Sign in to follow this  
lukegotswag

Zales - Authorized User But Didnt Ask For Social

Can Anyone Confirm that being an AU on a Zales card reports for them.. or not. I was added to one today and they did not ask her for my social nor address an we are in seperate residences... not sure if they have some other random means of getting this done though as I have seen others confirm Zales reporting for them. Please advise.

It reported for me without my social on EX and TU. According to BobWang, EQ is known for not reporting AUs.

It reported for me without my social on EX and TU. According to BobWang, EQ is known for not reporting AUs.

this is what i was wondering... so do they simply report it per the name and address.. cause i dont live there either... but wondering if it would simply add that address to my file as result. cause i mean the name itself cant possibly be enough can it? im missing SOMETHING here

/>

this is what i was wondering... so do they simply report it per the name and address.. cause i dont live there either... but wondering if it would simply add that address to my file as result. cause i mean the name itself cant possibly be enough can it? im missing SOMETHING here

I was an AU on my mother's account and we do not live at the same address. I never gave my SS# or address. I have no idea how they "found" me, but they did.

/>

I was an AU on my mother's account and we do not live at the same address. I never gave my SS# or address. I have no idea how they "found" me, but they did.

:rofl: FOund :rofl:

The store (Zales) could probably care less who gets an AU card because the person who opened the account is the only one with any legal liability to pay. I don't see how anybody could report activity on your report for an account you have no control over.

/>The store (Zales) could probably care less who gets an AU card because the person who opened the account is the only one with any legal liability to pay. I don't see how anybody could report activity on your report for an account you have no control over.

AUs get reported all the time. Nothing new.

I can't imagine it being a negative thing unless you are worried that the cardholder won't make the payments which would possibly ding your credit?