The Master Blacklist Black List Thread – Work In Progress, Help Needed

BobWang

American Express = 2<x<= 6 yrs settled CO, 10 yrs (2 yrs if due to "Too many applications within a 12 month period")

BofA = 8-9.5 yrs

Barclays = 3.5 - 7 yrs

Capital One = 12 mths (CO) or > 9 yrs

Chase = 5.5-9.5 yrs

Citi = 3 yrs (Retail), 7 yrs (CO, YMMV), 10-18 yrs (IIB)

Credit One
Discover = 5 yrs

CFNA/Firestone = > 8 yrs

Forum CU = forever

GECRB = 2 yrs

HSBC = >20 yrs (7 yrs for Cap One)

NFCU = ∞ (Can be forgiven if full balance paid)

Target Red Card (TD Bank) = 3-7 yrs

TransUnion = "Forever" for too many daily pulls (Actually 1-2 years usually)

USAA = >17 yrs

Wells Fargo => 12 yrs

• 2 weeks later...

Oddly, I wasn't blacklisted by Cap One. I not only have the Cap One but Best Buy which they now own as well.

They own Best Buy for just a little while longer. Citibank is taking over Best Buy credit cards. For anyone who doesn't know that yet. Very anxious to see what Citibank will do to all the people who BURNED Citibank. Will they

1) let them keep their BBRZ cards and NEVER CLI them OR

2) Cancel the cards completely OR

3) just be Business as Usual (Which i'm very much Hoping)

have not read entire thread but while reading i saw this post and wanted to comment. My wife had a Citibank card in 2005 and charged off for $1500 in 2008. It was sent to Midland and they sued her and got a default judgment. When Best buy was switching over we were concerned that we would lose the account. About 6 months before they switched I asked for a CLI and was told based on the program we are not eligible for increases. 3 months after citi took over I asked for a CLI. It did take a hard pull but her limit went from 600 to $1600. Last month I was thinking about apping for a citi card but was worried they would deny so I opted for the Freedom instead.

I c/oed Amex in approx 2004 for $2500ish. Interestingly enough they never once sent me a letter asking for money nor sent it to collections. I was not active on looking at my credit report until last year and it was long gone by that point. Anyways, Since January they have been softing me every month and this month they did it 3 times with 3 different names. They were Amex FR, AMEXES, and something like AMX card service. I am not looking at it right now so those are just rough names. Does this mean they are still angry at me?

I think I read earlier in this thread that you are blacklisted with them until paid, is that the case?

If not, if I were to get in with them would I be able to get D* to 2000 or am I screwed on that since it is unpaid?

I c/oed Amex in approx 2004 for $2500ish. Interestingly enough they never once sent me a letter asking for money nor sent it to collections. I was not active on looking at my credit report until last year and it was long gone by that point. Anyways, Since January they have been softing me every month and this month they did it 3 times with 3 different names. They were Amex FR, AMEXES, and something like AMX card service. I am not looking at it right now so those are just rough names. Does this mean they are still angry at me?

I think I read earlier in this thread that you are blacklisted with them until paid, is that the case?

If not, if I were to get in with them would I be able to get D* to 2000 or am I screwed on that since it is unpaid?

I also have an old AMEX unpaid c/o that is gone from my reports due to old age. I also have a truckload of these softs. HoustonLynn wrote elsewhere that they soft any time there is a change to EX which would make sense in my case. Have you had a lot of recent changes in EX too?

I would assume this means we are still on their "list." You can test it by having someone add you as an AU. I was denied.

It has been reported that if you're on the blacklist and apply for a card, they won't pull, but as always, YMMV. It is also reported that once you get back in with them, they will D to your old charged off card.

I also have an old AMEX unpaid c/o that is gone from my reports due to old age. I also have a truckload of these softs. HoustonLynn wrote elsewhere that they soft any time there is a change to EX which would make sense in my case. Have you had a lot of recent changes in EX too?

I would assume this means we are still on their "list." You can test it by having someone add you as an AU. I was denied.

It has been reported that if you're on the blacklist and apply for a card, they won't pull, but as always, YMMV. It is also reported that once you get back in with them, they will D to your old charged off card.

ohh my collection score has gone through the roof so I figure that is why they are softing me. I have had a 70 point FICO jump since Jan and are down to 1 baddie on EX.

For those of you that are off of the blacklist did you notice them stopping the softs at 1 point.

I wonder why they continue to do it 10 years later. I would think it would cost them money and there is nothing that they can do about it at this point.

I also have an old AMEX unpaid c/o that is gone from my reports due to old age. I also have a truckload of these softs. HoustonLynne wrote elsewhere that they soft any time there is a change to EX which would make sense in my case. Have you had a lot of recent changes in EX too?

