What do lenders see on HP that they don't see on SP

The last post in this topic was posted 2836 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hopefully someone knows the answer to this because I'm very curious too.

Also, what is meant by a manual review - is that the same as a HP?

I am waiting also... However I can answer your question.

A manual review mean a human (usually an Underwriter) further reviews your credit application and approves or denies as opposed to an instant online approval or denial.

HP is a "hard pull" or "hard inquiry" of your credit report as opposed to a "soft inquiry" which does not affect your score, a hard inquiry does.

I think the difference is a hard inq provides account details like we see on our consumer credit reports. Soft inq probably have a condensed version...

So where a hard inq will have the creditor, date opened, credit limit, credit usage, history of payments...etc I'd guess that the soft inq would have your accounts with info like balance, credit limit, ever late, minimum payment.

That's just a guess though :)

I'm pretty sure they can get a score from a soft pull. I know if you apply at Lending Club or Prosper they give you a score and it's only a soft pull.

Maybe they can see more information about past history from a hard pull.

Hopefully someone will give us a more definitive answer.

I'd guess that they are the same information but that to get a score you need a hard pull unless you create your own scores. But it would be nice to hear from someone in the know.

I wonder how PSECU gives us monthly scores then - since that is a soft.

The last post in this topic was posted 2836 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By usermi
      Hi,

I'm about to apply for a mortgage so I will have 2 mortage companies do a hard pull for my credit, from what I read hard pulls within one week are not that bad, so I was thinking I can also apply for higher credit limits with the credit cards that require a hard pull, apply for better home insurance rates (which I think do a hard pull also), etc during this period, is this a good idea? How many points should I expect to lose on my score?

Thanks!
    • By dash1729
      What is the best way to get a copy of one's TU (or EQ/EX for that matter) credit report including soft pulls?

I just bought a car and Geico informed me that my TU credit report may have affected my rates. However the only TU inquiry listed on that date was a finance company that appeared to be related to the auto financing. I wonder, though, if the credit report I have listed shows only hard pulls and Geico did a soft pull.

How did I find out all credit inquiries including soft pulls for TU?

• By fezwhy
      The used car market is very agressive here and cars are moving very fast.
      I have a few cars I like at a dealership but I have to go through all the approval process etc.
      If in deed I get approved and they don't have any cars I want to buy will another hard pull or inquiry at another dealer hurt my credit?

It's very Likely I may have to go to a different dealer as this one dealer only has a few cars in my price range. However there is another dealer with many more cars in my price range.

My scores aren't that great and I don't want to sink my score and ruin my chances of getting approved somewhere.

I also have about 4k I can put down on a car if I absolutely have to. I'm not sure if having 20 percent down matters.
    • By timetofaceit
      Hello all! Quick question to make sure I understand this concept correctly. Because it would really suck if I am wrong and apply!

I am "pre-qualified" (via website) for multiple Capital One cards. I am rebuilding and need more unsecured cards. Lets say, hypothetically, I apply for three capital one cards. That's 3 pulls on each CRA. Nine total. My understanding, however, is that if I apply for all three on the same day, I will only incur ONE pull from Capital One on each CRA. Is that correct?

I hate the triple pull, but if I can get multiple cards out of it, I'll do it. I just don't want to be wrong and end up with 9 inquiries. I'd cry! Thanks for the help!
    • By david_weaver
      So I was trying out the 'shopping cart trick' to see which ones would offer me a pre-approval at checkout. I have not accepted any yet.

On Victoria's Secret, the pre-approval was $500.

On OneStopPlus, the pre-approval was $750.

I would have thought since all were based on soft-pulls and all are issued by same bank, the limits would be the same?

I can understand a higher opening limit if I was looking at Value City Furniture or maybe Sportsmens, as they sell so many large ticket items.

I will definitely go for the Victoria's Secret I think, as that would be one I could really use. But I would really like to add another. I do not have any other store cards.

What sort of credit limits have people received at the various Comenity stores when pre-approved during the shopping cart?

Advice on where I should try?

Thanks!

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Wimpy

Important Information

Guidelines