Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

What do you do when store policy is they ask for ID?

The last post in this topic was posted 1486 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I was just trying to report a local store for refusing to sell to me unless I showed my ID to pay with my (signed) Visa, but that link doesn't show requiring information as a reason for reporting a shop. Is that no longer a condition for Visa?

I was just trying to report a local store for refusing to sell to me unless I showed my ID to pay with my (signed) Visa, but that link doesn't show requiring information as a reason for reporting a shop. Is that no longer a condition for Visa?

https://usa.visa.com/checkoutfees/contact.jsp

Wow.. Correct, the form seems re-done and it does not appear to be on there!

Strange..

I called Visa about this (1-800-Visa-911) and their policy is the same. The merchant cannot require ID as long as the back of the card is signed. You can ask to file a "complaint" and for the reason of "supplemental ID required." It is important you use the exact words noted in quotation marks for Visa's overseas call center so they can clearly understand the issue. They will then ask you if the back of your card is signed and whether or not you actually completed the transaction, then for merchant information including phone number.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    totaljoy504
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines