What is the best rate with 638 trasunion score ? Need Advice

Kuilan23

The last post in this topic was posted 3496 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Las week I ran the annual credit score from equifax and says that I have 683 and its seen as an Average/Good credit score. So yesterday I went to a dealer to buy a Nissan CPO and they run a fico score and I obtained a 638 score. they approve me for an amount $19,500 an interest rate of 8.49 for 60 months. I believe that interest will match with a 72 months term intead of the 60 months term, but they said that the problem is my "poor" trasunion credit score. I need Advice please.... 8.9% APR is a good rate for a CPO car ???

8.9% good? Not sure, but it doesn't look bad for a FICO of 638. At least to me.... especially with not knowing anything other than a score.

I'm saying this because in the mortgage world, many lenders won't give to a mortgage till you had a mid score of 640. And even then, depending on what's on your report, they will deny.

Can you get a better rate? Probably so, but you're going to need to shop your financing... Check with different credit unions to see what they might offer you.. A face to face with a local CU might be best. Check with Nissan financing to see if they're running any specials on CPO vehicles. I know Toyota is...

BTW, if that's the 1st number the dealer threw at you, they can probably do better... Dealers get wholesale rates, that they can mark up.

The first APR rate that they gave to me was 9.9% (60 months). The thing is that with equifax I have a score of 683. Does other companies use Equifax insted of TransUnion ?

How much will be the rate with those scores if I buy a new car insted of a used one ?

/>The first APR rate that they gave to me was 9.9% (60 months). The thing is that with equifax I have a score of 683. Does other companies use Equifax insted of TransUnion ?

How much will be the rate with those scores if I buy a new car insted of a used one ?

The thing is you really never know what your score is and they are probably pulling a auto enhanced score which is generally lower then your actual score.

A new car may be a few points less but you could possibly get a 0% with some dealers.

The last post in this topic was posted 3496 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.