road block

access

The last post in this topic was posted 3423 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hi CB members,

I'v been a member for about a year now sucking up all the info I can. I'v sent out plenty of letters and made tons of phone calls.

I was successful in removing around 16 negatives off my report all of them were paid accounts but, Now I hit a road block and need anyone and everyone's advice since i'm running out of time. To start I only have 4 items left on my reports and, after all others were removed my score went up a few points but not much to make a difference. My score was at low 500's and now after all paid collection were removed (16 or more) it topped off at 565. I need to be in the mid 600 to take out a mortgage on a investment property I bought 1 1/2 years ago on a two contract if I cant get financing to pay off the land contract i took i could loss this investment and all of the time and money I put into it. So this is what I got let me know what my best coarse of action should be..

score:565

collections: first premier bank charge off $450.00 have sent all and every letter, will not PTD only reduce to 30%

first premier bank charge off $450.00 " " will not PTD only reduce to 30%

att sold to alfi $200.00 will not respond to any of my PTD letters but confirmed with CRA's

we energies charge off $1800.00 sent dv letters and confirmed with CRA

all of these accounts are within the sol and are all legit I currently have no open card. should I pay off these accounts or should i open up some secured cards or take out a auto loan what will raise my score 100 points fast???????? please respond need help bad thanks

I dont know of any magic to fix this, I'm sure others on this board will have input.

Also consider-

At this point maybe look to partner with someone? Silent partner with cash in their SDIRA. or find someone to purchase and lease-back with an option for another couple years. Go have a chat with your dentist about all his cash earning .1% :) Really, I would look into alternative financing. Maybe you can get the guy to sign a one year note as a refi out of what you have now? Offer some cash if he signs a new note so he takes you serious. Maybe even list it for sale as your pursuing financing so you can line up some fall back offers and you can pay off the note and maybe have a chance of getting some of your cash back.

I wish you the best!

Edited by Slow Ride

Hi CB members,

I'v been a member for about a year now sucking up all the info I can. I'v sent out plenty of letters and made tons of phone calls.

I was successful in removing around 16 negatives off my report all of them were paid accounts but, Now I hit a road block and need anyone and everyone's advice since i'm running out of time. To start I only have 4 items left on my reports and, after all others were removed my score went up a few points but not much to make a difference. My score was at low 500's and now after all paid collection were removed (16 or more) it topped off at 565. I need to be in the mid 600 to take out a mortgage on a investment property I bought 1 1/2 years ago on a two contract if I cant get financing to pay off the land contract i took i could loss this investment and all of the time and money I put into it. So this is what I got let me know what my best coarse of action should be..

collections: first premier bank charge off $450.00 have sent all and every letter, will not PTD only reduce to 30%

att sold to alfi $200.00 will not respond to any of my PTD letters but confirmed with CRA's

all of these accounts are within the sol and are all legit I currently have no open card. should I pay off these accounts or should i open up some secured cards or take out a auto loan what will raise my score 100 points fast???????? please respond need help bad thanks

when you are talking fast.. i say nothing will get you 100 points fast with what you have available... the quickest could be getting added onto a high limit card as an AU with perfect payment history and deep age on it.. may still not give you 100 points however.. thats your quick results measure right there. Outside of that, you are definitely looking at what gains you could get from deletions of those accounts which is still rather risky simply because you are still within SOL.. did you go back and check to ensure old addresses were not reinserted.. assuming you deleted them initially and opted out. Especiallly if they will not take PFD.. only other thing that may help a little bit as a last ditch option is to simply pay them and see if the balance changing to 0 will affect you by the DTI ratio but other than that.. im stumped

Not having an open card/account is hurting you, but getting one now won't be a quick fix. The AU idea is a good one, and I'd get a secured card if you can't get approved otherwise. I have 15 negative accounts and 1 collection and my score is 577. My guess is your debts are newer AND you have no open credit lines reporting good. Best of luck. Try the AU rout and see if you can get your own card. Still going to be at least 30 days, minimum.

Where did you get the score of 565? And did you apply for a secured or unsecured card?

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk 2

I have one year of trans union monitoring and creditkarma witch is vantage score. I applied on line for the card they recommended unsecured.

access, if you have been on this site for a year you are doing something wrong. You need to go back and re read all of the newb areas.

It has only been discussed on this site 2300 times that you MUST have open and positive TL's. If you would have opened a secured card a year ago it would probably be unsecured now.

Have you jack attacked? Have you sent DV letters?

IMO, it seems like you need to start over on the collections and open some positives. In 5 months on this site I have removed a handful of accounts and have taken my FICO's from low 500 to low 600 so if you get on the program the correct way you should be able to get your financing within a year.

Good Luck..

Get copies of all three reports direct from AnnualCreditReport.com. The score you get from Credit Karma is not what the lender will use, you need your actual FICO score to see where you stand. There is a thread about where to get your FICO score.

You need to apply for a secured card, see the thread referenced above. You need more than 1 tradeline showing positive history for a mortgage, probably at least 3. So you may want to apply for more than 1 secured card or you can try a subprime lender such as Continental Finance, the fees are outrageous and not sure how favorable it would look on your credit report when being reviewed by a underwriter for a mortgage , especially on a investment property. It screams, I had bad credit. Underwriting guidelines are tighter on investment properties. I believe if you try and apply for the Capital One secured you may be denied because of a application within the last 30 days, so dont waste inquiries applying with them again for now. If you only want to apply for one secured, once it starts reporting you may be able to get approved for a store card from Comenity using the shopping cart trick and a unsecured card from Capital One. The inquiries will lower your score temporarily but dont worry about that right now. However, unless you get added as an AU as mentioned above, I do not see you getting where you need to be in 6 months time.

Find out what the requirements are for the financing you are trying to secure for this property. It is most likely higher than the requirements for a primary residence.

I agree with the other posters your progress for a year should be alot better then what it is your major mistake was not adding positives during the cleaning process. We all cannot be fortunate enough to get approved for a secured card that graduates so since your in a time crunch I would advise you to get a First Progress, or Open Sky no hard pull and they will report before you even get the card.

I have heard of it working. I have also heard of credit issuers catching on and closing all related accounts across multiple companies for multiple people linked via AU while F/Ring to hell and possibly banning the people who were caught.

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Tapatalk 2

Hi CB members,

Hello access, sorry to hijack your thread, am on my journey to remove a PAID account off my reports.For now I have opted out and disputed the OLD ADDRESS and waiting for the results.Am not sure what should my next step be after I get the results, should I DV the CA or dispute the account with CRA??? Your help is appreciated.

Here is the DV letter am planning to send http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=514507&hl=

Hi CB members,

Hello access, sorry to hijack your thread, am on my journey to remove a PAID account off my reports.For now I have opted out and disputed the OLD ADDRESS and waiting for the results.Am not sure what should my next step be after I get the results, should I DV the CA or dispute the account with CRA??? Your help is appreciated.

Here is the DV letter am planning to send http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=514507&hl=

If you have questions that do not pertain to the OP, please start your own thread.

The last post in this topic was posted 3423 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.