Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

USAA credt monitoring not available to limited members?

The last post in this topic was posted 2752 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Being in the middle of a refi, I'm looking to keep daily tabs on my credit. After some research here, it looked like I could get USAA credit monitoring, as a Limited Member.

I called today about joining to get their credit monitoring premium and was told that it was not available to limited members and even if one were a full member, they do not allow daily pulls without an additional charge per pull...

Was the info I was given but the USAA rep wrong or was he right?

Thanks!!

I'm a "limited member" and have the service. Daily pulls just cost more. I talked to a rep recently about closing my savings account, and she told me that if I did that I could no longer have the credit monitoring/daily pull product.

Maybe that's what your rep meant... that you have to have at least one banking product (which is different from being a "full member").

I only keep a few hundred in my USAA account because the interest rate, while not the worst available, is pretty lousy.

Limited member, pull everyday. Pay more.

All correct.

So you don't have any other products ... Just the credit monitoring? BTW, how much more are you paying per daily pull? Is there anything else that's cheaper for a daily tri-pull?

Limited member, no products or accounts. Signed up online with USAA about two weeks ago, then signed up for premium credit monitoring. Pull your first report, next day hit the refresh button and a popup window appears with the option to upgrade to daily, $22.95.

Limited member, no products or accounts. Signed up online with USAA about two weeks ago, then signed up for premium credit monitoring. Pull your first report, next day hit the refresh button and a popup window appears with the option to upgrade to daily, $22.95.

So daily pull isn't charged per pull? BTW, did USAA do a hard/soft or no pull to get the limited membership setup?

Thanx!

IIRC,

I'm a "limited member" and have the service. Daily pulls just cost more. I talked to a rep recently about closing my savings account, and she told me that if I did that I could no longer have the credit monitoring/daily pull product.

Maybe that's what your rep meant... that you have to have at least one banking product (which is different from being a "full member").

I only keep a few hundred in my USAA account because the interest rate, while not the worst available, is pretty lousy.

Thinking further, I believe the rep told me I couldn't have the credit monitoring/daily pull service at a discounted price. She didn't say that I couldn't have the service at all.

Thanks for everyone's help!! I've got a limited account setup and credit monitoring. For daily pulls, it's $22.95 ... at least that's what I was told, when I signed up...

I do have one additional question, not that I'm signed up. How do I initiate a daily pull, or does it happen automatically, when I log in?

Thanks again!

could be mistaken but thought there was a recent thread which mentioned a discounted rate available for the daily pull service "upgrade."

Edited by virtualtreasure

Back when they announced the end of daily pulls, some of us called and got a discount on an "upgraded" daily pulls for six months. That discount is $11.12 and is due to expire soon. The previous daily pulls was $6.12 I believe.

BTW, I have no accounts besides the credit monitoring.

The last post in this topic was posted 2752 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Aahz
      So, when I signed up for MyFICO recently I didn't actually read , so didn't realize I'd only be getting one 3-in-1 report per year. Not acceptable, but totally on me

So, I poke around CB per usual when I have a credit related question and eventually stumble across BW's Master How to Sign up for USAA CreditCheck Monitoring Premium (CCMP) Thread. Cool.

I follow along his steps and, after entering my SSN the site returns a message asking me to confirm that I am [NAME REDACTED]. Now here's the "funny" part - the name they showed was my birth name, which I haven't used (and hasn't been on my Social Security card, credit reports or ANYthing else) in over two decades!

Clearly, I think, they're connecting to some bizarre, totally outdated database. But I soldier on (so to speak), confirming that I am, indeed this person and managed to get signed up.

After checking out my reports and learning my way around the CCMP site I return to the USAA site and notice that I actually entered my address wrong. So, I go to change it and, after entering the correct info and clicking next, the site informs me that it can't change info for MY MOTHER because we live at a different addresses. Now, I haven't spoken to my mother almost a decade and I certainly didn't enter her name anywhere at USAA or CCMP, (other than her maiden name as requested, but the name they posted back to me was her (third) married name) so I'm compleely flumoxed.

