Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

High Limits for Citi and Chase?

The last post in this topic was posted 2665 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Does anyone know what is considered a "high limit" by Citi and Chase? I know that it is very tailored to the individual but what I am referring to is the ~$25K Amex limit where a FR is needed / usually required to go beyond. Does anyone know at what point Chase and Citi start dig into the details? Anyone have high limits with Chase or Citi for an extended time and not have any "audit" requested? Thx in advance!!!

/>Does anyone know what is considered a "high limit" by Citi and Chase? I know that it is very tailored to the individual but what I am referring to is the ~$25K Amex limit where a FR is needed / usually required to go beyond. Does anyone know at what point Chase and Citi start dig into the details? Anyone have high limits with Chase or Citi for an extended time and not have any "audit" requested? Thx in advance!!!

On personal cards I haven't heard of FRs aside from Amex. I think other issuers just stop bumping you up past their own exposure limit in the first place.

I just unabashedly bumped one of my Citi cards to $25,000 (my other newish card with them is at $15,000). Both are Visa Signature cards so I could presumably spend much more than the $40,000 in combined "limits".

I don't think these limits are even necessarily that "high" compared to others who are more qualified and/or who have a longer history with Citi.

Edited by cv91915

I am at 40k with Chase over a couple of cards, never asked for any docs. My DW has around 45k with Citi, same thing. Only times I have heard of docs being requested is Amex F/R, Discover if you want a CL >$25k, and credit unions...of course, YMMV.

I have a 38k Chase Sapphire card. Used to be a platinum card back in 2000, then it was changed to a Freedom, now a Sapphire. I kept asking for CLIs every 6 months until I hit my max exposure. Never once did I have to provide paystubs, etc.

Thanks for replies...seems like there are not many chase or citi limits beyond 25k - from what I can tell. I have read about a few higher here and there but seems like 25k is common on a single card but 30k or 40k is very uncommon on one card. The fidelity cards seem to have some very high limits as well...

/>I have a 38k Chase Sapphire card. Used to be a platinum card back in 2000, then it was changed to a Freedom, now a Sapphire. I kept asking for CLIs every 6 months until I hit my max exposure. Never once did I have to provide paystubs, etc.

Wow congrats on 38k on sapphire - great limit! Do you have other chase cards or just the one? Wondering if they would prefer 3 10k cards or one 30k card on your profile? Or maybe it doesn't matter and is just based on overall exposure limit.

Anyone think 3 10k cards or 1 30k card is better for FICO?

Just that single card. I've thought about asking Chase to match my 45k NFCU as my income has increased by about 25k over the last year.

Thanks for replies...seems like there are not many chase or citi limits beyond 25k - from what I can tell. I have read about a few higher here and there but seems like 25k is common on a single card but 30k or 40k is very uncommon on one card. The fidelity cards seem to have some very high limits as well...

I wish I'd asked for more than $25,000.. :) ... But this was my first Citi card and I was only two months in...

The last post in this topic was posted 2665 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.