USAA credt monitoring not available to limited members?

crabu2

The last post in this topic was posted 3935 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Being in the middle of a refi, I'm looking to keep daily tabs on my credit. After some research here, it looked like I could get USAA credit monitoring, as a Limited Member.

I called today about joining to get their credit monitoring premium and was told that it was not available to limited members and even if one were a full member, they do not allow daily pulls without an additional charge per pull...

Was the info I was given but the USAA rep wrong or was he right?

Thanks!!

I'm a "limited member" and have the service. Daily pulls just cost more. I talked to a rep recently about closing my savings account, and she told me that if I did that I could no longer have the credit monitoring/daily pull product.

Maybe that's what your rep meant... that you have to have at least one banking product (which is different from being a "full member").

I only keep a few hundred in my USAA account because the interest rate, while not the worst available, is pretty lousy.

Limited member, pull everyday. Pay more.

All correct.

So you don't have any other products ... Just the credit monitoring? BTW, how much more are you paying per daily pull? Is there anything else that's cheaper for a daily tri-pull?

Limited member, no products or accounts. Signed up online with USAA about two weeks ago, then signed up for premium credit monitoring. Pull your first report, next day hit the refresh button and a popup window appears with the option to upgrade to daily, $22.95.

Limited member, no products or accounts. Signed up online with USAA about two weeks ago, then signed up for premium credit monitoring. Pull your first report, next day hit the refresh button and a popup window appears with the option to upgrade to daily, $22.95.

So daily pull isn't charged per pull? BTW, did USAA do a hard/soft or no pull to get the limited membership setup?

Thanx!

IIRC,

I'm a "limited member" and have the service. Daily pulls just cost more. I talked to a rep recently about closing my savings account, and she told me that if I did that I could no longer have the credit monitoring/daily pull product.

Maybe that's what your rep meant... that you have to have at least one banking product (which is different from being a "full member").

I only keep a few hundred in my USAA account because the interest rate, while not the worst available, is pretty lousy.

Thinking further, I believe the rep told me I couldn't have the credit monitoring/daily pull service at a discounted price. She didn't say that I couldn't have the service at all.

Thanks for everyone's help!! I've got a limited account setup and credit monitoring. For daily pulls, it's $22.95 ... at least that's what I was told, when I signed up...

I do have one additional question, not that I'm signed up. How do I initiate a daily pull, or does it happen automatically, when I log in?

Thanks again!

Back when they announced the end of daily pulls, some of us called and got a discount on an "upgraded" daily pulls for six months. That discount is $11.12 and is due to expire soon. The previous daily pulls was $6.12 I believe.

BTW, I have no accounts besides the credit monitoring.

The last post in this topic was posted 3935 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.