The last post in this topic was posted 2911 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Five years ago, I fell into some credit trouble, but came out of it. I got 60 days late on several credit cards. All were paid off in full, then closed.

Two of the credit bureaus show these accounts as having hit 90 days, while the other correctly shows 60.

My question is, after nearly 5 years, I am sure I could dispute based on the accounts never having been 90 days late, and they would likely be removed altogether.

As they are closed accounts, are they helping me at all just by being there? Is the status (90 days late) even hurting my score anymore as it was 5 years ago and the accounts are closed?

In other words, is it better to leave them alone, to try to have them removed, or does it make no difference at all given how much time has passed?

Dave

I have one last account on my report that is reporting a slew of varying lates that I finally came current on in 2009. It used to show up in the derogatory column on both myfico.com as well as the cra reports, but sometime in the past year it no longer did. It's my understanding that after 4 years they really don't have much effect, and if there is any it is outweighed by the boost they give to your AAOA?

Prosumer, that was my concern. These are accounts opened 2000-2002, so they are among my oldest accounts. My fear was that by trying to have the 5 year old lates removed, the account issuers might not respond to the dispute, and the accounts would drop off my credit report. Losing them altogether would likely do more harm (by severely dropping my AAOA) than any increase I might get. That is why I love this board, and why I ask before I act.

The last post in this topic was posted 2911 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Recovery77
      I was looking at my credit reports today, and I noticed something odd on my EQ report. My date of birth has the wrong month. I was born in October (10) and EQ has my birth month as January (01). It is clear what happened, whoever input my data simply transposed the digits, turning a 10 into a 01.

That being said, it might also not be that simple of an error. Perhaps there is a tradeline that has January (wrong month) in my DOB and EQ updated my information on that tradeline's reported DOB.

Either way, this seems like an opportunity. Correct me if I am wrong, but if tradelines are disputed based on a "not mine" approach, could a mismatch in DOB be significant?

• By Fred030
      Greeting Everyone,

I am a new member. I want to thank all of you for your sincere efforts and guidance. Devoting time to help others is actually a best good some could offer. Thank you all.

Now about me.

I am working to clean up my credit. I have a student loan that is currently under deferment until 02/2016. Back in 2014, When it went to repayment phase, I was overseas. By the time I cam back in Aug 2014, the loan was already 180 Days late. I applied for Econ Harship that was granted and back dated to Feb 2014(The original date when the repayment was due). I have recently noticed that it is being reported to my Credit File as 180 days late despite Econ Hardship Deferment back dating.I disputed with the CRA but it came back as "updated" with same late data.

I think my question is how I can resolve this with the CRA. The OC does not seems to understand that Econ deferment means as if the loan is being paid as agreed, and unwilling to report a removal of late status. My understanding is that when deferment is back dated it reads as no default has been occurred and loan is being paid as agreed. Is it possible that contest it of justify it through precedents are legal aspects. I may be misunderstanding. Please help me.
    • By nikkih901
      A few weeks ago I started the initial dispute process for 3 medical collections that I discovered on my CBR from 2009 and 2013. Although I have not received an official response via mail from TU, I just logged in to my Credit Karma account and saw that one collection (reported by Central Financial Control) was updated on 12-26-14 as CLOSED. At this point, should I patiently wait for the mailed response to my dispute from TU or should I proceed with the next step and send the dispute letter to Central Financial Control now?

I know for a fact the account reported by CFC is invalid because a totally different CA is reporting the same account on both EQ and EX. Any advice will be appreciated!!
    • By kaa05
      Hi all,

I have an account open with Portfolio Recovery Associates from 2012 that I have been disputing and I just noticed it's reporting as a revolving account but says it's collection in the comments with Equifax- is this allowed? The report says I have 0 accounts in collection so I know it's not registering as a collection but I didn't think CA could identify as a revolving account?

It's a small amount from Capital One that quite honestly, I don't remember being associated with. They offered me a settlement but I turned it down. I was going to attempt for a PFD but wanted to check if this is grounds for a dispute first.

PORTFOLIO RECOVERY A Company/Account Name: PORTFOLIO RECOVERY A Company Address/Phone: Riverside Commerce Center
      120 Corporate Blvd Ste 100
      Norfolk, VA 235024962
      Account Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Date Opened: 06/20/2014 Last Activity: N/A First Delinquency: 09/2012 Type: Revolving Rate/Status: High Credit: $581 Terms: N/A Balance: $581 Past Due: $581 Most Recent Date Reported: 11/06/2014 Comments on Account: Consumer disputes after resolution,
      Collection account  

Thanks all!

• By OnMyOwnMom
      Hi, I sent in a dispute to Experian in late October, they responded quickly that they had "re-investigated" and verified the two items in my dispute letter. Ummmm...ok, but there were several more items that I disputed in that same letter that they don't even mention. My 30 days is up. Should I send in another letter to Experian stating that they did not properly process my dispute and to remove all disputed line items? Do I stand a chance? LOL that would be way too sweet ;-)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    MyraC

Important Information

Guidelines