINAL CREDITOR HEALTH CARE PROVIDER. If Sentara is a health care facility then yes, they are the OC, otherwise NOT.

Did you have insurance?? do you have your EOMBs?

Hi Why chat and your correct I do not understand all this its completely over my head. :sorry: I do know for sure that Sentara is the hospital where I had treatment at so they are the original health care provider a health care facility like you said.

Also I had insurance this is what is remaining after insurance paid there part.

Thanks for your patience with me whychat I will be glad when I get this taken care of so I can buy my first home. :wave:

OK, don't worry, I sometimes lose track of the advice I am giving and I designed the programs!!

Sentara is the OC health care facility.

The amount that you owe is documented on your EOMBs from your insurance

You have confirmation of a current relationship between the OC Sentara and the reporting CA

Pay Sentara the amount your EOMB says you owe ( patient responsibility) with the HIPAA letter insert "a"

http://www.whychat.5u.com/hipltr.html

Hello Whychat thought I would take a break and let the dust settle.

A quick refresher I opted out deleted old addresses and I have completed all the steps including the DVR and follow up letter to CRA.

This is what is remaining.

Experian

ARS

reported 08/2013

date of service 08/04/2010

Received a letter stating: As you are already aware, ARS represent the doctor who provide services in healthcare facilities throughout the country. In response to youor request for verification of debt we have listed the information below. ARS has confirmed the outstanding balance of 384.00. This past due amount remains outstanding from services provided on the following date:

08/04/2010 SE EMERGENCY PHYSICIANS

The account is delinquent and may have been reported to the credit bureaus.

Equidata

reported 03/2013

date opened 05/2011

date of service 11/09/2010

received a computer screen snap shot for verification with insurance name and my Dr. name.

Equidata

Date opened 11/2007

reported 01/2008

date of service 7/15/2007

received a computer screen snap shot for verification with insurance name and my Dr. name.

Equifax

ARS

reported 08/2013

So Ars is reporting to Equifax and Experian, Who do I file a complaint with? The CRA or CA?

The other two are reporting on Experian only so do I file a complaint against Experian?

and do I file a FTC and the CFPB complaint or just a CFPB?

Thanks for all your help Whychat

These three collections are keeping me from buying a home hopefully this will take care of these last three.

Edited by angeliceyes22

Hi Why chat .... you must be talking about this account

Optimum

reported on 08/2013

1st delinquency 04/2012

Well before I could pay them it disappeared on my Experian and my Equifax credit report so I know I need to get a copy of my credit report and keep it for 3 years. Equifax will not let me use the back door anymore but I will try Experian.

Do you think any of the other accounts could be from the OC. I would love to pay them and get them off of my report but I am not sure if its from the OC. What do you think Whychat.

Hi Why chat .... you must be talking about this account

Optimum

reported on 08/2013

1st delinquency 04/2012

Well before I could pay them it disappeared on my Experian and my Equifax credit report so I know I need to get a copy of my credit report and keep it for 3 years. Equifax will not let me use the back door anymore but I will try Experian.

Do you think any of the other accounts could be from the OC. I would love to pay them and get them off of my report but I am not sure if its from the OC. What do you think Whychat.

A health care provider is prohibited from reporting directly, they all have to go through a CA. I am afraid I don't understand your question. Please summarize what is reporting to whom, what you have sent and what results you have obtained.

Hi Why chat let me summarize what I have done.

I started out with 8 baddies on my Equifax account, 8 on my Transunion account and 8 on my Experian.

1. I opted out
  2. I received my MIB report
  3. I deleted old address on Transunion
  4. I deleted old address on Equifax
  5. I deleted old address on Experian. (would not delete all but deleted most of them)
  6. I sent out my pre Hippa Letters to Transunion, Equifax and Experian
  7. Transunion deleted all trade lines :grin:

Equifax - started with 8 baddies 3 remaining after the pre-hippa letter. Then I sent out the medical DVR to the CA and the follow up letter to the CRA. I now have one trade lines on my Equifax account.

