Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

So, when do you think the next NavyFederal merger will happen?

The last post in this topic was posted 2789 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Navy has so many branches open now,

it's hard to think of a small CU somewhere that Navy isn't.

I wish I could find more about their merger history. Apparently there have been more than a few mergers but the USA Federal one is the only one I could find in a search. How I wish I could time travel back to 2010.

Marry into Bobs family then you can join. Merger of your own!

Compared to what people offer to be a BW AU, imagine what they would give to have Bob's hand in marriage!!!!

Im going to update my online dating profile and add that im a NFCU member. I wonder if I will get more hits, :wave:

I wish I could find more about their merger history. Apparently there have been more than a few mergers but the USA Federal one is the only one I could find in a search. How I wish I could time travel back to 2010.

That was a fun day. I remember, I was at work and we were all dealing with our own upcoming merger. I had to frantically tell people to leave me alone, I had a far more important merger to deal with!

Problem is that CUs are getting so big that they now resemble banks but thus far are regulated very differently. If NFCU keeps pushing the envelope they may find themselves subject to much more stringent capital requirements.

Navy fed will have another merger when the NCUA comes begging for them to assume yet another credit unions garbage portfolio.

I don't care for your tone :wave:

:) The issue with regulating NFCU more is that they are bigger than most of the other CU's combined. The NCUA doesn't want to rock that boat, IMO. The word on the street is that NFCU is pushing the NCUA to let them allow in ALL Veterans......That would net MILLLLLLLIONS of new members.

:) The issue with regulating NFCU more is that they are bigger than most of the other CU's combined. The NCUA doesn't want to rock that boat, IMO. The word on the street is that NFCU is pushing the NCUA to let them allow in ALL Veterans......That would net MILLLLLLLIONS of new members.

I thought all (U.S) veterans were already allowed to be members. I don't see how a DOD contractor is allowed to be member and not a 1960 something veteran.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOA is going to buy them out and bury them in the ground. Navy goes against everything BOA stands for (sucking the life out of their customers).

Im going to update my online dating profile and add that im a NFCU member. I wonder if I will get more hits, :wave:

Just think the amount of action you could get if you mentioned you were a member of NAVY, PSECU and Partners (like I am) :wave:

But I'm already happily married so I wouldn't be able to test the waters on that one. :rofl:

hes been mine from the start....already have the big ones. mines from the heart.

Edited by iWhat

The last post in this topic was posted 2789 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.