Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

EQ sent my report to an old address....

The last post in this topic was posted 2793 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I did an online dispute a few days ago and received an email stating that I could review the results online. So today I went online and it said a new report has been sent for my records. So I clicked the letter and it says it was sent to a certain address which is not my current . As a matter of fact I have not lived there since 2008. What to do, who do I contact

I'd call EQ directly and explain what happened, they should send a copy to your current address. While you are on the phone have them remove all old addresses as well :)

Thanks i was not sure if i should call or send something , incase something happens like idenity theft. I am just scared because someone has my credit report and social security number.

I hope they understand this time I was going through Why Chats HiPPA process, I already had all addresses removed once. Now they reappeared, and this happens :\

I hope they understand this time I was going through Why Chats HiPPA process, I already had all addresses removed once. Now they reappeared, and this happens :\

If they sent your credit report to an unauthorized third party, at an address you already informed them was incorrect, that sounds like a major violation.

I did a search and could not find anyone else that this has happened to. . I just hate calling these credit reporting agencies, because everytime I call it backfires, as this did. I feel like they need to know that this is serious, to me anyways. That is the only reason I thought I should write as opposed to caliing, as to have a paper trail. Oh why meeee

You can do both. I'd call right away just in case...request again that ALL old addresses are removed and that an updated report is sent to your current address. Then send them a letter CM and reference the telephone call, add the date, time and rep you spoke with as well. Keep a copy of that in your records along with the copy and receipt for the CM. I'd look into what Occam said as well.

The last post in this topic was posted 2793 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.