This is that baddie:

ARS (COLLECTION AGENCY) (on Experian and Equifax)

reported 08/2013

The collection Agency sent a validation letter this is what it said word for word:

As you are already aware, ARS represent the doctor who provide services in healthcare facilities throughout the country. In response to your request for verification of debt we have listed the information below. ARS has confirmed the outstanding balance of 384.00. This past due amount remains outstanding from services provided on the following date:

08/04/2010 SE EMERGENCY PHYSICIANS

The account is delinquent and may have been reported to the credit bureaus

Is this considered verification Whychat?

I started out with 8 baddie on my Experian report after the pre-hippa letter I had 5 remaining. I sent out the medical DVR to the CA and the follow up letter to the CRA. I have 3 accounts remaining on my Experian account.

Equidata (COLLECTION AGENCY)

reported 03/2013

date opened 05/2011

I received a verification letter from the CA that looked like a computer screen snap shot with insurance name and my Dr. name.

Is this considered verification Whychat?

Date opened 11/2007

reported 01/2008

Received a computer screen snap shot for verification with insurance name and my Dr. name.

ARS (COLLECTION AGENCY)(same baddie on my Experian and my Equifax report)

reported 08/2013

So I have 1 baddie on my Equifax report, 3 on my Experian and no baddies on my Transunion report.

what do I do next Whychat? do I file a complaint if so against who?

This is a small amount and under 4 years old, so pay it with the HIPAA letter insert "a"

reported 03/2013

date opened 05/2011

Is the one that is on all 3 reports with a date of service in 2010 a valid bill??-- does it match your records?? If so, pay the OC health care provider with the HIPAA letter insert "a"

http://whychat.5u.com/hipltr.html

Wait until that is done before tackling the last one

the last 2007 one--

Date opened 11/2007

reported 01/2008

75.00 will likely fall off as soon as you send in an "obsolete" dispute which you can do on line as soon as the results of the ones you are paying are complete

This is a small amount and under 4 years old, so pay it with the HIPAA letter insert "a"

reported 03/2013

date opened 05/2011

44.00 ok will get a money order from my bank today for this one

reported 08/2013

This is the one that is on Equifax and Experian it is not on Transunion( Transunion is clear)

I have checked my records Why chat I couldn't find any record of this account with ARS. I called the OC because I had to check on a current bill and they told me that the bill was turned over to a (CA/lawyer) I do have a record of this Whychat. So I don't think ARS is in a current relationship with the OC. What do you think Why chat?

Are you saying you have NO record of this bill other than the collection notices??

The letter you got from ARS is confirmation of a current relationship -- the question is -- IS THIS A VALID BILL??

Did you have medical services on that date from that HC provider?? If you had insurance do you have your EOMB??

Are you saying you have NO record of this bill other than the collection notices??I do have a record of this bill with the 1st collection agency that the OC sent the bill to not ARS

The letter you got from ARS is confirmation of a current relationship -- the question is -- IS THIS A VALID BILL??yes

Did you have medical services on that date from that HC provider?? yes If you had insurance do you have your EOMB?? I didn't have insurance

I can pay them if you think they have a current relationship with the OC. Thanks Why chat

The letter you received from ARS is proof of their current relationship as it has your private medical data. They may be affiliated with the original CA which was likely an "in house" collection service of the HC provider.

Pay the OC with the HIPAA letter insert "a"

http://whychat.5u.com/hipltr.html

AFTER you check with the Health Care Blue Book to find the discounted rate for your medical services:

https://www.healthcarebluebook.com/

Hi Why chat,

I have sent the Hippa insert (a) along with cashiers check to the OC and my bank says it was deposited by the OC. I am confused what to do next, do I send the next letter to the CRA and send a copy to the OC (legal department ) with the cover letter that is listed?

Hello Whychat,

just a recap of where I am:

I started out with 8 baddies on my Equifax account, 8 on my Transunion account and 8 on my Experian.

