Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Not Mine..or Obsolete Disputes

The last post in this topic was posted 2625 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I have several different accounts, including a foreclosed mortgage loan and couple charge-offs set to fall off in December of this year. I am anxious to dispute them now as they are having a tremendous weight on the score. I have deleted all addresses off EQ and Trans and of couse not Experian for OBVIOUS reasons. Nonetheless, would it be better for me to dispute saying NOT FAMILIAR WITH THESE ACCOUNTS or should i dispute as obsolete since many say they get much luck in the months (sometimes year) leading up to date of deletion.

ps...

SOme of these accounts have a notation that they were dismissed in a Chapter 13 plan that i never completed. Does this offer any leverage especially on the one report where i got the bankruptcy notation deleted?

Using the "not mine" is a good way to get a fraud allert accross all three Cra's

If they fall off in December you can try using obsolete.. which would be the better option.

Transunion in the past has deleted obsolete accounts generally within six months

Equifax in the past has also deleted obsolete accounts generally within six months

Experian is usually around three

Ok Update

So this morning I got an alert from Transunion stating that I had a new bankruptcy showing up on my Equifax report... the one i JUST GOT the deletion notification from. So i go in the EQ backdoor and i see nothing. Ok.. im not convinced. So i call Equifax and ask the nice rep if she sees anything.. she sees no public records and asks if there was anything else on my report i wanted to question....

so tempting....and so i bit...

I went ahead and ON THE PHONE *dont shoot me* disputed all the accounts that showed Dismissed in bankruptcy or deleted clarifying to her...

"as you can see the bankruptcy was a same name error and of course these cannot be mine as the bankruptcy was not mine"

so she politely agreed and then asked me if any information in my personal information section was incorrect.. since i disputed all name variations as well as addresses early in the game, I told her that at this point everything was correct. She pretty much said she would send communication over to the creditors in order to verify and for me to check the status online and took my email where i can be emailed the results as well. So at this point...all accounts being out of SOL...all addresses attached to those accounts being deleted...and to my knowledge...No Fraud Alert at this point... I will see what comes of this.

Keep you guys updated

update from Equifax this morning saying that they are still working on the dispute..... awwww...what courtesy..lol

Ain't they sweet....

Just noticed I never updated this... anyhow.. per the accounts i disputed that were marked IIB ... none were removed and they still mention the bankruptcy that does not exist on my EQ report anymore. Any creative approaches to this?

The last post in this topic was posted 2625 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Gmcewanjohnson
      I've heard that you can dispute and remove obsoletes from experian within 6 months of the 7 year mark, and was wondering if this was true cause I didn't want to waste my one shot.

The only way so far I have been able to dispute obsoletes is over the phone, I did it for the first time a few months back and had everything I disputed removed but were all within 2 months of the 7 year mark, do you think I can do it again and have everything within 6 months removed?

I've been having a lot of luck with transunion online seems they delete automatically if you delete it as obsolete within 6 months of being obsolete.

Equifax I have not had any luck with having them remove anything as obsolete. I only had two more I need to remove that fall off in 4/15 and they said they won't remove them.
    • By Recovery77
      I was looking at my credit reports today, and I noticed something odd on my EQ report. My date of birth has the wrong month. I was born in October (10) and EQ has my birth month as January (01). It is clear what happened, whoever input my data simply transposed the digits, turning a 10 into a 01.

That being said, it might also not be that simple of an error. Perhaps there is a tradeline that has January (wrong month) in my DOB and EQ updated my information on that tradeline's reported DOB.

Either way, this seems like an opportunity. Correct me if I am wrong, but if tradelines are disputed based on a "not mine" approach, could a mismatch in DOB be significant?

• By nikkih901
      A few weeks ago I started the initial dispute process for 3 medical collections that I discovered on my CBR from 2009 and 2013. Although I have not received an official response via mail from TU, I just logged in to my Credit Karma account and saw that one collection (reported by Central Financial Control) was updated on 12-26-14 as CLOSED. At this point, should I patiently wait for the mailed response to my dispute from TU or should I proceed with the next step and send the dispute letter to Central Financial Control now?

I know for a fact the account reported by CFC is invalid because a totally different CA is reporting the same account on both EQ and EX. Any advice will be appreciated!!
    • By kaa05
      Hi all,

I have an account open with Portfolio Recovery Associates from 2012 that I have been disputing and I just noticed it's reporting as a revolving account but says it's collection in the comments with Equifax- is this allowed? The report says I have 0 accounts in collection so I know it's not registering as a collection but I didn't think CA could identify as a revolving account?

It's a small amount from Capital One that quite honestly, I don't remember being associated with. They offered me a settlement but I turned it down. I was going to attempt for a PFD but wanted to check if this is grounds for a dispute first.

PORTFOLIO RECOVERY A Company/Account Name: PORTFOLIO RECOVERY A Company Address/Phone: Riverside Commerce Center
      120 Corporate Blvd Ste 100
      Norfolk, VA 235024962
      Account Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Date Opened: 06/20/2014 Last Activity: N/A First Delinquency: 09/2012 Type: Revolving Rate/Status: High Credit: $581 Terms: N/A Balance: $581 Past Due: $581 Most Recent Date Reported: 11/06/2014 Comments on Account: Consumer disputes after resolution,
      Collection account  

Thanks all!

• By david_weaver
      OK, have a late from December 2008 on a car loan. Account was paid in full and closed in February 2009. Was 54 month loan.

Late only shows on TU and was only late on account. Have tried numerous goodwill attempts with no success.

TU says it will fall off November 2015.

When that date comes, will it become a positive account and remain on the report for 3 more years until it hits the 10-year limit, or will the entire trade-line drop off?

As the late is 6 years old, my thinking was that trying to get the late removed with a dispute might cost me the trade-line if it just gets deleted instead of updated, which would hurt my AAOA more than a 6 year old late is hurting my score as the account dates back to 2004. Am I correct in that thinking?

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    craig5
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines