Equifax claiming they never received request from OC

BrookeNichole

The last post in this topic was posted 3908 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hi,

I posted on here last week about Equifax being slow to remove 4 negative accounts from my husbands report. The original lender agreed to remove the accounts and we have a letter in writing confirming this.

This was only 2 weeks ago and Experian has removed 3 of the 4. Transunion has removed all 4. But nothing from equifax. At first I thought it was because they are just slow, so I figured I'd give them 30 days to update- but... After talking to a rep there, they said they never received a request from the OC to remove which I know is bogus since the other bureaus did so.

What should I do? I'm disputing the 4th account that's still in my experian... Should I go that route with equifax? Will sending in the letter from the OC help?

Thanks!

With goofy things like this on Equifax, I've had good luck calling them. I would say, the other bureaus removed these, and if they say send the letter, ask if you can fax it.

I had a dismissed judgement removed immediately, and a couple of accounts updated. Of course, I'm sure it depends on the luck of the draw and what rep you get on the line.

Update: Talked to Equifax and got a real person on the phone to explain what is going on. They basically said that they aren't seeing a deletion request from the OC still and that if we were to send in the letter, or fax it it, that it would open a dispute investigation. :(

On top of that discussion, we also talked to the OC and their response to us was that: "The request to delete the accounts were sent via an Automated Universal Data electronic file on May 28, 2013.

It may be too early for Equifax to have received the queued job. Please check with them again after 30 days."

If we dispute now, that has been known to combat the OC's request...so I guess we'll just need to wait. :blush:

Update: Talked to Equifax and got a real person on the phone to explain what is going on. They basically said that they aren't seeing a deletion request from the OC still and that if we were to send in the letter, or fax it it, that it would open a dispute investigation. :(

On top of that discussion, we also talked to the OC and their response to us was that: "The request to delete the accounts were sent via an Automated Universal Data electronic file on May 28, 2013.

It may be too early for Equifax to have received the queued job. Please check with them again after 30 days."

If we dispute now, that has been known to combat the OC's request...so I guess we'll just need to wait. :blush:

I would say just wait a bit longer. I had a similar situation. TransUnion deleted after the request was sent within 2 days, Experian took about 4 or 5 days and Equifax took just over 3 weeks to delete.

The last post in this topic was posted 3908 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.