1. I opted out
  2. I received my MIB report
  3. I deleted old address on Transunion
  4. I deleted old address on Equifax
  5. I deleted old address on Experian. (would not delete all but deleted most of them)
  6. I sent out my pre Hippa Letters to Transunion, Equifax and Experian
  7. Transunion deleted all trade lines :grin:

This is what was remaining after all the other steps.

reported 08/2013

Paid with hippa insert A per your advise and cashier check was cashed on 2/3/2014 by the OC.

reported 03/2013

date opened 05/2011

Paid with hippa insert A per your advise and cashier check was cashed on 1/29/2014

I then sent the follow up letter to the CRA asking them to reinvestigate. Of course Experian verified these items belong to me and Equifax also verified the Item belongs to me. So it is still reporting as unpaid

Why chat my goal is to get a house, I talked to a loan officer and he said that as long as the collections are medical and under 1000 I can still qualify.

He would not qualify me because I told him I had paid these collection. He is thinking that the collections will update and bring my score down.

So he said call him back in 30 days after it has updated. Well it never updated so I'm thinking that maybe I should leave everything alone for right now and see can I get pre approved. What do you think Why Chat?

Thanks again Why chat for all your help.

Send the reporting CA this:( 2 letters, one for Ex and one for Eq in the same certified mail envelope)

Your Name
123 Your Street Address
Your City, ST 01234

ABC Collections
123 NotOnYourLife Ave
Chicago, IL
Date: _________ CM#____________
Re: Acct # XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is being sent to you in response to your recent verification of a medical account on my (name of CRA) report.

This is not a refusal to pay, but a notice that your claim is disputed.

Please attach copies of:
Agreement with your client that grants you the authority to collect on this alleged debt,or proof of acquisition by purchase or assignment. and authorization under subtitle D of the ARRA ,SEC. 13401. APPLICATION OF SECURITY PROVISIONS AND PENALTIES TO BUSINESS ASSOCIATES OF COVERED ENTITIES;and SEC. 13407(1) BREACH OF SECURITY.— Please note that enforcement of penalties against you is covered under the penalty rules of the Omnibus Final Rule effective 09/23/2013.

Please also be advised that this letter is not only a formal dispute, but a request that you cease and desist any and all collection activities, including reporting of; or verifying of this account on my credit reports.

Your receipt of this letter will be considered as having granted consent to the taping of any and all telephone calls to me at my home or business by you or your agents or assigns

I require compliance with the terms and conditions of this letter within 30 days. or a complete withdrawal, in writing, of any claim.
In the event of noncompliance, I reserve the right to file charges and/or complaints with the OCR on your HIPAA violations and appropriate County, State & Federal authorities ,the BBB and State Bar associations for violations of the FDCPA, FCRA, and Federal and State statutes on fraudulent extortion and illegal collection activities on an account that has been paid in full and subject to the provisions of Public Law 104-191 ("HIPAA") since there can be no permissible business purpose in divulging protected health information to anyone on an account once there is no longer any payment due.

In addition the new Omnibus Final Rule states:when patients pay out of pocket in full, they can instruct their provider to refrain from sharing information.This account was paid in full to ( name of OC)on 1/29/2014 and included this letter of instruction.

I also hereby reserve my right to take private civil action against you to recover damages.

Sincerely,

Your Name(PRINT OR TYPE DO NOT SIGN)

Why chat this creditor is only showing on Experian not on Equifax or Transunion so do I send the letter to the CA or Experian?

reported 03/2013

date opened 05/2011

this is on both Exp and Equifax so I send two letters in same envelopes to the CA.

reported 08/2013

Also do you think they might update as paid? (scared it will bring my score down)

One more question do I send it CMRR

Why chat this creditor is only showing on Experian not on Equifax or Transunion so do I send the letter to the CA or Experian?

reported 03/2013

date opened 05/2011

this is on both Exp and Equifax so I send two letters in same envelopes to the CA.

reported 08/2013

Also do you think they might update as paid? (scared it will bring my score down)

One more question do I send it CMRR

The letter I suggested to be sent to the reporting CA is ONLY for the account you paid to the OC with the HIPAA letter insert "a"

DO NOT send the CRAs the follow up dispute for THIS letter.

You never send CMRR to a CA because they will NOT sign for it.

Send the other. CAs the standard medical DV

http://whychat.5u.com/ltrcavalhipaa.html

You then send the follow up dispute to the CRAs

http://whychat.5u.com/ltrcavalhipaa.html#DISPUTE

The last post in this topic was posted 1851 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.