Yep, the only account I've ever had with them is my current corporate AU card -- I've never even apped for them for a personal card. So although this card does not report with any CRA (corporate card), I'm "in the system" and they soft me every time my EX changes, whether good or bad. Most recent case in point: EX added a fraud alert on 4/16 -- Amex softed me the same day.

Well, here's my story:

I had my Amex IIB in 2003.

I didn't even try applying for one until 10/2013, and was denied because my credit was still a mess.

Last week I was finally approved, so I guess I'm not blacklisted. I have never been an AU or anything.

I just took a look at the oldest experian I could find that I have saved, and my oldest soft from anyone at all on there is from 11/2009, and at no point from 09-current has Amex softed me. There are 2 hards - last fall, and last week, when I applied.

• 2 weeks later...

I had about a 5k CO/settlement with BofA back in 1/2006 and settled in 1/2007. they actually sued me and I settled with the lawyer.

I applied yesterday and got 30k from the UW with no mention of the CO account.

on the other hand Chase brings up my CO account every time I call them for anything.

I had a Chase CO for 5k about 7 years ago. I tried unsuccessfully to apply for a new Chase card back a couple of years ago. I was approved for a Chase Slate this week.

I had an Amex CO around the same time for 35k. I was declined for any Amex a couple of years ago, but I was able to get approved for an Amex corporate card with a 15k CL last year. I haven't tried for a personal card from them yet, so that may be different.

Have you been able to get a personal card from AmEx yet?

Interesting tidbit. I called the AmEx EO the other day and had a very pleasant conversation with a gentleman there. I specifically asked about the blacklist. He asked me some questions, reviewed my file and spoke to his supervisors.

He informed me that AmEx typically doesn't approve new accounts if your BK is still showing on CR. Additionally, they will decline if the amount involved is greater than $10K. He said that he's not advising or soliciting me to do so but I could consider paying to get their loss to under $10K. A business AmEx application is evaluated and treated separately from a personal AmEx and that I probably stand a better chance of getting a business card.

Do business AmEx show up on one's CR? If they do, I will try to get some for B*.

To commemorate the 10-yr mark of my BK7 (3 days early), I decided to test the AMEX blacklist again.

Summarily rejected. Maybe I should have waited another week. LOL

Edited by chugs102

I had a Chase CO for 5k about 7 years ago. I tried unsuccessfully to apply for a new Chase card back a couple of years ago. I was approved for a Chase Slate this week.

I had an Amex CO around the same time for 35k. I was declined for any Amex a couple of years ago, but I was able to get approved for an Amex corporate card with a 15k CL last year. I haven't tried for a personal card from them yet, so that may be different.

Interesting tidbit. I called the AmEx EO the other day and had a very pleasant conversation with a gentleman there. I specifically asked about the blacklist. He asked me some questions, reviewed my file and spoke to his supervisors.

He informed me that AmEx typically doesn't approve new accounts if your BK is still showing on CR. Additionally, they will decline if the amount involved is greater than $10K. He said that he's not advising or soliciting me to do so but I could consider paying to get their loss to under $10K. A business AmEx application is evaluated and treated separately from a personal AmEx and that I probably stand a better chance of getting a business card.

Do business AmEx show up on one's CR? If they do, I will try to get some for B*.

To commemorate the 10-yr mark of my BK7 (3 days early), I decided to test the AMEX blacklist again.

Many suffer from premature application, and it's nothing to be embarrassed about.

So for kicks, I decided to test the AMEX black list after reading the thread ...

Congratulations EarnIt
your application has been approved.
You are now an American Express® Card Member.

I have a CO from 2007 that was settled in 2008. At the time of settlement, I received the AMEX we hate you and we will never like you again letter. Apparently time heals all wounds.

I had about a 5k CO/settlement with BofA back in 1/2006 and settled in 1/2007. they actually sued me and I settled with the lawyer.

I applied yesterday and got 30k from the UW with no mention of the CO account.

on the other hand Chase brings up my CO account every time I call them for anything.

it's crazy how our chase experience differs so much. I had a chase CO and auto repo in '06. They approved me for an auto loan in 2012 and just approved me for a chase freedom with a decent limit. They have never brought up either the CO or repo. Makes no sense but hey, I'll take it.

sent via tapatalk

Many suffer from premature application, and it's nothing to be embarrassed about.

So now I'm exactly at the 10-yr mark. Decided to apply for an AMEX BUSINESS card.

DECLINED. Looks like I'm blacklisted on the business side as well.

It's not premature application that was the problem. It might be low T.