MIDLAND.... hmm...what are you guys up to....

The last post in this topic was posted 2851 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

So fired off some disputer letters to all three bureaus for the fiancee at the end of May and already received the results of the dispute from Transunion.... Talk about service with a :grin: !! Anyhow, so out of 4 disputed accounts, 3 were deleted, and among the included MIDLAND CREDIT MANAGEMENT for an old T-Mobile account!!! ... So right before we got to celebrating the victory as I was very worried if this was going to be daunting.. i also opened a collection letter that didnt look like any of the usual suspects. It read as follows...

Dear Fiancee,

The purpose of this letter ir to request your assistance so that we may reach a quick resolution to your dispute.

As part of our investigation of your dispute, it would be helpful to have a copy of any documentation you may have that supports your dispute. In the interim, we have requested that the three major consumer credit reporting agencies change the status of this account to "Disputed."*

Examples of such documentation include the following

1. Paid In Full or Account Settled: (examples were listed)

2. Fraud: (examples listed)

3. Balance Discrepancy: (examples listed)

4. Death of consumer owing the debt: (examples listed)

Please mail any documentation you may have to support your claim to:

Attention: Consumer Support Services

PO Box 939069

San Diego, CA 92193

We can be reached at (800) 825-8131 ext 32980 should you have further questions.

SIncerely,

COnsumer Support Services

*****THIS NEXT LINE IS WHAT IS LEADING ME TO THINK WE HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT****

*Your credit report will not be updated if the federal reporting period has expired.

MAIL CORRESPONDENCE BUT NO PAYMENTS TO: blah blah blah address....

So what i am being led to believe is that maybe they realized that this account is outside of SOL.. the account went bad back in 2005 at latest... instead of disputing using SOL, i did a verison of Not Mine to bureaus first... Midland account was opened in 2011 on the report but looks like they were smart. Anyone think there is anything to worry about with this showing back up? Is oru letter showing DELETED grounds for dispute if this were to occur. Thanks in advance for all replies..

PS.. Also deleted were a Macys account and old Hooters card with Merrick... JEFFERSON CAPITAL SYSTEM for an old charged off checking account that never even went to ChexSystems is still showing..

I am currently using a credit repair company and i will let you know i i see one of those..i have been reading this board diligently and will probably drop them and do it myself.. The resources on this board are outstanding..

I received this letter from Midland.

I don't think it has anything to do with SOL. The asterisk is a note about when they will note the account as Disputed. If you DV within 30 days, they will update the account as Disputed. If you DV after 30 days, (after the federal reporting period has expired), they will not mark it as Disputed.

I think the letter is sleazy, because they are trying to get you to do their work for them.

I received this letter from Midland.

I don't think it has anything to do with SOL. The asterisk is a note about when they will note the account as Disputed. If you DV within 30 days, they will update the account as Disputed. If you DV after 30 days, (after the federal reporting period has expired), they will not mark it as Disputed.

I think the letter is sleazy, because they are trying to get you to do their work for them.

from what i was getting, because they put the asterisk next to the word "disputed" in th eletter.. and then put the meaning next to the asterisk at the bottom... im assuming it means that they will update to disputed HOWEVER, if it is outside the Federal Reporting Period, they will not update at all. resulting in deletion... which is what i seen on Transunion at least... you think differently?

I have a collection with Midland. I received the same letter a few months ago. I guess it is their way of not validating for most peope. Dragging it out so you have no where to go.

I have CO with Target and Midlands collection of that account. 4 1/2 years old.I need to try the OPs lead and dispute and hope t gets dropped.

What dispute did you use? Jack Attack?

Thanks for the hope

I have a collection with Midland. I received the same letter a few months ago. I guess it is their way of not validating for most peope. Dragging it out so you have no where to go.

I have CO with Target and Midlands collection of that account. 4 1/2 years old.I need to try the OPs lead and dispute and hope t gets dropped.

What dispute did you use? Jack Attack?

Thanks for the hope

The irony here is it arrived in the mail the same day as the Transunion letter which showed the account deleted.... because Experian sent me a stall letter as did Equifax, i cannot share if it would have been across the others because the request for them to verify was never sent from the bureaus for the other two.... welp at least i have the deleted letter for the Trans if that comes back.. next up... validating with them directly after they have verified with CRA..

Hey Luke do mind sharing a copy of the letter you sent to the CRA's? I have a first premier that I am trying to get off along with Midland

No problem. Send me a PM and i will be sure to reply to it sometime tomorrow when i am on the computer in front of my sent letters... long as you promise play with it a little bit and make it sound like yours :grin: ... thats how we keep some letters alive...

The last post in this topic was posted 2851 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By prosper711
      1. I had a Midland (ugh) account that I dispute with Midland, they agreed to tell the CRA's to delete it. TU and EX did so promptly, it has been 5 weeks and it is still on EQ.

