Sign in to follow this  
chi

Who is SRG?

The telephone rings and the caller ID says it's Allstate Insurance. I let the answering machine pick it up figuring it was a sales call, even though we're on the do not call list. It was an automated voice, female with english accent that I recognized from past collection calls for DH. The past collection calls never stated who they were or who they were collecting for. Neither I nor DH has ever had any dealings with Allstate Insurance. The calls, including this one, simply said they were calling DH and if the person listening to the message is not DH then to hang up and if it is DH to hang on, and that it was not a sales call. After a short time after that statement they disconnected.

I Googled the phone number and there was not a single entry for it. I called the number and an automated voice said it was SRG and to hang on until a rep came on the line. I Googled SRG and it's a CA.

What to do about a CA who is using the name Allstate Insurance for the caller ID?

Maybe a call to Allstate to let them know they are being spoofed? They need to follow up with a C and D order...

It was hard getting a phone number for the right dept at Allstate Ins. but I did manage to finally find an automated leave a message number with their fraud division. I called and gave them the info. I also called my AG and left a message with them too.

Maybe a call to Allstate to let them know they are being spoofed? They need to follow up with a C and D order...

It was hard getting a phone number for the right dept at Allstate Ins. but I did manage to finally find an automated leave a message number with their fraud division. I called and gave them the info. I also called my AG and left a message with them too.

Also talk to a NACA attorney. Spoofing is a big no-no for CAs/JDBs.

Also talk to a NACA attorney. Spoofing is a big no-no for CAs/JDBs.

Someone in the office of the AG called back and I explained about the message left on the answering machine. About the local number they had used that was showing on the caller ID was no where to be found on Google. That they had used the name of an insurance company, which they aren't affiliated with, for that phone number on the caller ID. She agreed with me about the spoofing but she basically said there was nothing they could do because it was a CA and there are privacy laws involved. So I asked her if this CA could spoof any company name and get away with it? She hemmed and hawed a bit then said, "well, yeah" :huh:

Edited by chi