Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Upgraded! From Walmart to Walmart Discover !

The last post in this topic was posted 2716 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Had you done any CLI requests online after 4 statements closing? How many statements have closed in the 9 months?

Yes, First CLI was the luv button 2 months in, denied.

Increased the following week.

Second CLI auto @ 5 month mark, 900-2100

Upgrade @ 9 month mark, 9th statement has cut, waiting on 10th.

congrats!!! I've been waiting for my upgrade for 18 months so I'm jealous!!! :clapping::dance::good::P

Edited by lucky4

When something like this happens, does it cause a FICO score increase or might one take a hit because the account number change?

BTW, congrats!!

When something like this happens, does it cause a FICO score increase or might one take a hit because the account number change?

BTW, congrats!!

My understanding is you keep the original opened date, though not sure if you end up with two trade lines, one closed, one open.

I just opened the mail today to a Discover upgrade also. My CL is only $1550 and I just hit the year mark for card opening. Weird. It doesn't really fit my timeline for a new account but I'll take it. Does anyone know how cobranded cards display on your CR? Does it specifically say Walmart Discover?

I just opened the mail today to a Discover upgrade also. My CL is only $1550 and I just hit the year mark for card opening. Weird. It doesn't really fit my timeline for a new account but I'll take it. Does anyone know how cobranded cards display on your CR? Does it specifically say Walmart Discover?

Experian shows the Discover Wal-Mart card as:

* GE CAPITAL/WALMART

BTW, congrats!!

My understanding is you keep the original opened date, though not sure if you end up with two trade lines, one closed, one open.

I got an invitation to upgrade a TJX store card... to MC a couple of months ago ... I didn't wind up with 2 tradelines on my CR. Kind of like they took the history from the old card, and rolled it onto the new card. BTW, my upgrade invite came when I logged onto their GERC website (to see my balance & pay a bill)... just for fun I did the Walmart one and nothing. I hardly use my wmart card though, mostly use the Sam's one.

DW just got a letter in the mail Friday that said Congrats you are being upgraded to Walmart Discover and she had til something like July 9th to let them know if she didn't want to upgrade to let them know. Went online to expidite it put nothing popped up on the WWM account page. So I guess the card will be coming sometime after July 9th.

Now if only MY card would get upgraded we could both be happy campers, LOL

OP-congrats on the upgrade. I also saw in her letter that you get 15 CENTS off per gallon of gas from now until July 10th I think at their gas stations that are in the parking lots. That's pretty good, Saving 15 cents a gallon is worth going there..

I have had my tjmaxx card since october with a REALLY high limit although they didnt approve me for the mastercard, just the store card. How long does it typically take for the upgrade?

Congrats.

I got the upgrade letter last year and never activated the discover offer. I kind of want to now but I'm assuming I'm stuck now.

So to clarify, if you have a Walmart card and get the upgrade to their Discover card, does GECRB just update the original trade line or is the net result two trade lines from GECRB?

Edited by Rogue

Bump....

So to clarify, if you have a Walmart card and get the upgrade to their Discover card, does GECRB just update the original trade line or is the net result two trade lines from GECRB?

The last post in this topic was posted 2716 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.