AFNI Not in the habit of validating paid debt?

ste541

The last post in this topic was posted 3496 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I have a $695 Verizon Wireless bill from April of 2009 that has been sold to AFNI.

I call and send letters all the time over the last couple of years and have not had any success with getting a PFD.

I called today and talked with a guy who said he would drop the bill to an even $300, they would report it as "paid", then he said that AFNI is not in the habit of paying employees to validate paid accounts, so ask the credit bureus to validate and AFNI would not respond, 30 days would pass and the account would drop off.

I am in no hurry and can wait until April of 2016 for this chocolate to be gone but this sounds interesteing.

Can you please give me advice I really want this account to be gone.

Not sure what state you are in, but if this is past SOL...

I cannot speak for anyone but myself, but I would NEVER pay a collection agency a penny in exchange for their reporting the collection as paid (which they would be legally required to do) and then taking the word of some guy on the phone that they would not verify it if challenged.

If it is outside SOL, the worst they can do is ding your credit. You are going to give them $300, and in exchange, get a verbal promise they will not continue to ding your credit? What recourse will you have if they LIE? Remember, they are scummy JDBs, their word is worthless!

Get it in writing that they will delete the account from all three CRAs, that they will not continue to try to collect (or will not sell off to another JDB ) the $395 they are supposedly 'forgiving', and clarify whether there will be tax implications to this 'forgiveness' if they accept the $300 as PIF.

Just my two cents, but when something sounds too good to be true...

The last post in this topic was posted 3496 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.