2. Verizon Wireless, after 2 years just mysteriously disappeared from TU, then a day later from EX. 1 week later it is still on EQ.

Does EQ just not delete if they are told to by the creditors? And a side note wondering why Verizon deleted after only 2 years anyway?
    • By kkk1
      I have two collection accts. with Midland. One is for $870 and the other for $940 or so. I have disputed (the original amounts were incorrect) and they came back corrected and verified. Should I attempt PFD? If that's a no-go, should I PIF or just try to settle for a lesser amount. They send me offers every few months to settle for around $540 each. It's another 3 years before they SOL is up and I'd like to get them off/paid before then so I can get my credit back in order.
    • By bigcreditmess
      Just a note:
      I've already opted out, I've requested old addresses to be removed, I've ordered paper reports - I do have a TU from online as a 'summary' for now.

Today I received a letter from Midland/MCM that they are the new owner of my Credit One credit card with a balance of $648.17. I'm about 120 days
      behind and I guess they sold it. I do owe the money.

That said....the letter states they are the new owner and considering forwarding this account for possible litigation. If they don't hear from me by 12/15 they'll proceed.

To stop from continuing I need to mail $300 or call to see if I qualify for discounts or payment plans.

Then at the bottom it says "we will not report your debt to the credit bureaus if you set up a payment plan, make a payment by 1/31/15 and make all payments as agreed."

Thoughts??
    • By david_weaver
      Had a collection with Midland pop up for an old Orchard Bank card. Account was outside SOL, sent FOAD letter.

Below is the response I received:
      ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear David,
      The purpose of this letter is to advise you that you did not provide sufficient information to investigate your dispute of the credit reporting of your above-referenced account pursuant to the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

We understand you are disputing the accuracy of our records concerning the above referenced account. After reviewing the information you provided, as well our own account notes, and information provided by the previous creditor, we are unable to determine the nature of your dispute, and consequently deny that our records are incorrect.

In order to further investigate your dispute, we need additional information to help verify the basis of your dispute. Including a complete explanation of your dispute would be helpful. Further, copies of any documentation you may have to support your dispute. In the interim, we have requested that the three major credit bureaus change the status of this account to “Disputed”.

Examples of documentation we need or which would be helpful include the following:

Paid in Full or Account Settled: a) a copy of the front and back of payment instrument with copy of settlement offer or statement showing balance and account number; a copy of the paid in full or settlement letter showing account number.

Fraud or Identity Theft: a) a copy of a police report; Federal Trade Commission Fraud Affadavit that has been filled out (which can be obtained at www.ftc.gov/idtheft); or c) notarized fraud affidavit.

Balance Discrepancy: a) copy of contract that states rates for time frame of disputed service; a copy of bills or statements that show amount owed or rates; c) a more detailed explanation of disputed charges.

In the meantime, as requested by you, we will no longer be contacting you regarding this account by phone or mail unless it is to further respond to a dispute by you under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

The account may still be reported on your credit report as unpaid.
      _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So at this point, not sure what to do next. In the past, if one of these pesky ghosts popped up, a good slap always sent them scurrying back into the gutter. This time, Midland did as they said, and updated the listing with the three CRAs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
      Dave

• By The Destroyer
      I just got a Midland tradeline deleted from my credit reports.

I first submitted a DV and Midland quickly validated (the debt was legit). I called Midland to settle* -- I offered to pay in full ($200) if Midland agreed to delete the tradeline from my 3 credit reports. They refused, saying they would only update the tradeline to paid in full.

I ended up walking into a brick and mortar T-Mobile store and asking to check on the status of an old account I had with them. The T-Mobile agent told me the account had been sold to a CA, but I asked if he could call customer service and see if I could pay the account right there in full. After a quick call, corporate agreed, and I walked out with a paid in full receipt showing my account number, phone number, address, and name on the account.

I faxed a letter and receipt to Midland disputing the charges as already paid in full to T-Mobile and demanding they delete the their three reported negative tradelines from my credit report.

I was denied via mail.

I called Midland and asked them to explain the denial. I again explained my dispute verbally. After a few minutes on hold, Midland's customer service representative told me they agreed with my dispute and were going to be deleting the tradelines.

The entire process took 15 days.

A few takeaways: I read tons of horror stories about Midland on these boards. If you can afford it, I think (when trying to delete T-Mobile related tradelines with Midlands) this method is the easiest way to do it. After Midland agreed to delete, I filed a dispute with the three CRA and it speeds up the process of the change showing up on your credit report.

*Many people say not to call their consumer support, but if you let them know you are recording the conversation and you're knowledgable about your FCRA rights, I have always found disputing faster via phone.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    tradebuiltupletters

Important Information

Guidelines