I poke around a little more and it seems I not only signed up for CCMP, but also managed to join USAA, which I thought was impossible for me. My father was in the Air Force and the Navy, but I haven't spoken him since the day I graduated from high school in 1987, so I would have no idea any of his relevant required info. My maternal grandfather was also in the Navy, but he died over 20 years ago, so again, I have no access to his info.

Yet, alas, I've somehow not only (literally) stumbled into USAA membership, but my account has somehow been created under a name that is no longer legally mine and been connected to my estranged mother's account.

DO things get any more bizarre?
    • By Quietman
      Well, one more step for the DW. Approved for $16K on their Rate Advantage Platinum MasterCard, HP on EQ.

Her Scores:

Exp : 789
      TU : 798
      Eq : 806

Over the last twelve days, she's scored:

AMEX EDC - $9,400 to $28,200
      NFCU Flagship - $10,000
      NASA Visa - $13,000
      BECU - $25,000
      BOA - $8,200 > $16,400
      USAA - $16,000

For a total of $91,000 in new credit!

I think this evening she'll apply for a second NFCU and a Citi card, then off to the garden!

• By I don't even...
      Has any one else noticed CCMP's questionable math? I get that they are counting all revolving accounts as both Retail and Bank cards, but how does 5+1=7 or 1+4=6? Any ideas? Any one else with similar results?

Edit: grammar &c.
    • By mizliz1011
      the last two inquiries shown on this report have long been B* from Equifax Complete. Does USAA not report updated Inquiries (hard) on a timely basis or do I have a problem? and it doesn't show a legit HI from Oct. 9th... May I assume that USAA is not at its finest on the latest and greates of HI reporting? Also, it is showing a CA that was removed almost immediately as the entry was in error... but it is still zinging my experian score...it is dated 9/15 and was removed by CA almost immediately after call from my lawyer...
      Alert Date 09/06/2014 THIS HAS BEEN BUMPED Business Name NAVY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION Inquiry Date 09/04/2014 Alert Date 08/31/2014 Business Name NAVY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION THIS HAS BEEN BUMPED Inquiry Date 08/11/2014 Alert Date 08/31/2014 THIS HAS BEEN BUMPED Business Name PENTAGON FCU Inquiry Date 07/26/2014  
    • By Art_Vandelay
      Well after trying to freeze my EX report online I finally broke down and called them. Only took a couple of minutes but I just despise talking on the phone to "credit people". Maybe not "credit people" but it just amps my blood pressure up, LOL.

Anyway, after I got my EXP frozen I applied online for a Bank of America credit limit increase.
      Had it over a year in June of 2013 and they started me off at $10,000. I left the amount I wanted out an applied, but it came back stating I had to put an amount in the CLI box so I put $25K.

Came back with it increased to $18,000. I'll take that.

Then called into USAA (they have always been super nice btw) and asked for an increase on my AMEX CASH card that they issued me at $13,000. I also had a Visa with them that was at $3,000 that I never use, but they said they would have to pull 2 reports seeing that one was AMEX and one was Visa. So I opted for the AMEX increase. Came back doubled to $26,000. HAPPY, I'll take that too.

Then went to my PNC which is my main bank besides NAVY. Started at $10,800 and they raised me to $25,000. I'm happy with that also.

Decided to try CHASE which was about 20 months old. Started at $12,000 and asked for $25,000. Had to call in for that one and the lady said that a underwriter had to look at it and I would be getting a letter in 7-10 days. BUMMER...............My CLI high was shot down

So I said WTH and applied online for a CLI on my USAA Visa at $3,000 and it came back approved for $9,000

So I can go to bed HAPPY and content that I'm still in Garden mode with CLI's of $41,200.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Myke
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines